How do/did you pick your Villagers?

Flare

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7087-8935-1983
What's the cause of yall having those specific villagers in your Town? Is it Appearance, Personality, Nostalgia, Theme Related, etc?

Personally, I picked the villagers that are in my Signature all based on how they would usually be nice to see, interact, etc.

Like rn, I'm thinking on getting Lopez, Chief, and Agnes again based on similar reasons as stated above. (Though Punchy is cool and nice too but urghh I would want Lopez but 10 villager limit exists. Agnes and Chief aren't a problem to get.)

Last edited:
I guess for me it's half due to appearance and half theme related. I don't want anyone too colorful, so I'm sticking with more neutral and realistic colors (like, I'm not getting a blue horse, you know what I mean)

Each are for different reasons.

Clyde- My first villager ever in city folk. So many memories.

Teddy- Also in my city folk town from years ago and I feel like his dialogue is so nice compared to other jocks.

Maddie- I like her design and her house.

Marina- I like how unique the octopus species is so i wanted one in my town.

Hans- His design is perfect and I also feel like he is super sweet compared to other smugs.

Gayle- Perfect design and I alot and very easy to connect with.

Pashmina- The only uchi I can connect with.

Penelope & Vladimir- Cute designs plus they are so cute interacting with each other.

Nostalgia: Olivia, Rosie, Ankha and now Lolly who I've yet to get, appearance & personality (as one, I need to like both to really connect): Fang, Skye, Kyle, Molly and Deirdre.

Butch, Pinky and Kidcat: Nostalgia! They were all in my old first town on Animal crossing Wild World <3
Celia: The very first villager in this town I've seen! She was with me from the start, she's also a very cute eagle!
Marshal, Beau and Wolfgang: Oh, I love their designs and personality, adorable little white squirre, the cutest lazy dear and a beautiful wolf
And last but not least Olivia! She's a cat, I love all cat's designs and she is also one of my fav snooty villagers :)

Mine were all random/chance, with the exception of Midge, who I had in ACGC and loved. When I got the chance to move her into Salem, I jumped at it.

I like having new faces show up, because it gives me a chance to see different characters. I might decide that one isn't such a great fit after a while, but I want to give them a chance.

I really love the color pink so I tend to go with villagers that have some pink color to them or sometimes red. Anything very cute and girly. Except Margie. I've had Margie since I started my town and I cannot let her go for some reason lol.

Appearance mostly, but lately I've been going off whether or not I've them in previous saves because I don't want to end up playing with the same villagers over and over. This has caused me to rethink some of my dreamies.

Kept most of my originals, and the others either moved in or were amiibo carded in. I don't have a species theme or any sort of theme really; I simply wanted at least one of each personality type and villagers that I liked.

One exception to my lack of theme is Bud. I moved him in to be a summertime resident of Vista, and plan to move him out once school starts. I liked the idea of having a temporary resident during the summer months and will probably continue to do so as long as I have a slot to work with :D

ruby- she was a starter and i fell in love!! this was before i knew anything about the dumb villager tier thing that makes some villagers "better" than others ;;
fang- i always liked my crankies, but i wanted fang in particular because his eyes are frickin gorgeous??? have you seen those things?????? eyeshadow on point teach me your WAYS, fang
kid cat- a lot of people don't like jocks, but i like their can-do attitude even though whenever they say something to me about working out i'm like "can't relate." i like kid cat a lot because he's so little and cute (he's a cat, after all), but he acts all hardcore and his red suit is so funny :)
blanche- i've been having a hard time choosing a snooty, but thanks to some replies from people here on the forum, i think i've chosen blanche! she?s so refined and regal, and i think her snooty-ness comes off as less ?rude popular girl in my local high school? and more ?i?m a queen and i have refined standards.?
dizzy- recently picked him to replace punchy on my dreamies list! no diss to punchy- he?s plenty cute!- but i also have erik in town and he?s the same size and erik and their laziness is hard to differentiate. i think dizzy is super super adorable, and i think his visual differences from erik make him a good second lazy
erik- also a starter! was my favorite villager for a while until ruby took over and fang started cha-chomping his way into my heart. still think he?s an absolute sweetie, and it helps that he?s finally changed out of that awful spade tee that was going around town for a while?
lolly- i like the normals because they?re so sweet, and it broke my heart to let sally leave. however! i think i can find solace in lolly, because she?s just as cute and just as kind! i think what attracted me to her most was that her japanese name is ramune, which is one of my childhood japanese treats
marshal- he?s my smug! i would have kept kyle, but i was dumb when i first started my town, and i let my starter kyle leave (he was the first to ever ask and i was like ?lol!!! ok!!?)... might switch him out for another smug later, but for now, his color scheme matches my town really well
daisy- used an amiibo card to move her in and haven?t regretted it! her house is too cute and i love having a dog villager in town (especially after i let biskit leave like that ;; )

aaand i have an extra empty spot! originally i only had 8 dreamies and planned to let the other two slots be open for villagers to move in and out (keeps my town constantly different, yaknow?), but daisy has taken up one of those slots and i?m excited to see who will take this last one! :)

I usually choose which one I like the look of per personality. So I'd look at the cranky villager list and then pick one that I like the look of.

I don't pick by level of popularity.

I pick based on Species, personality, and looks. No more than two of the same species in my town, and I have to have all personalities accounted for. With those guidelines I just pick which animals I think look good or pick by nostalgia. Then bam, you end up with the set of 10 villagers below.

I think they're cute and picked them before I met this forum. The monkeys are mainly because of Nana's cuteness spreading.

My first town was all by chance, whereas my second town I tried to get as many colorful villagers in it as possible.

Mainly apperence, with personality kept in mind as I chose. Added points for me if I had memories with the villager, because nostalgia is always a good thing. Specifically, I started with Sprinkle in my town to begin with, and then through the ages I ended up acquiring many koalas and penguins through random move-ins and campsite visits because I liked the apperence, and then I got so many that I ended up deciding I would have a Koala town with some Penguins and filled in the blanks with needed personalities from the species groups and eventually got where I am today, villager-wise

Back