Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Sweet Feather
Glam Feather
Heart Glow Wand
Pink Feather
Purple Feather
⭐ Welcome to xSuperMario64x's Art Gallery! ⭐

Since I don't prefer to share art on other social media platforms besides Instagram, I have designated this thread my official art thread! You will find a ton of art here, beginning with a piece published in late July of 2017!

I'm mostly keeping track of this thread so that I can see the progress that I'm making. I'm very pleased with my progress here; I've come a long way from doing simple, un-shaded drawings in Colors 3D only a few years ago.

My drawings mainly consist of art of my own original/fan characters, but I occasionally will do art trades and commissions for people. I also like drawing Super Mario and Animal Crossing fan art. Someday I would like to become a freelance artist, or maybe even an illustrator for children's books (or my own stories)! :)

Click here to check out my Instagram page (and be sure to follow me)!

Programs/Devices used:
Flipnote Studio/3D (DSi/3DS)
Colors 3D (3DS)
Medibang (Lenovo TAB2 A10-70F)
Clip Studio Paint Pro (Wacom Intuos Tablet, currently using)

With all of that being said, I hope you enjoy my art!~

Last edited:
For my first self-critique, I just recently finished this drawing of one of my ACNL headcanon players, Amelia!
ZpaZST6.jpg

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. The waist line is a bit high. I mean, this isn't a really big issue, but I feel like her shirt should down just a bit further...

2. The shoes. Something about her shoes seems a bit off... I don't know, shoes aren't really my forte since most drawings of people I've done in the last 4-5 years have been from the knees up. Definitely something I can improve on.

3. The poodle on the skirt should be down near the end of the skirt. Again, this probably doesn't matter too much, but I'm really nitpicky. But I could probably go back in and fix it so it's really no biggie.

4. I like the way the hair turned out. Or better yet, I like the way the figure as a whole turned out. I wasn't trying at all to make this a realistic drawing. Most drawings I do are in a cartoon style, and I personally really like the way I draw cartoon characters.

5. I feel like I got the pose down pretty good. Amelia is a pretty reserved character, and her pose/expression in this drawing really shows that.

Any more comments? I'm all ears!

Last edited:
Hi!!! I'm not the best at art critique but I'll comment on what you posted about it!

1. Agreed. But not much. That's just about the style you were aiming for I think!

2. I think the shoes would be better if the socks weren't folded over. Either try to make them a little bit higher or change it to tights or something?

3 + 4: omg I love the hair! And the pose! Those plus the choices of color are my favorite!!! Love the outfit and style you were going for. The poodle on the skirt is just BEAUTIFUL

Again, not an expert. I love your work so I'll be checking on this a lot.

Hi!!! I'm not the best at art critique but I'll comment on what you posted about it!

1. Agreed. But not much. That's just about the style you were aiming for I think!

2. I think the shoes would be better if the socks weren't folded over. Either try to make them a little bit higher or change it to tights or something?

3 + 4: omg I love the hair! And the pose! Those plus the choices of color are my favorite!!! Love the outfit and style you were going for. The poodle on the skirt is just BEAUTIFUL

Again, not an expert. I love your work so I'll be checking on this a lot.

Well thanks! I'll probably be drawing this OC more in the future, so I'll have some opportunities to change things and make them the way I really want them. ^_^

For my second drawing, I've decided to show off a recent commission I did for Zaari!
CtPj68t.jpg

Omg I love this OC so much #_#

My thoughts...

1. I thought I did pretty good on the hair. I used the brush tool I don't get to use very often to create a shining effect on the hair. I don't do this kind of effect very often, but I do like how it turned out this time.

2. I may have rushed the shading a bit. The face and mask is shaded but the rest of the picture is pretty flat. I haven't yet mastered the art of shading a shirt with multiple different colors on it in Colors 3D. The shading that is done looks pretty good, though.

