• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

*New* 2DSXL Thread

I bought the Galaxy new 3DS XL about a year ago when my OG 3DS XL’s hinge was beginning to crack from over 1000 hours of playtime. I still really love the Galaxy design and new 3DS XL Design. The new 2DS design is ok but I prefer the look of the new 3DS XL. That and I’m also one of the few people who really likes playing games in 3D 99% of the time. I also find the graphics look more smooth and crisp in 3D.

Only thing that irks me is how Game Freak got lazy with Pok?mon Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon in having no 3D. Sure the 6th gen games had limited 3D but I really liked at least having 3D in battles. Oh well.

In general I find the 3D feature of the 3DS tends to be quite underrated it’s actually a great feature people just have a hard time adjusting to it. To each their own though do what you enjoy.
It seems to me that the 3ds would physically die if they added 3d due to how unoptimized battles are

I got the Black Friday New 3DS last year (and yes, I camped out all night until 6 am for that sucker in the freezing cold) but I'm most likely going to get the New 2DS ASAP after I move and can splurge on it. Whether that be Christmas, next year, I dunno. But I want it.

I LOVE the design of it and the bigger screen. I have poor vision (legally blind, to be exact) so the 3D feature on the 3DS has never worked well for me due to migraines.

I had an original pink 3ds that unfortunately got a cracked screen from a kid messing with it. Then my cat knocked over my new 3ds and it got a small scuff mark on the screen... since that design is basically a sandwich fold and if you drop your DS or whatever it's gonna hurt. Hence why I think I love the New 2DS clam shell. I would think it's more protective? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I wish it had more colors available but omg, when I saw the rather unpopular non-fold 2DS in a Black Friday sale catalog I couldn't believe my eyes. Nintendo y u do dis. I want like a white/pink folding 2DS, not that cinder block of gaming hardware.

I wish it had more colors available but omg, when I saw the rather unpopular non-fold 2DS in a Black Friday sale catalog I couldn't believe my eyes. Nintendo y u do dis. I want like a white/pink folding 2DS, not that cinder block of gaming hardware.

Yeah unless you manage to get that Pok?ball design or some Japanese LE they are kinda bland... how about like a brown or orange New 3ds. Or purple ones, need more of those, man. I have the Black x Turquoise one and it's kinda cool, although I've drowned it in TBT Fair stickers now. I dunno how sturdy the shell is actuall, but I do like the lid over the cartridge hole, mine always popped out when I kept them in bags and such so it's nice!

I have the Pokeball edition, and I hate the speakers' locations. It sounds so quiet when playing (even on full volume!). Oh well, can't be helped. I just hope once Pokemon is on Switch next year that the 3DS finally dies. It's had a long, good run. Let it die and quit making models. I will admit, however, that the New 2DS XL was a necessity.

I have the Pokeball edition, and I hate the speakers' locations. It sounds so quiet when playing (even on full volume!). Oh well, can't be helped. I just hope once Pokemon is on Switch next year that the 3DS finally dies. It's had a long, good run. Let it die and quit making models. I will admit, however, that the New 2DS XL was a necessity.

Nah I hope they will support 3ds/2ds etc. as long as they can. I mean they already have a real nice library and you can still play free online ;)

And yeah it was, tbh I'm glad the volume is not too loud because yeah everytime fishing on NL and having that dang sound in my ears I died lol.

Back