• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ariane's smol art thread 💌

Ahh the 2 latest chibis are so cute <3 Keep up the amazing work ❤

aawww thank you very much bun
tumblr_inline_n1v0bdetch1qid2nw.gif
tumblr_inline_n1v0b4j48K1qid2nw.gif

it's midnight in France and it's officially my birthday!!!! which means I'm old which means that I will be getting my tablet this week aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh
so I'm super excited
tumblr_inline_nkuv9x3Yf41qid2nw.gif

just so I didn't bump this just to talk about little old me here's my latest thingy, it's my smol mayor with my favorite flowers
(my latest chibis are in the original post :blush:)

Last edited:
Happy early Birthday Ariane! ❤❤❤
That piece looks so beautiful, the flowers are so bright :blush:
I can't wait to see what you'll make <3

Happy early Birthday Ariane! ❤❤❤
That piece looks so beautiful, the flowers are so bright :blush:
I can't wait to see what you'll make <3

aahh thank you so much bun!! ♥
(it's not early for me :p)
and yep, I do like colors that are so bright they'll almost blind you with their fiery vibrance!!
I can't wait to see what I'll make too :rolleyes: ;)

Happy Mega Birthday Ariane!!!

thank you very much :D

YOU GUYS! I got my tablet on my birthday ;________;

5vbs2aH.png

I've been playing around with it and photoshop (my go-to program always) and it feels amazing, it's a lifechanger when drawing...I'm super excited to gradually evolve from drawing with my mouse -> drawing with this beauty

anyways
I've been playing Paper Mario Color Splash and having so much fun with it, so I decided to draw our favorite mustached hero with my brand new baby!

It was my first try at doing a "big" pixel drawing, it was so much fun! It was also my first big animation and I had a hard time with it but finally made it work :')

In the future I'm going to keep practicing lineless art (I like doing it more, even with a tablet - lines are hard ugh), but not pixel I think cause it's very time consuming lol

time to draw all THE THINGS (and rescue poor Princess Peach - again)

Last edited:
Intuos yessss! I have intuos too but like a super old version. What kind is that one?
Your art is so unique~ you totally deserve it!

Intuos yessss! I have intuos too but like a super old version. What kind is that one?
Your art is so unique~ you totally deserve it!

ohh you changed your username :blush:
It's a small Wacom Intuos ART! I got this one because I was told it was good for beginners (and it was the cheapest, lol)

thank you sooo so much ;_; that's super sweet of you ♥

ooh you finally have your tablet!
i have the exact same one. one thing that bothers me is the pen >.< its so fat and barrel-ly and my hands hurt when using it a lot.

the mario pixel is super cute by the way!

Last edited:
ooh you finally have your tablet!
i have the exact same one. one thing that bothers me is the pen >.< its so fat and barrel-ly and my hands hurt when using it a lot.

the mario pixel is super cute by the way!

I do!! :D
the pen doesn't bother me much but maybe that's because I haven't used it for hours on end yet lmao
the problem I have right now is lines - I can't seem to make pretty curves, but I think it might be because photoshop isn't the best program for drawing? I'll keep working at it ;)

and thank you! ♥

i've never used photoshop for drawing, but i've seen plenty of people draw wonderful art with it!
how does it feel to finally have pressure on digital drawings lol

i've never used photoshop for drawing, but i've seen plenty of people draw wonderful art with it!
how does it feel to finally have pressure on digital drawings lol

yeah me too! which is what makes me think there's a problem with the configuration of my tablet so I'm looking around for solutions... hopefully I can fix it soon
IT IS LIFE CHANGING pen pressure is everything oh my god

That Mario pixel is SO cute! I love the animations! Pixel art can definitely be time consuming though, especially if you're making something larger. That's why I mainly stick to tiny pixels. XD

Wow. You have just gotten better and better! It was amazing watching you grow and improve as an artist :) All of this is fantastic!

That Mario pixel is SO cute! I love the animations! Pixel art can definitely be time consuming though, especially if you're making something larger. That's why I mainly stick to tiny pixels. XD

thank you so much! :blush: yeah it is lmao, that's why I won't be doing them too often. I find small pixels harder though, all that detail! :eek:

Wow. You have just gotten better and better! It was amazing watching you grow and improve as an artist :) All of this is fantastic!

awww thank you!! ♥♥

congrats on the new tablet!
i can't wait to see the gorgeous art you will create with it hehhe
I won't post much for many reasons but I'm here to tell you that I'll always be lurking...
the colors are of your mario pixel are so vivid! if you are comforable without lines keep going :D Making lineart has become one my least favorite steps but I can't do without it because I need to know where to place details and my sketches are too rough to understand what belongs where eee
so I'm basically painting and blending the lineart later or decrease its opacity/partly erase it = . = it's impressive when people don't need lineart at all but still manage to give things a shape ya!!!

You are already improving heaps and I hope you see that *--* I hear people improve with a tablet faster because they don't have to worry about producing waste (in form of paper) or running out of ink so they scribble to their heart's content and have all colors available!
Relatively long message before I disappear for a bit //leaves flower petals and vanishes into glitter particles lmaoo

aww thank you!! that means so much!
(I love vivid, vibrant colors hehe)
I really do like lineless art, both to look at and to draw ^^ I'm not doing anything too complicated yet so I don't have the problem you have with sketches, but it is something I thought would trouble me in the future when I go into more details.... I guess I'll have to practice making super clear, detailed sketches :')
It's true that having a tablet is very liberating ;_; I never really drew on paper so I never had the trouble of running out of materials (I'm kinda worried when I press the pen on my tablet too hard lmao), and I find digital art easier like you said for colors, and correcting your progress etc :') I like to choose all of my colors after I'm done with the drawing and I tend to change things all the time
I hope you don't disappear too long ): I always love to see new art from you, it's such an inspiration ♥

it's been a couple weeks since I started this drawing but with real life and signature comissions and stuff, I only just now finished it ;_;
It's my first big, detailed, lineless drawing done with my wacom tablet, I'm very proud of how she turned out, it's a style I'm going to stick to :blush:
I need more practice with anatomy (that was what took me the longest, I couldn't make her hands look perfect ><)
This was done with Photoshop and a program called Lazy Nezumi (that allows me to make extremely smooth lines on photoshop) and my tablet!

Last edited:
Back