• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon Pokémon Gold & Silver on virtual console

YunaMoon

Iced Coffee Addict
Bells
Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
Hello! Ohmigosh who else is excited for these!? I know I have to get Silver because that game has my most cherished memories. It was my first of the main series games. Kinda wish they added Crystal but I can live with just these!

So let's share some of our favorite memories!

Mine was when my Eevee evolved into my all time favorite Umbreon, who still holds that record. He DESTROYED the elite four and everything else on his path!

I never evolved my Quilava because of his cuteness and he became my first level 100 as well.

My first ever starter was Chikorita. I plan to choose her again.

Oh yes, those games, particularly Silver made Umbreon my favorite Pok?mon. I wonder how playable they are in Japanese, might get it just cause if I have money by then.

Probs going with Cyndaquil, though.

Too bad I started with Fire Red, then I got Sapphire, and then I got Pearl, and now I have a retail copy of Red version. I just completely skipped over gen 2 xDDD

yeesss I can't wait, they're coming out so close to my birthday too so I know what I'm getting myself. Silver was my first Pok?mon game as well, it's definitely something close to my heart. I still have my cartridge but the battery that holds memory is long dead so my save is gone? so sad. QQ (my team is still saved on Pok?mon Stadium 2 though which is a little funny. Feraligatr lives on!)

I have a lot of memories of the game honestly but some of the best would be:

-Catching Lugia (navigating whirl islands was hard even in SS idk how little kid me did it back then lolol)

-getting my three best pkmn (Feraligatr, Lugia, and Pidgeot) to lvl 100

-headbutting tons of trees at the Lake of Rage because of that dude who says he saw a pink Butterfree :p you played me random dude.. I saw Bye Bye Butterfree man I was so ready to believe u?

-naming the rival "?????" because that's what his name shows up as when you first encounter him so when the cop asks what his name was I just answered honestly HAHA I didn't realize I was supposed to invent a name for him.. during the game I was just waiting for the point where his name would be revealed

I didn't plan on evolving my starter either cuz Totodile was so cute, but one time when he levelled up and I pressed B it just didn't work for some reason and I was like "EW" when I saw Croconaw omg I was so disappointed but I trucked on and Feraligatr didn't dazzle me either when I first saw it but it grew on me so much now just seeing a Feraligatr is enough to warm my soul

My two best memories from Pokemon Gold

• Naming the rival ??? - I mean, I was listening to the police officer, and the name I saw was ???, was it not?

• Catching my first shiny Pokemon - It was an abra, it had to be an abra! The best I had was a great ball, and I had to hold my breath so hard waiting for that click. Good thing I caught it, though!

I do not care so much for this. When I get the chance I am buying the physical copies with replaced batteries of eBay so I can finally relive them properly with that wonderful soundtrack especially. That said I agree that naming the rival "???" was correct because we were informed that was his name unequivocally. That and Quilava thawing himself against Pryce with Flame Wheel to win me the Glacier Badge. I loved the return of Team Rocket and them searching for Giovanni which was reminds me of the HGSS Celebi event that I had to go to Meadowhall in Sheffield to get (first ever Pokemon event) where he had been hiding out in Tohjo Falls listening to their Radio Broadcast and it became in-game canon that he was Silver's father (??? really). Going back to Kanto almost disappoints me because they have never done it in a game since, I don't care about limitations I want multiple regions in games. Having to update the PokeGear Radio with the PokeFlute tune to wake Snorlax and the Magnet Pass with the Copycat girl and the Power Plant part in the Cerulean Gym was all such a confusing nightmare it took so long to get through. So many years in the early 2000s trying to figure it out. That and the Ice Path. The first part of the Ice Path was my gaming Everest.

silver was my second pokemon game ever, and i was actually gonna pick it up again before i heard the news. i just remember how my lugia CLUTCHED the champion battle, literally avalanche flinched his last pokemon dragonite and i was able to take the victory. all my other pokemon were fainted, lugia had little to no health left, in the red zone, and drag was full health. amazing.

silver was my second pokemon game ever, and i was actually gonna pick it up again before i heard the news. i just remember how my lugia CLUTCHED the champion battle, literally avalanche flinched his last pokemon dragonite and i was able to take the victory. all my other pokemon were fainted, lugia had little to no health left, in the red zone, and drag was full health. amazing.

What world are you living in friend? Pokemon Silver is a Generation II Pokemon game and the move Avalanche wasn't introduced until as a TM in Generation IV. Are we talking about a different move or were you playing Pokemon SoulSilver?

so stoked about them releasing gold & silver on 3ds. i absolutely adore the gen 2 games - the colors, the sprites, the gym leaders, the pokemon (espeon ahsjwiskcne << 33) and especially the soundtrack. i remember playing through crystal and having my breath taken away by the whole experience and ahhh talking about it reminds me of how fantastic it was and hhh
i don't really know if i have a favorite memory, but i really do miss my team of pokemon ha i loved them all dearly

Back