• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ariane's smol art thread 💌

100th reply! These things are so cute :D

thank you!! ♥

This is where I'm at with Tinkerbell...good news is I'll most likely be done by my sister's birthday, bad news is I don't know what to do with what's left of the background ><

F4K0noO.png

I think it looks completely fine without a background. But maybe try a plain light blue background? idk

IT
IS
FINISHED

I fixed my background problem by painting with brushes so it wouldn't be too plain
I added sparkles and highlighs on the right, shadows on the left

I'll maybe post it in its original size on DA after I gift it to my sister ♥

I would love feedback on this, as it is my biggest drawing yet ;_;

sorry for the watermark

Last edited:
IT
IS
FINISHED

I fixed my background problem by painting with brushes so it wouldn't be too plain
I added sparkles and highlighs on the right, shadows on the left

I'll maybe post it in its original size on DA after I gift it to my sister ♥

I would love feedback on this, as it is my biggest drawing yet ;_;

OA3VE2h.png

sorry for the watermark
OMG IT'S SO CUTE!! Love her pose!

omigosh the tinkerbell piece is so good!! I love the colours and her pose and everything - you're really good at lineless art ;w; can't wait to see what else you can do with your tablet ahaha

Last edited:
Your art piece is really beautiful, and this is going to be a wonderful art piece for your sister.

The only thing I noticed was the thumb on the left side of the artwork ( the hand near your signature) should be on the other side of the hand ( I think) it looks odd, you may have to reposition the hand
example

Last edited:
omigosh the tinkerbell piece is so good!! I love the colours and her pose and everything - you're really good at lineless art ;w; can't wait to see what else you can do with your tablet ahaha

ahhh thank you so much, that means a lot to me :')

Your art piece is really beautiful, and this is going to be a wonderful art piece for your sister.

The only thing I noticed was the thumb on the left side of the artwork ( the hand near your signature) should be on the other side of the hand ( I think) it looks odd, you may have to reposition the hand
example

thank you very much! I can't wait to give it to her tomorrow ♥
ahh yes, I hoped that wouldn't look too weird, I spent forever on her hands and when I noticed that I didn't have the strength to redo it because it was so hard ;_; I told myself she was maybe turning her arm another way, so the arm near the signature shows the back of her hand and the other one her palm? not sure if that works but I'll leave it like this, I don't think I'll be able to make it better ^^'

Your art is amazing with that tablet thingy!
The improvement is HUGE

Last edited:
I love that Witch mayor drawing. I'm an absolute sucker for lineless drawings and I really find these adorable! Keep up the good work! ~

Your art is amazing with that tablet thingy!
The improvement is HUGE

I love that Witch mayor drawing. I'm an absolute sucker for lineless drawings and I really find these adorable! Keep up the good work! ~

thank you so much!! ♥

I'm finally able to draw again after hurting my hand last week ;_;
So I drew my little Biskit with his Halloween candy stash :blush:

This was really an excuse to experiment with new brushes - I may have gone a little overboard with it but they were so fun to use I couldn't help myself
I recomend clicking it to view full size, the effects show up better ^^

Last edited:
Wow, Biscuit is so cute with his little candy stash :)
Your art has definitely improved with a tablet -- just looking at your first post you can see!

Biskit and the candy remind me of pillows or fuzzy socks. It's a digital plushie!

well that's possibly the best compliment I could have gotten on it :')

Wow, Biscuit is so cute with his little candy stash :)
Your art has definitely improved with a tablet -- just looking at your first post you can see!

thank you so much! ♥

practicing a little more with brushes - I think it can completely change a drawing's style and really give it a pop!
I struggle a LOT with faces, spending forever on them, but hair is definitely my favorite thing to draw

10 more days to draw spooky things :blush:

Last edited:
Omg wtfffffffff????!!!!!! That's amazing!!!!!!! I love that style!!!!!!!!
and exclamation marks....

thank you! I'll practice it some more later :blush:

Mario Odyssey has officially taken over my life, but I'm still going to draw some Halloween things until Tuesday!

Last edited:
Back