• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bug's Art Gallery 💫

First drawing of 2019: Arcanum

Boy it's been a while since I've been here...

ANYWAYS I'm back with a new drawing! This time it's art of one of my original characters, Arcanum. This is a creature that I created back in July 2015, and I really enjoy drawing this one in different poses because of its simple design.

HNI-0025.jpg

This also marks the first time I've drawn this character in Colors 3D! All the other drawings I've made were done either in Flipnote Studio 3D or on paper. Every time I draw something in Colors I really grow to appreciate the functionality and diversity in the app. I really like drawing with it, and I'll probably be doing some more drawings here soon!

I know this isn't, like, a HUGE improvement, but it shows how my study of this creature's anatomy has helped me in drawing his posture and proportions correctly. Plus it's just interesting to see how much better of a drawing medium Colors 3D is than Flipnote Studio 3D.

before-n-after.png

- - - Post Merge - - -

Post glitch fix?

Here’s a bump for your thread due to the post glitch.

Your art looks great by the way! :)

wow are you doing this on a 3ds? thats amazing! ive never even been able to draw a straight line on it, let alone something as polished as this.

Arcanum looks like such a cool character, it's no wonder it's pleasant to draw too! Your art is generally nice to look at. :)

Arcanum looks like such a cool character, it's no wonder it's pleasant to draw too! Your art is generally nice to look at. :)

Thanks!!
I'm working on another drawing atm (it's a drawing of my shiny Zoroark, Amethyst) and I'll be uploading that sometime today or tomorrow :D

Okay so I've started this drawing today and this is what I have of it so far:

HNI-0027.jpg

This is Amethyst, my shiny Zoroark from my Omega Ruby game (also this is my first time drawing Zoroark so whoopeee). I haven't gotten around to shading it yet because I want to try some kind of color study with it. I'm not even sure where to start. Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Last edited:
So as some of you may know, the Chilly Jamboree gardening event just ended on AC: Pocket Camp. It sucks that I didn't learn about this until so late in the event, but I found out about the beautiful purple wedding kimono and butterfly hairpiece, so I worked really hard (and even spend my precious leaf tickets) to get both items about two hours before the event ended.
Now it's one of my favorite outfits in the whole game. My player, Daniel, is a guy (obviously) but I put the wedding kimono and butterfly hairpiece on him and he looks absolutely adorable! Because of this, I decided to draw him in this outfit!

HNI-0028.jpg

For this drawing I decided to fill in the background with the Sakura Easter Egg design, since I felt it would work nicely (which it did imo). I really like how it turned out, especially the kimono. I had to look at a lot of references of my player to get the design down correctly, but I think it looks wonderful! This is definitely one of my favorite drawings I've done in a long time! :D

So as some of you may know, the Chilly Jamboree gardening event just ended on AC: Pocket Camp. It sucks that I didn't learn about this until so late in the event, but I found out about the beautiful purple wedding kimono and butterfly hairpiece, so I worked really hard (and even spend my precious leaf tickets) to get both items about two hours before the event ended.
Now it's one of my favorite outfits in the whole game. My player, Daniel, is a guy (obviously) but I put the wedding kimono and butterfly hairpiece on him and he looks absolutely adorable! Because of this, I decided to draw him in this outfit!

HNI-0028.jpg

For this drawing I decided to fill in the background with the Sakura Easter Egg design, since I felt it would work nicely (which it did imo). I really like how it turned out, especially the kimono. I had to look at a lot of references of my player to get the design down correctly, but I think it looks wonderful! This is definitely one of my favorite drawings I've done in a long time! :D

The details on the kimono are absolutely stunning, you're such a good artist! :eek:

I'm back with more drawings yall :lemon:
[CAUTION: FURRY WARNING!! Lmao]

First is a character that I created waayyyyy back in February 2012, Shy. She's one of my OG Flipnote Studio characters, and she was always one of my favorites. I've never been able to settle on one design for her; I've cycled through about 4 different ones, but I think I like this one the most :)

