needing advice on landscaping! (4th chars and villager cycling wyd)

5cm/s

houseplant enthusiast
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
White Lily
Ruby
White Tulip
hi! tysm for clicking! :blush: i'm planning to make a mini-icone19.gifplant mommini-icone19.gif character named fennel who just lives in a tent, but i didn't leave room in my town anywhere ;;

i plotted out my entire town on google sheets a few weeks ago, and use it to plan sections of my town, and since i want the new character's tent to be in the north for that good cedar tree action, i found that if i rearrange some stuff in the northwestern corner of my town, i can put her house in quite nicely! the only struggle is that i'd have to move both ruby and marshal's houses... ruby was a starter and marshal was from a seller on the forum, and i don't have their amiibo cards. i'm pretty sentimental over ruby (i do want to keep marshal, but if it's too much trouble i might substitute him for another smug), so i do want to put her back into my town.

here is a before picture (what it looks like right now), and here is an after picture (what i'm contemplating doing...). sorry they're links and not imbedded pictures- tbtf was salty at me just now :cool: at least this way you can flip back and forth between tabs to see how the setups differ across cells... for reference, houses are brown, pink is retail, paths are the white and dark purple cells (i have multiple path patterns), blue are clovers, orange are rocks, light purple are pwps, etc.

what do you guys think? should i let marshal and ruby leave and cycle through to get them back / buy or trade to get their amiibo cards for faster moving, or should i leave them aloooonnnee? any suggestions would be really helpful, because tbh this is the best placement for fennel's house i've looked at so far and i really don't know where else to put it :')

tldr!: should i let two villagers go bc of their house placements and have to go through some form of struggle to get them back, or should i leave them alone and build my poop elsewhere? :blush:

thank youu! :blush:

You know, I have the same problem. I grown attached to some of my villagers back when I first started and wasn't really caring about the layout or whatever. Then I got more serious about making a cool looking town and I had to rework a lot of things because of their godawful placement.

Now I'm in a predicament to where I have to decide whether or not I want to just have some of them move or keep them because they've been there so long. If it helps any, almost all the personalty types are the same. They just look different. There's nothing else really going for them other then that. Yeah another personality type won't be friends with you automatically, but eventually you won't be able to tell the difference when their friendship level is high enough.

I have so many peppies and I just wish some of them would move now...so that I can plot new villagers who I might like in decent areas. I have Marshall in my town to. I don't know if you can have your Marshall move and then get another. But if you can, hit me up when he decides to move.

I visited your dream town and I looked at your Google spreadsheet.

First - your town is beautiful!!! So peaceful at night. Very lovely!

Here are my thoughts:

- Having one villager move out is one thing, but Marshal AND Ruby?! That's too much.

I looked all over your town for other spaces. Here are some possibilities:

- to the right below the rocks below the campsite
- South of the river in the blue rose gardens

My favorite? Move out Butch and put Fennel to the left of your campsite.
When you have campers there will be two tents there. Very cute!

It's a shame that Marshal and Ruby are both back there. They're both too perfect and cute matching your theme to let them go!

Keep us posted in your planning. Wishing you the best!

I visited your dream town and I looked at your Google spreadsheet.

First - your town is beautiful!!! So peaceful at night. Very lovely!

Here are my thoughts:

- Having one villager move out is one thing, but Marshal AND Ruby?! That's too much.

I looked all over your town for other spaces. Here are some possibilities:

- to the right below the rocks below the campsite
- South of the river in the blue rose gardens

My favorite? Move out Butch and put Fennel to the left of your campsite.
When you have campers there will be two tents there. Very cute!

It's a shame that Marshal and Ruby are both back there. They're both too perfect and cute matching your theme to let them go!

Keep us posted in your planning. Wishing you the best!

ahh thank you so much for your help! (and for visiting my town- that was an extra step of kindness on your part to look over my map thoroughly :blush:) i'll definitely look at the spots you pointed out (i like your suggestion of below and to the left of the campsite) and keep you updated! :')

Honestly if it were me, I'd go with the villager cycling. I have my friends hold villagers for me when I need their spot. Although it is kind of tiring it's worth it if you really have a vision in your head that you want to stick to. Villagers can always be brought back !!! Might just take a little while longer.

thank you sosososo much to everyone who gave me suggestions! i decided to leave ruby and marshal alone and find somewhere else to build my poop! instead of using that northwestern corner (which i still really like rip), i found a nice spot north of town hall and south of the campground and plaza stone :blush: (if you're interested on where i plopped it, here is a picture!)

there's not quite as much space here as in the last location, and i have to get rid of my stonehenge, but ehh i'm getting close to the pwp cutoff limit anyway, and i don't want to go through the villager cycling struggle (bc i've already landscaped and finished a lot of my town, so i'd have to do a loT of plot resetting for villagers i'm not even going to keep)

thanks for your helpp!!! :blush:

Back