• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cussing/Curse words

i don't use slurs but i am guilty of cursing a lot irl and online. i played league in middle school with friends after all, all i said were cuss words lmao.

I don't do it myself but I feel like a lot of people don't do it because there are kids around but since I'm 13 and I'm going to eighth grade I hear them everyday all day in school even from the 6th graders I would hear it, also when I was still in elementary school I would also hear it all the time. (It's probably because the city I live in is almost completely ghetto so the kids are raised by ghetto parents and then that happens.) There were only 2 people in my 7th grade class who didn't swear, me, and some girl. So if someone doesn't swear because they're around kids, I don't see the point.

I only ever do it if I'm by myself and I know no one's around to hear me. Or I do it in my head. But never in front of people; it makes me feel really uncomfortable and it gets on my nerves when people can't go two seconds without swearing.

every other word outta my mouth nowadays is ****. i curse on the internet around people who would usually be cool with it. in real life i act normal as hell and don't ever curse lol

and no, i definitely don't mind at all

Last edited:
I curse, my roommates curse, we are all cursing cursors. I do not like doing it in front of family, children, or at work when around customers but otherwise I am just a stream of swearing.

I curse a lot IRL but, not when I'm on the internet. I don't mind when people curse.

Last edited:
I don't really care either way, I use them kinda often. Unless you're using them to insult someone their pretty harmless.

I always thought I wouldn't swear, thinking it was unnecessary and rude but that changed a lot for me around 17/18 for some reason. These days I'm more of the opinion that words are what you make of them and that you shouldn't take offence to the words themselves, if it's punctuated as an insult towards you then it's fair but even then the insult is really the problem. "You idiot" or "You ****ing idiot", it adds emphasis. And that's what I think I enjoy about it now, it is just another wrinkle to language. I enjoy punctuating sentences with it, and I always find myself doing it when something goes wrong. And especially when I'm driving. Nothing is off limits when I am driving. Thankfully it doesn't translate to true road rage but I will explode if someone annoys me on the road. After long journeys, my voice regularly sounds hoarse. I swear in front of my parents and they both swear and accept it. I swear in public but try to limit myself when I think someone may not want to hear it (not always doing a great job of it) but in formal settings I do limit myself.

I have such a potty mouth, it's not even funny. I think it helps me get out aggression without being angry and volatile. Curse words are my jam. What I will not put up with is racist/homophobic slurs. ANYTHING. Any slurs. Anything degrading. Nope. I will not have it.

I find it disrespectful around strangers and children. But besides that I don't see a problem. Too much cussing is pretty tacky though imo.

I don't mind curse words but, if it's offending someone then, that's when i mind. i swear to myself sometimes when i'm angry or sad.

I don't understand why humans get so offended over cuss words when there are starving children in Africa and the government system is corrupted, making less fortunate people's lives very difficult. So if you are offend by the F word and you don't bat an eye at the Texas disaster than you have serious issues.

I think curse words are completely okay. That may be because I partly use them myself, but I think that normal words just aren't enough to show frustration sometimes. Tbh I understand some people may find curse words just really vile and unpleasant to hear, but I don't see why you should stop other people from using them just because it's something you don't agree with.

i curse all the time, but i rarely curse at school and on the streets
i think it's a good idea to **** curse words since people who understand would know what it means anyway

Perfectly fine with it. I do it myself a hell lot of the time anyway.

I don't use any really offensive swears tbh. I curse a lot in front of my friends and my parents occasionally lol. They're just lenient with that kind of stuff, and they swear infront of me too, i guess it's kind of a regular thing in my household. I don't swear on here though, like ever, out of consideration. Although, I swear more in my 2nd language than english *shrugs* :)

Back