• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Where Do You Find Inspiration?

ashubii

Dream Weaver
Bells
White Pansy
Have you ever found inspiration for your town (or for a new town) entirely from a random image?

I was searching forest images and came across these two cute forest cottages. They just hit with me a bit of inspiration to keep working on a forest-themed town I've mostly given up on.

7e6af0d6de32dfcfe0d10687e5fc5438.jpg

74198f09f7649a66749ea58fa4b2062a--fairytale-cottage-orang.jpg

Do you ever get inspired by things like this? What images, or other forms of media inspire you?

These images are beautiful!!

I find inspiration in a lot of places. You never know where inspiration might find you!

When it comes to Animal Crossing towns I definitely get inspired by visiting other Dream towns.
I am not sure why but I rarely visited before - but now it's fun to see what other people do with their towns.

And looking at different qr paths can sometimes spark a whole idea for a town or style of house that would look nice with a particular path :blush:

I found a lot of inspiration on the internet and through visiting dreamtowns.

I guess this is may be more habit, but I like using Pinterest for references and ideas. Plus I'm into creating my own designs, so I like looking at real garden stepping stones for paths.

For starters, I want to move into one of those two cottages you posted! I won't even be choosy about which one. :)

Now that that's out of the way, I get most of my inspiration from they type of house I'd want to live in, if money and design was no object. I love cozy, eclectic, come-in-and-stay-a-while kind of rooms. I've tried to do that with my real house but I have a little more leeway in AC, so might as well make the most of it.

I get inspiration from looking at dream towns and also from looking up QR codes for paths on the internet. I'm not sure why but when I look at new paths it gets me all inspired on a new theme of some sort.

I kind of just imagine things that I want to do for my town or anything (even unrelated New Leaf stuff) and then Google references for different ideas/a shove in the right direction.

For example, I wanted to make a rundown/shabby bar...so I went or morbi? to see all the different items that could be potentially useful and then went from there.

I got inspiration to redesign my town from this image I saw online.
image.jpg
So pretty! So many clovers!

Hmm. I guess I really don't get inspiration from anything in particular. I do remember when the game first came out, my town looked really boring, and I was getting bored of playing it. Then I visited nintendo town and I was blown away. I got right to work planting bushes, trees, flowers, paths, etc.

Two of my houses, and my mayor's basement, are 100% inspired by the game Bioshock. But the rest of my mayor's house, and everything outdoors? I'm not really sure where my inspiration came from - most likely a mix of a bunch of dream towns I've visited, and my own imagination.

pinterest always gives me ideas !!! it's like wow !!! these people have such cute ideas it inspires me to make my own //

I sometimes get inspired by other towns I happen to see online and just work with what I got. If anything, the sunset in real life and in game really inspire me everyday to just keep playing and see what I can make with just my own imagination

I've tried to build a place that makes me want to be there.

i usually get inspiration from dream towns, from towns of friends, and from those random pinterest photos haha! i also sometimes visit some acnl tumblr blogs and get ideas from there! a lot of the time, i see random hhd screenshots but want to make a new leaf room like it!

I got inspiration to redesign my town from this image I saw online.
View attachment 205087
So pretty! So many clovers!

I think that's North! That's a beautiful town!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Super late response to my own thread (i went on vacation with no computer lol, oopps) but to everyone who's mentioned Pinterest - yes!! I love Pinterest for ideas, usually with designs *_*

I get inspiration from seeing pictures of other people's towns, or just visiting them! It's really great to see what people can do with this game and it makes me feel so determined! I also like to look through item catalogs for interior design inspiration, and I just build off from there.

Lately, I've taken to Tumblr to find inspiration, but I also get ideas from watching Dream Diaries on Youtube and Let's Plays, too. Right now, I'm watching MischaCrossing's LP.

Back