• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Art for buying things?

Moondyle

(●´∀`●)
Bells
Yellow Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Shooting Star
Green Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Hello, I was wondering if I were to buy things such as villagers or dlc in acnl, is it possible to pay for it with artwork commissions? And if it were possible, where would I post the thread? Into re-tail and villager trading plaza, or into the museum/museum shop? Thank you! :blush:

New question: If my friend and I were to open a collaborative shop where she sells sets and exclusive items and I sell art commissions, would that be put into re-tail or museum shop? Or is it just best to separate them? We'd really like to manage it together.

Last edited:
Villager Trading Plaza for villagers, Re-Tail for items.

And yes. Theoretically, I don't think there'd be a problem in offering art in return.

In my eyes, though, it would be more sensible to accept TBT for your art in the Museum Shop, and then use that TBT to buy what you want.

Yeah I recently saw an art shop doing just that, actually (doing commissions in exchanges for AC items/villagers):

this one !

Any art shops are supposed to go in the Museum shop section as far as I know (though I do recall seeing someone doing art for villagers in the trading plaza once). Like Bowie said it's more common for people to do art commissions for TBT bells and then use that to buy items but it's fine the way u described as well.

I've seen a couple threads in the Museum that offer art for items/villagers. My avatar was actually paid for with 6 wishlist items. The price has been raised to 10 but you get the picture.

Thank you! I was wondering since I wanted to offer a bust commission for Beau but was unsure if it acceptable. I could possibly sell my art for tbt but I'm very bad with shops and prices!

I love you avatar!!! Hahahaha perfection!

Also yes, you can trade art for in-game stuff, tbt, other art, or cash!

Back