FB-IMG-1558579350551.jpg

The other one is an even older character, one I created in October 2011, Laurie. On Flipnote Hatena there were a lot of drawings of Sonic fanart and fanmade characters, and the design really appealed to me, so I made my own. Again, this character has gone through a lot of designs, but I absolutely love this drawing so I'm sticking with it :D

FB-IMG-1557890452768.jpg

I meant to upload this a while back, but this is the avatar that I made for Alolan_Apples. I allowed him to make a few changes to it, such as making the background darker, adding flickering effects to the twinkles, and adding the glowing effect on the snowflake glow-wand. But this here is the original picture, and I'm really happy with how it turned out :lemon:

61474703-1890651174370075-4514822883721084928-n.jpg

I meant to upload this a while back, but this is the avatar that I made for Alolan_Apples. I allowed him to make a few changes to it, such as making the background darker, adding flickering effects to the twinkles, and adding the glowing effect on the snowflake glow-wand. But this here is the original picture, and I'm really happy with how it turned out :lemon:

61474703-1890651174370075-4514822883721084928-n.jpg

Love this picture so sweet :)

Christmas Pokemon Time! New commission~

Heck it's been a while since I've made any new art. Though that's because I've been getting my butt kicked by school for the last three months, finally out for the semester so I have time to do art again!

This time around, I present another avatar commission for Alolan_Apples, and this time it's a Christmas themed Pokemon avatar! He wanted a Hoppip and Oddish decorating a tree with lights or tinsel (I chose lights) and pokeballs, while two other Ice-type pokes watch, and for this I chose Cubchoo and Snorunt. This was fun to make, especially since this is the first full drawing I've made in a while, and it's the first time I've drawn all four of these Pokemon. The tree was also fun to decorate!

I really like the way this turned out, and I'm happy that it's yet another successful commission for my Apple friend :blush:

EL8c-GVw-VAAAY-Di.jpg

Heck it's been a while since I've made any new art. Though that's because I've been getting my butt kicked by school for the last three months, finally out for the semester so I have time to do art again!

This time around, I present another avatar commission for Alolan_Apples, and this time it's a Christmas themed Pokemon avatar! He wanted a Hoppip and Oddish decorating a tree with lights or tinsel (I chose lights) and pokeballs, while two other Ice-type pokes watch, and for this I chose Cubchoo and Snorunt. This was fun to make, especially since this is the first full drawing I've made in a while, and it's the first time I've drawn all four of these Pokemon. The tree was also fun to decorate!

I really like the way this turned out, and I'm happy that it's yet another successful commission for my Apple friend :blush:

EL8c-GVw-VAAAY-Di.jpg

Such a cute scene! I especially like the Cubchoo with that scarf.

Gold Chompy

I know this is an older one, I finished it on June 26th 2017 so about two and a half years ago, but I still love it. This is a character which I created way back in July 2012, and he's the main antagonist for the Super Mario fanfic I was working on in Middle School. If anyone is interested in reading more about him you can check our his toyhou.se page :>

This was one of my few attempts to draw a picture without outlines, and even now I think it turned out really well. This is also the first full drawing I made on Colors 3D.

gold_chomp_king_by_xsupermario64x_dbe56yh-fullview.jpg

Rainbow Danny

I wanted to take a short break from drawing commissions and work on something I've been wanting to try for a long time: a rainbow-outlined drawing of Daniel, the greatest mayor to ever live! (Might be a bit biased but he truly is my favorite)
I did this by creating a big rainbow background, painting the next later up white, and carefully drawing out my player and etching him into the white layer. It was kinda complicated since I use gestural drawings to draw figures, and I've never tried this before, but I like how this turned out!

ENp-G63u-VUAI-y-DW.jpg

I made this my avatar for the time being. I love seeing my lovely boi dressed in such wonderful colors :>

Back