Are you a saver or a spender?

The_Storyteller

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hi all,

So I love spending money in Animal Crossing, buying cute new dresses and shoes and umbrellas even though I literally never use them. I go to visit Timmy and Tommy every day even though my catalogue is worth over 16,000,000 Bells... but once I deposit into my savings account, it's doomed to practically stay there forever. Unless I'm feeling impatient with home loans and am too lazy to spend an hour at the island, I don't draw from my savings account.

Are you a spender or a saver?

Also, side question, what's your favourite way of making money? I enjoy collecting shells and fruit, and turnips. Not the most effective but eh.

I am a saver. I rarely ever draw from my account and when I do it has to be something I really want- no impuse buys! My favorite way to make money is to catch bugs at the island after 7pm.

Ironically in real life I'm a saver but in animal crossing I'm a spender. Lol I never have money because I'm always spending it.

i'm the same both irl and in game- i save like crazy until i'm so astronomically rich that people hate me (lol not really), and then cave and spend IT ALLLLLL

there's no end i'm absolutely awful- i'm always either really loaded or completely broke! this is worse f
or me irl, though because i! just! can't! manage! money! normally!

help

In AC I am a saver and coming to this forum I feel so broke having no "tbt" for trading ); my bells don't matter!

I wish I was good at saving irl, like I am in the game lol. I'm saving up for pwps and home renovations right now.

Both? I carry a limit of bells on me about 50k, and anything that goes over is deposited into my savings. My savings are now just used to get abd items.

I don't like spending too much in game just because my storage is a mess. Usually it's spent on landscaping, PWPs, cataloging, villager and friend gifts.

Money making is gained by fossils, bamboo shoots and ores. Turnips if I can remember to buy loads.

In animal crossing, I never have less than one million bells in the bank. I have all of my mayor's mortgages paid in full. I'm trying now to catalog everything in Nook's. And then I made two secondary characters and am paying their mortgages off. So I like to have money in the bank, but I also like to have financial goals I'm trying to accomplish.

I spend. I accidentally got too much bells from this forums and I'm spending them on my villagers' fake and real paintings just to see them happy.

Last edited:
In Tinytree, I spend as soon as I earn (which is erm similar to me irl? haha u_u). If I need to pay off a house loan, I'll go to the island and accumulate enough to pay it off and do it as soon as I get back. I don't really have any savings in that town lol. Each character has maybe less than 1 mil in the bank... but then again that town is also "complete" and I don't plan on doing many PWP replacing or house renovations anytime soon. In my second town I sold my old file so I have a ton.

I save now. I dont have much to spend on anymore, unless one of my villagers wants to sell something to me.

Oh but Im a terrible spender irl. Lol

As a new player I am a spender - trying to spend enough to unlock various shops and get all the PWP's I want. I do have a goal of 1 million bells which is what my savings account if for but that's not my focus right now :)

I usually spend because I need expansions, pwps, stuff from the forums, and a whole lot of random stuff at any given moment because as an initiative to keep myself interested in the game day-to-day I try to buy at least one thing from the shops each day, so the few bells I end up saving usually end up going towards one of those things

Last edited:
I guess I like to save in Animal Crossing because it's really easy? Even accounting for the currency conversion I will always have way more money in Animal Crossing than real life. I guess I enjoy spending because I'm not at liberty to spend carelessly in real life? Like spending 1,000,000 Bells on a crown isn't a big deal. But then I also enjoy having the money sitting in my account because it makes me feel rich? I don't know. I guess the fact that earning and spending money in Animal Crossing is super easy is part of the reason why I like it.

I'm definitely a spender on ACNL, and in real life. Though while in ACNL I spend on constructive things such as house upgrades, IRL I tend to blow my money on shiny things, ie new games (I've lost track of the backlog I've yet to play), figures/miniatures, AC amiibo cards...

While I've recently planted a fruit orchard on one area of my map, most of my bells come from fishing and bug hunting.

Initially, a spender to unlock all the shopping upgrades etc. Now that's done, I just deposit my millions unless I need to pay off a PWP.

I'm a saver, In animal crossing and also in real life, at the moment I have five milion bells in the bank, but my town isn't complete yet, I have to spend in future!

I spend a lot, but everytime I get to 100,000 bells I save them, so that I have a decent amount of bells in my account :3

I guess both. I've unlocked everything on Main Street and fully paid off my mortgage, so now I am working on completing my catalog (I'll purchase items and clothing, even if I don't like it and sell it right off), but I always make sure to put any extra money into my account each day. Once I make a deposit, I rarely, if ever, take money back out.

In real life, I'm more of a saver, but I will purchase something I really want, as long as I know my bills will be taken care of.

Back