Must discuss: crime in the acnl world??

Sell_out

Professional coolguy
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Has anyone else noticed how you visit a villager and they unlock the door before going in? It seems like all the villagers are peaceful and wouldn't steal something right?

Also the police station exists-- and the reset surveillance center, which weren't there until (you) the mayor appears, and they're directed at the mayor, especially the reset center... It seems to me like the player is the villian of the game :eek: (also the villagers in acnl are almost always happy and never get mad and yell at you like they did in wild world, which just seems very Pleasantville-esque)))? Idk, opinions?

I have a feeling Pietro have a dozen villager bodies hiding under his little funhouse..

Interesting, never thought much about it before.. Maybe they are worried about out-of-town visitors causing mischief.

I've never thought about it! The only kind of mean character I've seen is Diana and even then she isn't super mean, not like in Wild World where they would get kinda angry and yell at you. Maybe they are worried about you running and rearranging their furniture. :D

I always threaten new villagers (especially ones that end up smushing my gardening) that I'll throw them in the ocean or something in that trajectory. Them sending letters with gifts is trying to appease the mayor.

If I'm the villain then it fits with the overall theme of my town. Plus since Booker is such a nervous-ridden police dog, it makes it look like he fears the mayor.

But then the villagers are somewhat con-like because they try to rip you off by selling overpriced native fruit or trading their shirt for an ore.

GeTMuci.jpg

rE1XLTb.jpg
Hmmm.....it looks like the cop(s) in my town might be a bit jumpy if Grizzly is concerned about the mayor wearing his motorcycle helmet inside the shops.Sounds like there's been a few stick-ups on Main Street in the past.

I always threaten new villagers (especially ones that end up smushing my gardening) that I'll throw them in the ocean or something in that trajectory. Them sending letters with gifts is trying to appease the mayor.

If I'm the villain then it fits with the overall theme of my town. Plus since Booker is such a nervous-ridden police dog, it makes it look like he fears the mayor.

But then the villagers are somewhat con-like because they try to rip you off by selling overpriced native fruit or trading their shirt for an ore.

Booker is scared and copper is in on the conspiracy:p

If a village with 10 villagers had a murder that would make the murder rate 10,000. I feel like Pietro would murder someone.

I never thought about this before. I guess when we as the mayors move into our towns, we bring new events and ideas that shake up the peace that was there in the first place. Causing a drastic change in the flow as to how their minds work!

I watch too many movies lol

Well...when you walk into a villager's house and look through their drawers without permission, that counts as invasion of privacy.

If I remember correctly you could enter villager's houses while they weren't in there in the gamecube Animal Crossing. Wonder what changed :eek:

I've always just assumed it's because they've never had any reason to think like that. The world of all of the games in the series has been a world of relaxation, peace, and harmony, all of which are supposed to translate to the player just as much as the NPCs.

So, it's probably a very subjective thing.

Back