3. The form looks good. I'm not one to do really detailed humanoid characters, but I feel the form combined with my cartoon drawing style turned out good. The only criticisms I have are the way I did the hands and the eyes. The hands are kinda poorly drawn, and the eyes don't really stay true to the original drawing in terms of style. I do like the shading in the eyes, though.

4. I love the colors! Like, these colors are just so visually appealing to me. I tend to like bright colors anyways, and the fuchsia-colored hair really stands out to me. I love it!

5. The background. I like the semi-messy look of the background. It brings out the more formal detail in the drawing itself.

Any more thoughts?

Click here for some more fabulous fanart of this character!

Last edited:
I really should make a thread like this one xD

Also, for Amelia I think the socks would look better if the line was thinner, it's too thick a bit so it looks like it's part of the shoes or something, but otherwise it's really nice ^-^ The waist being higher could be considered a style.

I really should make a thread like this one xD

Also, for Amelia I think the socks would look better if the line was thinner, it's too thick a bit so it looks like it's part of the shoes or something, but otherwise it's really nice ^-^ The waist being higher could be considered a style.

You should! It gives people an opportunity to critique your work and give you good input!

Also, I agree. I tend to use thick lines a lot when I draw just because It sort of rids the drawing of a "sloppy" look. It takes me longer to make a thin line good than a thick one. But again, I'll probably draw her again some time in the future, and when I do so I can fix little things like this. ^o^

You should! It gives people an opportunity to critique your work and give you good input!

Also, I agree. I tend to use thick lines a lot when I draw just because It sort of rids the drawing of a "sloppy" look. It takes me longer to make a thin line good than a thick one. But again, I'll probably draw her again some time in the future, and when I do so I can fix little things like this. ^o^
Yeah!

I have problems drawing hands, so I just made weird cartoon hands instead, and am even having trouble with those! D:

I have problems drawing hands, so I just made weird cartoon hands instead, and am even having trouble with those! D:

Same omg

My problem is I don't rly have to patience to draw hands... good, I guess? I usually just draw lil blobs for hands like the people in Animal Crossing. Who needs fingers, anyways? xDD

Same omg

My problem is I don't rly have to patience to draw hands... good, I guess? I usually just draw lil blobs for hands like the people in Animal Crossing. Who needs fingers, anyways? xDD
OMG x'D I'm the exact same way!

Except now I add thumbs to the blobs, LOL

Draco

Time for a new art piece! This time I have a commission I just finished for amye.miller of her new OC, Draco!
ZNR1fgy.jpg

My thoughts...

1. The eyes are a bit big. This seems to stand out to me the most, because the surrounding colors are light and mute, but his eyes are bold and red. If I had made the eyes just a bit smaller, it would look better in my opinion.

2. I love the form. As I had mentioned in my art shop, this is one of the first time I've done a (almost) full-body art of a humanoid character with detailed characteristics (head, hands, proportions, etc.), and though I did struggle a bit, I think this aspect turned out very well.

3. The wings were a bit difficult. The original artist's style of coloring the wings was hard to recreate in my flat art style, though I like how the colors of the wings go along with his natural colors.

4. Those hands. Boy do they look fabulous. They may not look like much, but I don't normally draw hands with individual fingers. Again, this took a bit of work, but I'm actually really glad with how they turned out!

5. I like the gradients. This is a small part of it, but I like the gradients on the end of his tail and on the wings. It's very even. which can sometimes be hard to capture in Colors 3D.

Any more comments?

I think the eyes are kawaii, it looks more chibi-ish even without being overly cutesy :3

Last edited:
Altaria

Another commission I recently finished, a drawing of Altaria for EvieEvening23!
7gy2pvJ.jpg

My thoughts...

1. I love the clouds in the background. I used a reference given to me by the requester, and it had clouds on it. THis was my first time drawing natural-looking clouds in Colors 3D and I think they look really good!

2. Altaria looks okay. I like the form, but I think that the style of his wings heavily contrasts the clouds in the background. Idk that might just be me being nitpicky. I also think his expression is kinda weird...

