• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cussing/Curse words

nah its not ok to be on a site that should mainly attract children

in general, yea its fine just like don't use it in every sentence you say lol. some people curse 24/7 and it gets irritating

I cuss a lot, but when you're around children who are impressionable, or near your elders too I think it can be disrespectful. I try not to do it at work, at least in front of customers, but I do pepper curse words into my normal day to day conversations quite a bit.

I cuss a lot, but when you're around children who are impressionable, or near your elders too I think it can be disrespectful. I try not to do it at work, at least in front of customers, but I do pepper curse words into my normal day to day conversations quite a bit.

I agree with you. It's disrespectful to cuss in front of children or older adults, i also think it disrespectful to cuss online or in gaming, it tends to make people avoid you. But, it's alright as long as it's a joke or not in a serious way. I tend to spit out a cuss word almost every 10 minutes, it's just common for me to do it ;-;

Last edited:
I cuss a lot especially when I'm angry (you won't probably hear anything other than that lol) or sometimes, I use it as an expression when I'm excited or see something amazing but I try not to do it in public or in-front of people that I'm not close with.

I agree with you. It's disrespectful to cuss in front of children or older adults, i also think it disrespectful to cuss online or in gaming, it tends to make people avoid you. But, it's alright as long as it's a joke or not in a serious way. I tend to spit out a cuss word almost every 10 minutes, it's just common for me to do it ;-;

Online I think it depends on where, like here obviously it's blanked out cause we have kids here, but there's website where the majority is adults and so cussing is acceptable IMO. But it depends on what, I use it for emphasis mostly. In games I cuss a lot but I don't really play games where people can hear me... XD

I fine with cursing if you are over the age of 18.
Cursing in front of stranges, children, and older people (over 60) is rude and makes me uncomfortable.

Sometimes I wish I could make a dolphin noise so I could curse like spongebob.

Last edited:
Older adults, whatever unless we're in a church or some other place where you shouldn't otherwise I don't care since they only remark just to do it and not because they actually dislike it lol

Young children using a cuss word makes me frustrated, like do their Parents teach them not to talk badly like that...? If I had my son/daughter and i'd hear them cuss I'd scold them.

My neighbors' kids scream alot and occasionally throw cuss words all over the place, it's crazy. :/

Last edited:
I have the same point of view. That's why it really bothers me when my dad cusses me out.:(

I don't curse irl or online (except when I'm REALLY MAD. Then I've been known to let one fly) I prefer using creative alternatives.
It's just a personal thing.
I don't mind too much when other people do it. But they need to be careful to always be respectful and not do it in front of children.

I totally think its fine if you're ranting to a friend/s or if you're in a bad situation (let's say you're trapped or something, you're obviously going to try and stay positive but also your mind is probably freaking out and cussing) OR if you're quoting a book, poem, or someone. Other wise I think it's inappropriate to cuss if you're pissed off at someone (because that really doesn't solve anything) or around family members, kids, etc.

i dont mind if other people curse, in fact im pretty sure i cuss wayyy more than im aware of, both online and off lmao. i never do around strangers or kiddos, though.

i sometimes don't really get those people who curse like a sailor.
i myself don't usually curse often. i curse a lot more often in my head though.

Brought up around it, part of the common vocabulary in certain geographical locations, - it becomes a learned habit.
I'm pretty sure it's not a conscious thing - not for me anyway and usually comes out when expressing polar ends of emotion - really sad,angry, frustrated or really happy.

British humour uses it too, certain jokes wouldn't work without swearing to emphasize.

I swear online a lot (Discord chats), but irl I can but just not as often as in discord chats and such, I only really use them to enhance a joke or just to get my point across, I never direct them at anyone unless they're my friends and I am making a joke

I swear but my sentences aren't filled to the brim of "bad words". I can form normal sentences without dropping the f bomb. I'm also aware not to enter sailor mode around children.

Most the time my friends find me hilarious when I swear. I'll be like, "Oh that dumb @#$&! tried to beat around the bush!"

Young children using a cuss word makes me frustrated, like do their Parents teach them not to talk badly like that...? If I had my son/daughter and i'd hear them cuss I'd scold them.

My neighbors' kids scream alot and occasionally throw cuss words all over the place, it's crazy. :/

It really depends on the age of the kid. My little cousin is 2 years old and my dad let the f-bomb slip out once by accident since he forgot he was at the house and he immediately copied him. Now no matter what my cousin does she CANNOT get him to stop saying it. Maybe once he understands a bit better but toddlers are a totally different story when it comes to cussing

I would prefer if people would treat me like an elderly woman when it comes to cussing, because it really bothers me a lot. People just assume that because I am in my early twenties that I'm okay with it, but it is a major pet-peeve. It's very distasteful, in my opinion. I don't mind if someone uses it but very sparingly, like for emphasis. But some people use it every sentence that falls from their mouth, and I really don't like being around that, especially if that person is using it aggressively, like as an insult. ):

I would prefer if people would treat me like an elderly woman when it comes to cussing, because it really bothers me a lot. People just assume that because I am in my early twenties that I'm okay with it, but it is a major pet-peeve. It's very distasteful, in my opinion. I don't mind if someone uses it but very sparingly, like for emphasis. But some people use it every sentence that falls from their mouth, and I really don't like being around that, especially if that person is using it aggressively, like as an insult. ):

i grew up in the very situation you have described, which makes not want to be like them, but because its what i'm used to.. weeeelll

i do swear often, but sits usually un-knowingly and never in=front of people it shouldn't usually when i'm alone and did something stupid tbf and i'm questioning myself

Back