• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

You would be good in the social work departments and anything like that. You talk so well! And you are always cheering people up!

rather than focusing on what you're good at, maybe you could start with what you're interested in. recently i've been constantly having to tell people this (friends and bf included) because I know a lot of people who feel like they're in the same position. and even then, some people are talented in things they aren't even interested in (and what good is being a wage slave, doing a job you're good at but could care less about?) don't be afraid to take a career assessment or something, because they can help by putting some ideas into your head.

You should find something you are interested in and try to stick with it then! Talent doesn't just come out of nowhere. It may take years and years of knowledge and practice.

I knew nothing about computers when I entered an IT major, but I was interested in learning more about them and the programming classes were surprisingly really fun.

Everyone is destined for something in life. Everyone will do some good in their life.

Never feel worthless.

I'm the exact same way. No talents and no interest in anything. It seems like everyone has an interest in doing something, but I feel nothing. There's no job that interests me in the slightest.

This post probably isn't helpful, but I just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.

a lot of people aren't good at anything, and that's ok
for me im good at school and drawing

its ok to be sad sometimes
you need bad days to have good days

*you are currently getting life advice from a pansear, how does that seem funny to you*

I'm alright at writing but not that great. I'm also kinda creative lol.
Anyhow, you may not have interests but maybe you could pursue a career in video game development? If you like video games, that could be a good place to start (programming).

yea im not really good at like anything except counting stuff & drawing lol

i can barely slice a tomato

But all joking aside i agree w/ what everones saying on focus on something you enjoy. Talent is more of a learned ability that is cultivated over time; while its true some people may have a natural knack on picking up or learning something, doesn't mean youre lesser if you dont! We all have different learning speeds and ways of learning! And if you invest a good prtion of your time in what it is you enjoy, youre bound to become good!
You also shouldnt compare yourself to others if youre just learning something. You can draw inspriation from others but you should focus on yourself-- working, improving, experimenting all for yourself.

Sadly though, finding motivation to work or getting past that frustrating beginning is a different story

Last edited:
I agree with everyone here about finding something you're interested in first - it doesn't even have to be a strong interest. A lot of times you become more interested and invested the more you learn about something, or the better you get at it. I think most people don't have all-consuming passions until they actually start doing it. Take playing the piano, for instance. How can you really be passionate about it until you've put some time and effort in? If you can, go with a bunch of things you like doing - you don't have to like it all the time even, just something that (at least at times) gives you joy

that was me for a while, you'll figure it out in due time. in my perspective, life is sorta like a huge line, and you follow it until you zoom out and realize that what you've been trying to find out has been there the whole time, but you never pieced it together.

very recently actually i discovered i wanted to be a video game story designer, or something along those lines. i'm pretty good at geometry and algebra, something you need to get a technology degree, and i'm good at talking with people to figure out a problem. i love video games, i love making stories, characters, and writing (i have won many writing contests), and lately i've been learning how to draw so perhaps i can draw character designs myself one day. i know i haven't been 100% educated on this job, i don't know if i have the qualifications, but it's a start. you'll find out what you want one day, trust me.

I have amazing potential. Even tho it is just a store job, I got my first job within one week, snapped out of being depressed, and grinded until I got a job, and I am pretty decent at what I do.

I know I am good at things, multiple things, but I am never the best or good enough IMO-- like I am just mediocre at everything and my efforts are kind of hidden.

I want to have multiple businesses-- even though it will be until I am pretty old until the attempts of these take place, I have a special spot in my heart for money and I really wish I could find what I am best at. Financial stability and not working a 9-5.

I also don't come off as the smartest either---- because of my ADHD but if you sit down and have a chit chat with me you'd **** yourself, but I always still feel extremely mediocre and I cannot help it. You aren't alone. I always feel like I am sort of there but just being swept off to the side.

don't beat yourself up if you really can't think of anything, it will only worsen your esteem. maybe pick something you're interested in like drawing or writing and try to be motivated. i'm sure you'll get good at whatever you want to do if you try hard enough

I will admit Im good at some things. But I never feel like I'm good enough or valid.

Back