• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Grass regrowth trick still works! :)

Aeikurin

Pink n' black~
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
For those still wondering, (I'm not sure how many people still do this) but today I did the TT grass regrowth trick I found last year online and I can confirm it still works! I know some people were wondering whether the amiibo update changed anything, but it doesn't look like anything changed. :)

For those who don't know: all you do is change your DS time to EXACTLY one month ahead, close settings, open Animal crossing and go through Isabelle's dialogue, and then immediately save and quit, change your DS time back, and voila! All your grass should be back :D The only side effects you get are extra flowers, weeds, clovers, bedhead and you have to run around and find someone who wants to move because there will be one. Other effects: MEOW initiatives change, you may get new dig spots for fossils, and any trees planted will be fully grown. Bulletin board will have extra messages.

TAKE NOTE: if you don't want to lose a villager, only try this on days someone wants to move out! Just tell them no and immediately go change your DS time setting.

Hope this helped somewhat! Lol it was nerve wrecking for me today because I kept thinking, 'Am I gonna lose someone? AHHH' xD

Last edited:
That is a brilliant idea! I've never thought of doing that. I HATE it when my grass dies and it happens too quickly. Gosh, I hope someone requests to move today because I am SO DOING THIS!

Thank you :) Also I like the idea of multiplying flowers and clovers... that's helpful. Very helpful.

That is a brilliant idea! I've never thought of doing that. I HATE it when my grass dies and it happens too quickly. Gosh, I hope someone requests to move today because I am SO DOING THIS!

Thank you :) Also I like the idea of multiplying flowers and clovers... that's helpful. Very helpful.

Hahaha this is a godsend for me because I like my grass and this is tbh the only time I ever TT xD

Also, I forgot to mention that there may be multiple fossils! Also noted that your MEOW initiatives change and if you had any trees just planted/growing, they will be fully grown (obviously) and your bulletin board will have old messages from the month ahead (I just went through and deleted them)

If I think of anything else, I'll add it!

P.S. You're welcome! ^_^

Last edited:
I have multiple towns and I at least like to keep one in real time but this sounds amazing. lol

I TT all of the time in my other one :/ If I get bored or I'm impatient with a PWP :D lol Also, I hate waiting for trees to grow so that sounds like a plus to me!

Thanks!

It might be better if you do it one month behind, but I'm not sure if it would still work that way

Thank god! ive been hoping its the same way as always, but im a bit scared to TT :)

I doubt that going one month back would work. TTing any amount of time backwards only counts as one in game day forward.

I've been TT'g almost every day since I've been gone from here
I accomplished SO much!

Including regrowing all my grass. My town was completely bald from only 5 months of playing.

This is so helpful! Thank you for posting this! I'll have to do this soon when the next villager asks to move out. I have so many random bald spots in my town and it bugs me.

Super helpful! Mad props for fiding this info out! You can bet I'll be doing this one when I need to!

Does this work if you change your time via isabelle as well or only through the 3ds system?

I'm not sure! : O I've never tried it through Isabelle, only through my 3DS settings. I don't think it makes a difference, since it's just the time either way but can't say for sure..

If someone does try it, hopefully it works too!

hi! i was the one who asked about this trick in relation to the update a couple weeks ago! i tried it, and it works! i changed my time with isabelle, so both 3ds settings and isabelle for tt works! here is the guide i used: x

special note that tt-ing forward works better than tt-ing backward (less chance of villager moving)

good luck on your grass regrowth journeys!!

Super helpful! Mad props for fiding this info out! You can bet I'll be doing this one when I need to!

You're welcome! I'm so glad this exists hahaha having grass back makes the game so much nicer looking :D

Also, completely random but your sig is so cute xD Antonio is such a cutie!

Yay! It worked and I'm so happy! Many thanks to Aeikurin and all who confirmed this. I waited until a villager pinged to move, denied his move and then followed the easy steps. I did do the time reset on my DS and not with Isabelle. Also went forward in time a month as suggested here even though some folks elsewhere warned against it.

The grass looks fantastic! And...NOW I can finally get my flowers organized and arranged the way I really want them, which means getting rid of SO many that I was using to try to grow the grass. No more obsessing about watering!

Oh, dear, there is some bad news, at least for me. I might be hooked on time traveling this way. :( My bushes that I planted earlier were grown and blooming, my house upgrades had happened on basically the same day, another fertilizer and new plant starts in Nooks, all different house exterior choices, etc. I totally see now why people do it! Probably a new RV in the campground, too, amiright?

There were quite a few dandelions along with the extra flowers mentioned by the OP, which I thought was amusing.

All in all, I'm really happy I got past the nervousness and did it! Thanks, everyone!

Last edited:
PS I got to take both my extra characters to Dr. Shrunk twice that day. Also, all three characters got their end of the month interest on their bells in the bank. Hee hee!

Oooh, thank you for this!! This is very helpful, my town was in orrible condition!
Now is much better, my grass in totally regrowth! There are some extra flowers, but it's fine, I need them!
The only thing is that my hair are a mess and I can't fiw them today, ahah, but it works greately! :D

I did it and still have some brown patches....does it not 100% restore the grass?

Back