• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Unsatisfied response?

Pansear-and-Nana

✣✾Stupid Monkey✾✣
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Rose
So after i decorated Bud's house, his response was mad but the game acted like it was a success? So far, he's the only one with THAT response after doing the theme for their house.
I got all his valued items from his list but i moved them outside and replaced the interior with cabana stuff(I dont like it when the houses are used for shops okay? So i always put a bedroom. Where are they going to sleep???) His items are actually outdoor items.
I talked to him inside.

I heard that your clients will give the same pleased responses no matter what items you put as long as you put their valued items there as well but apparently if you put them outside or inside than inteded, they get mad?

Has this happened to anyone else before?

do you happen to have screenshots/pictures of his text or what he said to dictate a unhappy result?

Nope but i remembered he said "Ugh, I can't believe I live in here!" Or something like that.

Nope but i remembered he said "Ugh, I can't believe I live in here!" Or something like that.

I'd say that was just taken out of context. No matter how bad a job you do on any villager's house, they'll always be satisfied with whatever you did. You could put nothing except a cardboard box in a villager's house, and they will have an AMAZING time. :p

Well he looked really angry while saying that. Now I feel bad for Bud, bc I like him honestly.

That's weird. I've never had an unsatisfied response before, but I kinda wish I did. There are a couple villagers where I just unbox their valued item and finish the day because I want to cycle through and get all the items. It would be nice if there was a stricter guideline (not as ridiculous as HHA) because I feel like Nintendo really dumbed down the series, at least for ACNL and HHD.

I think I had this other villager who had an unsatisfied response but they were sad this time. They said something about having a new thing, but they wonder where are the old things. It was a lazy villager. I forgot the name.

I've gotten a response like that before- it was something like "I can't believe I get to live here! YOU RAWK!!!!" I think he was just so happy that he got really fired up :D

Oh yeah. I do remember that bud is a jock, and he's one of the fewest jocks i chose from the villager pool.

Oh yeah. I do remember that bud is a jock, and he's one of the fewest jocks i chose from the villager pool.

Who knows, it's probably just a jock-specific exclamation of satisfaction that you accidentally misinterpreted as a complaint

Last edited:
Interesting. I've never actually gotten a bad response for how I designed a villagers house, I wish I have though. That's what really ruins the game for me. It's that the villager will always like your work as long as you have their selected items in it. Like what if it's just that and you didn't even change the wallpaper or put anymore furniture down, they'll think it's the best thing ever. Like cmon Nintendo. You could've done better. Lol

Back