• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ariane's smol art thread 💌

Finally u made a thread gurl lol
Both the allainah and Kanaa one look so pretty! You should definitely try to get the 70 ish dollars wacom tablet, it becomes so useful (I use it for my pixel art lmao, without it I'd be ded) Can't wait to see more from you <3

Finally u made a thread gurl lol
Both the allainah and Kanaa one look so pretty! You should definitely try to get the 70 ish dollars wacom tablet, it becomes so useful (I use it for my pixel art lmao, without it I'd be ded) Can't wait to see more from you <3

yea I did!! thank youu ♥

is this the one you mean? I was looking up tablets and I saw wacom recommended a lot, I don't want something too complicated/expensive, something for beginners would be okay for now :')

Yep! I think the white one is slightly cheaper though lol but still the same thing

wait you drAW WITH A MOUSE?? holy heck, if this is what you can do with a mouse, I can't wait to see what you'll be able to do if you get a tablet! :000
anyway I love how soft and neat everything looks! I just want to pinch and poke all of it :,,,D

that wacom is pretty much the tablet i have and its great!! your chibis are really cuteee (and im so impressed with a mouse whaaat) and i cant wait to see what you could do if you do get a tablet!! <333

psst do you wanna do a trade? <3

Last edited:
You got such a cute art style! >.<
Luv the piece you did for Bunnilla! You will be ace with a tablet~
{I will totes do an art trade with ya ;p}

wait you drAW WITH A MOUSE?? holy heck, if this is what you can do with a mouse, I can't wait to see what you'll be able to do if you get a tablet! :000
anyway I love how soft and neat everything looks! I just want to pinch and poke all of it :,,,D

I do!! ;_; the curve tool on SAI and pen tool on PS are life savers for drawing with a mouse :')
thank you so much omg!! ♥

that wacom is pretty much the tablet i have and its great!! your chibis are really cuteee (and im so impressed with a mouse whaaat) and i cant wait to see what you could do if you do get a tablet!! <333

psst do you wanna do a trade? <3

thank you so much for the input on the tablet and your kind words :D yess I definitely wanna trade with you, send me a PM with details? ♥

- - - Post Merge - - -

You got such a cute art style! >.<
Luv the piece you did for Bunnilla! You will be ace with a tablet~
{I will totes do an art trade with ya ;p}

thank you so much ♥ ♥ ♥
omg I would love to trade with you, you know I love your pixels! send me a PM?

wah! that's impressive with a mouse! great job, my only feedback is that you want to avoid shading the edges of hair like on the left and right sides, it makes the piece look more flat rather than dimensional!

Last edited:
wah! that's impressive with a mouse! great job, my only feedback is that you want to avoid shading the edges of hair like on the left and right sides, it makes the piece look more flat rather than dimensional!

thank you very much ;_;
ahh yes I know I tend to get carried away with the shading because it's my favorite part, I'll try to restrain myself in the future :')

I doubt you wanna do an art trade with me, I'd love to though!

I try my best and it still isn't half as good as most awesome artists here (including you) but least I try.

Here's an example (I hope the owner of the OC doesn't mind)

What do you mean by this? I need tips too so that's why I'm asking xD

Last edited:
!!!!!! ARIANE!!! u opened up a gallery!! :')))
i can't wait to see more pieces from you omg I'M EXCITED TO SEE IMPROVEMENT FROM YOU ALSO!!!!!!!
tumblr_inline_naiec9eMYR1qid2nw.gif

your style looks adorable
tumblr_inline_n3i9dwaxa21qid2nw.gif

ariannnnnne end my life i l o v e these chibis!!
so cute omg. if only i could draw and trade ;-; i cry

I doubt you wanna do an art trade with me, I'd love to though!

I try my best and it still isn't half as good as most awesome artists here (including you) but least I try.

Here's an example (I hope the owner of the OC doesn't mind)

thank you for your interest :')
I'm sorry but for now I'll have to say no because I accepted two trades earlier and they take me a long time ;_; maybe some other time though! ♥

!!!!!! ARIANE!!! u opened up a gallery!! :')))
i can't wait to see more pieces from you omg I'M EXCITED TO SEE IMPROVEMENT FROM YOU ALSO!!!!!!!
tumblr_inline_naiec9eMYR1qid2nw.gif

your style looks adorable
tumblr_inline_n3i9dwaxa21qid2nw.gif

KANAAAAAA
your comment means the world to me, you know how much I admire your art!! THANK U SO MUCH!! ♥ *hugs you through the screen*

ariannnnnne end my life i l o v e these chibis!!
so cute omg. if only i could draw and trade ;-; i cry

ahhhh thank you so much ;_; ♥

Last edited:
thank you for your interest :')
I'm sorry but for now I'll have to say no because I accepted two trades earlier and they take me a long time ;_; maybe some other time though! ♥

I understand, thanks anyway.

Maybe afterwards we could whenever you have free time.

What do you mean by this? I need tips too so that's why I'm asking xD

what I meant was that, instead of overall outlining around the character with a shading color, you want to shade only the areas that are hidden from direct sunlight (folds in hair, clothes etc) i did a quick doodle to help you visualize it better:

gHkNgWr.png

hope this helps!
(sorry for clogging up your thread ariane)

Last edited:
I understand, thanks anyway.

Maybe afterwards we could whenever you have free time.

maybe! ^^

what I meant was that, instead of overall outlining around the character with a shading color, you want to shade only the areas that are hidden from direct sunlight (folds in hair, clothes etc) i did a quick doodle to help you visualize it better:

gHkNgWr.png

hope this helps!

no need to be sorry, this helps me as well, thanks for explaining ♥

gHkNgWr.png

hope this helps!
^ eeh, but if the light source is in front of the character, that'd be alright?
But for sure I wouldn't recommend overdoing it bc it could easily become pillow shading

--
Ariane I can't wait to see what you have in store next c': cute cheebs as always!

Back