• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Snails and Bananas

Tiffany

🌜 from Lunasoleil 🌞
Bells
Switch
3772-7854-6594
Blue Christmas Stocking
Blue Train Engine
Sleek Train Car
Cute Train Car
Floral Train Car
Yellow Caboose
Crystal Tree
Lost Star Fragment 004.MB
Tockoid
Froggy Snowman
I have all the bugs and fish for the month except a snail(my game is in mid July). So I have to wait for rain to get one. When I look up snail online it says they are on bushes but are they still on flowers too? If they are only on bushes then I'll have to hit the island, is there a way to know if it's raining there without going first? Like if it's raining in town is it also raining on the island?

I am trying to get Bananas. My island doesn't have them. Do any of the mini games have palm trees? The ones I have played all have no trees on the beach. Would it be easier to just keep going to Tortimer Island and hope one has bananas instead of coconuts? Thanks :)

To my knowledge, it never rains on the island (or at least, during several years of playing, I've never seen it rain on an island) so you'd be better off asking someone with bushes in their town to let you visit during a rainfall, as for bananas sometimes if you pick like a beetle catcher tour or something like that you may get bananas as well as coconuts on the beach

I hope you manage to get both ^^

Snails can only be found on bushes in your town while it rains - not on your island

For bananas, try going to a diving-based tour, cicada/beetle-hunting tour, or a Shark/Tuna Fishing tour.

It can rain on the island actually. Try to go to the island around 6am-8am that's usually when I find that it's raining. It's really soothing on the island when it rains. There's no music playing...so all you hear is the pitter patter of the rain and an occasional seagull caw or the waves running in. It's really ambient and nice.

Got the bananas. I went to Tortimer Island and was lucky. In the past I've seen rain on the island and I know you can catch a snail there because there are hibiscus bushes and I caught a snail in my first town and I never had even 1 bush there so I had to have gotten it from the island. I also have read on several sites to go to the island around 8am for best chance at rain. I think I will buy some bushes from the island though to make it easier. Thanks again.

Yeah 8 am sounds about right...I think it starts to die down around 8. So your best chance would probably be 7. Hope it all works out for you!

Maybe you could post in the train station part of the forum and visit someone's town when it's raining. I did that once when one of my villagers wanted a snail.

TheDuke55-you were right about the rain. I set my town to 7:58am and it was raining in town and on the island. Got my snail and when I came back I caught a coelacanth to go with it. Thanks

I remembered it rained on the islands when I went there. But snails didnt appear.

I believe that you can only get them in June, not July, so that may be your problem
Also, it has to be between 4-8 am, so they're tricky to locate

Last edited:
Snails are from April to September(or August?) so time of year is right. In New Leaf they are specific to bushes. In previous games of course they were on flowers.

Snails are from April to September(or August?) so time of year is right. In New Leaf they are specific to bushes. In previous games they were on flowers.

Back