3. The drawing might be missing something. Altaria has a lively expression, so I felt the need to add a few things in there, like the music notes and the name. Maybe I could've put more clouds there?

That's all I can think of for now. Any more comments?

Scarlett

I decided to spend about 3 hours doing this last night.
y4iqJgm.jpg

Ik it takes me 3 hours to do something so simple RIP

My thoughts...

1. I really like the form. I looked up base references online (idk if that's frowned upon but I suck at posing characters in drawings so I had to) and I like how this one looks. Also, the actual details were done myself so that's a bonus (you wouldn't believe how long it took me to make that ruff around her neck, holy crap it was worth it tho).

2. Still working on details... As you might know, I'm not that good at drawing people. When I do draw people they're usually chibi or cartoon style, not like realistically-proportioned. While I have most of the form down when it comes to shading, there are some minor details I need to work out, likely just by studying the anatomy of people more.

3. The shading isn't top tier, but it looks okay. I tried my hand at shading, something I don't do very often in Colors 3D. Again, I'm still working out some kinks when it comes to anatomy, so the shading might be a bit off.

Any more comments?

oooh this looks nice, that tail looks nice and fluffy haha. I like how it's kind of from a back/side perspective, v creative (I really need to start practicing drawing from different perspectives rippp)
and using base references definitely isn't bad - it's a way of learning! as long as you don't claim it as 100% your own there's absolutely nothing wrong with it :>

Last edited:
oooh this look nice, that tail looks nice and fluffy haha. I like how it's kind of from a back/side perspective, v creative (I really need to start practicing drawing from different perspectives rippp)
and using base references definitely isn't bad - it's a way of learning! as long as you don't claim it as 100% your own there's absolutely nothing wrong with it :>

Well thanks for the compliment! I rly do try lol ^o^
And btw I still wouldn't mind doing an art trade with you :)

Sapphire and Angry Birb

Decided to upload my newest piece, my half of an art trade I did with lunatepic:
SDXUFwm.jpg

Some of my thoughts...

1. The quality of this picture looks a bit choppy. This is just because I uploaded the picture straight from my SD card instead of uploading to FB and then saving it on my computer (or maybe it's because I have TBT zoomed in on my laptop to make everything bigger). Trying to figure out how to fix that edginess.

2. I like the shading in this picture. I decided to go with a flat style of shading for this piece, and I like how it turned out. I also like the colored outlining, instead of using black for everything.

3. The pose. Recently, I've been using a gestural drawing to start these pictures, and I think the use of one in this drawing made the pose of Sapphire look well-proportioned and overall realistic.

4. Those hands! I'm usually really bad at drawing hands, but I like these hands. Maybe this is a step in the right direction.

5. The overall style. I like cartoon style of the drawing, and the softness and movement of the characters too. Especially the hair, it looks like it's flowing. And that lil birb is so mad it's cute ;w;

Any more comments?

SMO Chompys

After a 2-month hiatus from drawing.... I think I'm starting to ease back into it! And what better way to get back into drawing than drawing my favorite video game baddie? :rolleyes:

fhxOsL1.jpg

I realized not long ago that drawing people is not my specialty. There are so many talented artists out there, especially on this forum, that can draw people really well! But I'm not one of them.
Therefore, I think I'll stick more to drawing animals and the like. I'm much more pleased with the way I draw animals, though I think it would be a good idea to work on drawing people. Maybe that's something I can work on over this coming Summer.

ANYWAYS, as you can see here, I decided to draw Chain Chomps! Specifically, chompys from Super Mario Odyssey. That game is pretty much my life now and I haven't even played it yet :,) I really like how this drawing turned out, especially the texture contrast between the objects of the picture and the background. I also think I did pretty well on the shading; this was pretty much the style I was aiming for so that's good. I think I can do some more work on drawing backgrounds though. I haven't practiced drawing backgrounds much (as some of you have seen that about 98% of my drawings are finished on a blank background). Another good thing for me to work on over the Summer!

So yeah... hope yall like chompys as much as I do :3

Back