• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

ariane's smol art thread 💌

^ eeh, but if the light source is in front of the character, that'd be alright?
But for sure I wouldn't recommend overdoing it bc it could easily become pillow shading

yeah it depends on where you want your light source to be, I was just saying generally it lies above (cause the sun is shining down on you most of the time) here's a better explanation on light and shadows

I think that the most recent one is so cute, You're definitely have much potential and since youre so quick with things Im sure youll learn a lot fast. I agree a tablet will be very good for you, even if youre used to the mouse right now or it may take time to get used to using a tablet (I remember when I got my wacom intuos pro, I barely touched it for a whole year or so.) Wiith a tablet you'll learn and pick up on skills easier, be able to experiment more, and be able to draw stuff much quicker. It's definitely an investment that will be worth it in the long run, especially if you're wanting to be really intensive about your art, open commissions, or do something professionally related to it. Not to say that you can't do all that with a mouse, but it will be a lot easier on you, and what you would get done in a week with a mouse you could get done in a day or two with a tablet!

Also, I would be interested in doing a trade if you are~

Last edited:
I think that the most recent one is so cute, You're definitely have much potential and since youre so quick with things Im sure youll learn a lot fast. I agree a tablet will be very good for you, even if youre used to the mouse right now or it may take time to get used to using a tablet (I remember when I got my wacom intuos pro, I barely touched it for a whole year or so.) Wiith a tablet you'll learn and pick up on skills easier, be able to experiment more, and be able to draw stuff much quicker. It's definitely an investment that will be worth it in the long run, especially if you're wanting to be really intensive about your art, open commissions, or do something professionally related to it. Not to say that you can't do all that with a mouse, but it will be a lot easier on you, and what you would get done in a week with a mouse you could get done in a day or two with a tablet!

Also, I would be interested in doing a trade if you are~

thank you so much tifachu ♥
If I do get a tablet (I think it's more like when now ahah), I know it's gonna be work cause I'll have to relearn a lot of things, but like you said, it'll be worth it cause I'll be able to do more and faster ^^
I don't see myself opening commissions any time soon (other than for tbt I mean) because I feel like I'm a long way from professional artists, but maybe one day, you never know ;)

I am definitely interested in trading with you!! I love your cute art ♥ that said I have accepted two trades already, and like I said they take me a long time - would it be okay if I let you know when I'm done with those trades to do one with you? that way I don't make you wait too long :blush:

i actually got a tablet yesterday to draw and it's very hard at first xD
you should've definitely get one though!

heres what i drew ~ x
when you aren't stuffed with orders i'd like to trade sometime maybe ^_^

i actually got a tablet yesterday to draw and it's very hard at first xD
you should've definitely get one though!

heres what i drew ~ x
when you aren't stuffed with orders i'd like to trade sometime maybe ^_^

I'm now 99% sure I'll be getting one for my birthday next month lol
I know it won't be easy at first, but it'll be worth it! I'm ready to learn ^^

I really like your drawing! I'd love to trade with you, I'll contact you once I'm done with the trades I have yet to finish <3

here are two new pieces for art trades :blush:

I was originally going to do it lineless but I messed it up somehow, so my lines are different than usual? Figuring out the proportions on her body was the hardest part ><
99% sure this is my favorite piece yet, I absolutely loved doing it and I'm very proud of how she turned out ;_;
I tried another way to do lineless and managed to do it! I realized I hate doing lines so I just figured, I'll just skip them....
I loved her color scheme and her design and the little ghosts ♥

I'd love some feedback on these especially the 2nd one :')

Last edited:
here are two new pieces for art trades :blush:

minsi_by_wearthesun-dbjc0fs.png

I was originally going to do it lineless but I messed it up somehow, so my lines are different than usual? Figuring out the proportions on her body was the hardest part ><
spiritus_by_wearthesun-dbjc03q.png

99% sure this is my favorite piece yet, I absolutely loved doing it and I'm very proud of how she turned out ;_;
I tried another way to do lineless and managed to do it! I realized I hate doing lines so I just figured, I'll just skip them....
I loved her color scheme and her design and the little ghosts ♥

I'd love some feedback on these especially the 2nd one :')

Haha, glad that I traded with ya! And gurl, that background thou! I adore this art work! And her ghost buddies lookin fab lol

Oml that's so amazing they both look so cute <3
The ghost grill looks so pretty and flowy, you draw chibis better than me lmao

Haha, glad that I traded with ya! And gurl, that background thou! I adore this art work! And her ghost buddies lookin fab lol

ahh thank you so much again and I'm so happy that you liked it :')
the background was a piece of work lol I was digging around lots of different brushes :p
and I looove ghosts so I had to do them justice ♥

Oml that's so amazing they both look so cute <3
The ghost grill looks so pretty and flowy, you draw chibis better than me lmao

THANK UUUU you're too kind ;_;
girl what are you talking about you're super talented

ahhh I love the newest pieces, esp the lineless one (also I feel you, I hate doing lineart too rip :,,,D) it looks so cute and neat and professional ;w;

ahh omg i love the ghost!! and the sparkles in the eyes + blush. so so cute :blush:

thank you hun!! I knew you'd like the ghosts :blush:

ahhh I love the newest pieces, esp the lineless one (also I feel you, I hate doing lineart too rip :,,,D) it looks so cute and neat and professional ;w;

thank you so much! ♥ ;_;
isn't lineart a pain though? Maybe skipping it is cheating but idk, I have a thing for lineless art :')

thank you hun!! I knew you'd like the ghosts :blush:

thank you so much! ♥ ;_;
isn't lineart a pain though? Maybe skipping it is cheating but idk, I have a thing for lineless art :')

it is oml - it's just so time consuming and difficult and ugh I have no patience rip ;;
and skipping it definitely isn't cheating ahaha - lineless art is a unique style in itself (sometimes it's harder to do than lineart orz) I'd love to see you make more of it!!

it is oml - it's just so time consuming and difficult and ugh I have no patience rip ;;
and skipping it definitely isn't cheating ahaha - lineless art is a unique style in itself (sometimes it's harder to do than lineart orz) I'd love to see you make more of it!!

I feel exactly the same way ;_; I'd rather make my colors and shading pretty :p also it's very hard to do lines with a mouse

you made me feel better ♥
thank you, I'm pretty sure I'll do it more ^^

her persona for Kazelle :blush:

I'm definitely going to stick to lineless for now, I enjoy it a lot more :') Same for the soft/blurred shading, I figure cell shading will be easier to try on a tablet
my biggest struggle (besides lines) is anatomy, I try to use references but it's still hard for me to get the sizes right (her arms are a bit too long, I had a hard time with her face because she's sideways)
That said I'm pretty happy with how she turned out ^^

Last edited:
Back