• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Bug's Art Gallery 💫

I really loved how you shaded those Chompies!

Also you haven't played Mario Odyssey? Honestly, same.

I really loved how you shaded those Chompies!

Also you haven't played Mario Odyssey? Honestly, same.

Aww thanks! I like how it turned out too ^^

And no, I haven't played it yet. I have the game but I don't have the console to play it on T_T

Aww thanks! I like how it turned out too ^^

And no, I haven't played it yet. I have the game but I don't have the console to play it on T_T

lol why do you have the game but not the console?

also i love your art! ididnt know you could draw! XD

Decided to upload my newest piece, my half of an art trade I did with lunatepic:
snip
a) I just wanted to say that I stILL LOVE THIS TO DEATH AND BACK it's been months and I still can't get over the cuteness of her panda hat o h m y g o s h

After a 2-month hiatus from drawing.... I think I'm starting to ease back into it! And what better way to get back into drawing than drawing my favorite video game baddie? :rolleyes:
snip
b) chain chomps are simultaneously very terrifying and very cute and I love them lmao :,)) the red one in the back just looks so angry and adorable and the other one's mario hat and mustache are a+++
I don't think you should compare yourself to other artists! your style is cute and bright and expressive and honestly you should just draw what you like, for the fun of it

lol why do you have the game but not the console?

also i love your art! ididnt know you could draw! XD

I think partly because I wanted to be sure I had the game when I got the console, but I think I also just really wanted the security of knowing I had the game.
And yes!! I've been drawing since I was in 4th-5th grade so I've got quite a bit of experience! Glad you like it :D

a) I just wanted to say that I stILL LOVE THIS TO DEATH AND BACK it's been months and I still can't get over the cuteness of her panda hat o h m y g o s h
Omgg that's so great x'''D

b) chain chomps are simultaneously very terrifying and very cute and I love them lmao :,)) the red one in the back just looks so angry and adorable and the other one's mario hat and mustache are a+++
I know right? I really like how I colored this one... plus comparing it to my older drawings I really really like it :)

One of my friends just got the game yesterday and she took a picture of a chompy for me and I was so happy :,)

I don't think you should compare yourself to other artists! your style is cute and bright and expressive and honestly you should just draw what you like, for the fun of it
Yeah I like the flat coloring style, gradients (for me) are really hard to do on Colors 3D so this'll do. Thanks for constructive criticism :D

Last edited:
Just a quick drawing I did in my drawing book.

20180119_202623.jpg

I feel like it's a bit rushed but oh well, I wast trying to do anything elaborate. I just wanted to do a simple drawing.

Did you use colored pencil? :eek: If so, what kind do you use? :D

I did use colored pencil! I'm not sure what brand they are though... I got them in a pack of 72 and I put them all in a metal container to organize them better.
They're not really that good though, I'm thinking about getting a better set sometime soon.

/.\ These are so cute! I honestly love the colors ^o^ They are so cute! Plus the line work c: Really cute xD

/.\ These are so cute! I honestly love the colors ^o^ They are so cute! Plus the line work c: Really cute xD

Ahh tysm!! I think I'm gonna do a drawing like this every day, it'll help me get back into drawing more. I appreciate the compliments :D

Here's one I did about half an hour ago:
Wolfsel.jpg
I haven't drawn my Wolfsel since... February of last year?? So I figured it'd be nice to draw him again. After all, he is one of my favorite OCs ^o^

You can check out this character on my toyhou.se if you'd like :)

I know this drawing isn't really good and the picture quality sucks but I felt obligated to show these two drawings I made to all yall:
toucat.jpgArcanum.jpg
I haven't drawn much recently, and I figured since it's been a while my drawing skills prob deteriorated or something, but these drawings actually look p good to me and I really like them (even though the toucat was just kinda thrown together on FS3DS lol). Also, I know the drawing of Arcanum is unfinished but I was using it mostly as a practice since I used to suck at drawing this character. This'll be a good ref for me to do future drawings ^^

So yeah, enjoy two of my awesome OCs :D

Finished another drawing of my Toucat a few weeks ago:

7739574_FMK6cMPjntJ2Tm2.jpg

Idk if anyone even checks on here but I figured anyone passing by would enjoy this. It's my favorite drawing I've made so far this year ^^

Last edited:
OH MY GOD a toucan cat... you're an absolute genius. what a good shiny rainbow cat birb

I definitely relate to not drawing for a while and feeling like my skills have deteriorated lmao.. sometimes I don't draw for like a week and then forget how to use sai hdhshsh

OH MY GOD a toucan cat... you're an absolute genius. what a good shiny rainbow cat birb

I definitely relate to not drawing for a while and feeling like my skills have deteriorated lmao.. sometimes I don't draw for like a week and then forget how to use sai hdhshsh

Thanks, he's one of my favorites ;w; shiny rainbow cat birb omg I'm dead

And yeah I've been going in and out of drawing for the last few weeks, hoping to really get back into it since I don't have much else to do this Summer ^^"

Last edited:
Your art style is so cute!

sidenote; what app did you use to draw these on + any tips on what not to do for beginners (like me oof)

Your art style is so cute!

sidenote; what app did you use to draw these on + any tips on what not to do for beginners (like me oof)

Eyy thanks!! ^^

I draw all my digital pictures on Colors 3D on my 3DS (get it for like $7 on the eshop, totally worth it).
And as for what not to do... well I can say what you can do to improve your style is to try to study other people's drawings, or try to draw them yourself and compare the two to see what you need to improve on (just don't draw someone else's thing and claim it as your own). I did that a lot when I was younger and that's how I improved my own style ^o^

Did a little drawing of Espunimbus on Flipnote 3D.

20180710_081321.jpg

Its weird cause I've been trying to draw this character on paper and I just can't do it, but it was really easy on here. I think I'm losing my touch for traditional drawing :(

But ANYWAYS I really like this drawing so I'm sharing it here ^o^

Back