My mom actually likes this game

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Every time she visits, she asks me how my town is going. She was actually upset when I told her I restarted it. And when I told her I only restarted because I didn't earn everything myself so I had grown bored of it, she actually demanded I not buy anything in her 'mom' voice.

Animal Crossing New Leaf: Such an awesome game, even parents who don't give a crap about games are interested in it.

Wow really?

That's awesome! My mom helped me name one of my towns actually. She never asks about it but some stuff she does like about it

Wow nice! None of my family members are interested in this game. But they really like it when i play that "weird pokemanz video game"! XD

my parents remember some details about it but not much, but it's cute that your mom enjoys hearing about it!

This makes me tear up a bit. Your mom is taking interest in something you love, even though she doesn't play the game herself. It reminds me of my mom. My kids and siblings were so tired of hearing me talk about ac, but my mom always showed interest and didn't seem to mind. I was so excited two years ago when my Farmtown was on Jeffs dream suite adventures. My family just kind of rolled their eyes, but not my mom. She was excited too. She didn't think it was silly like everyone else. She passed away 2 weeks later. Man, I miss my mom.

She likes how the game celebrates real life events like Christmas, New Years, etc. She said she's never seen or heard of a game like this before so her interest was piqued. She also likes how my town is looking in terms of landscaping. She said it looks better than the last town I had. I just like being able to talk to someone, besides people on here of course, about this game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This makes me tear up a bit. Your mom is taking interest in something you love, even though she doesn't play the game herself. It reminds me of my mom. My kids and siblings were so tired of hearing me talk about ac, but my mom always showed interest and didn't seem to mind. I was so excited two years ago when my Farmtown was on Jeffs dream suite adventures. My family just kind of rolled their eyes, but not my mom. She was excited too. She didn't think it was silly like everyone else. She passed away 2 weeks later. Man, I miss my mom.

I'm so sorry about your mom. :(

I'm sure my mom would've taken interest in the game if I discussed it more with her. She passed away a little over two years ago, I know how hard it is for a mom to be the only one that takes interest in what you like. I relate to your post all too much :,)

I am 58 and love this game. Why don't you encourage your mum to get her own copy? I know lots of older players.

My ma dont care bout no nothing vidia gaems except candy crush ;)
It was really nice when she played ac af with me ( she nearly won but my little brother won with da bling! By one point too! )

This is such a heart touching post.

Give your mom a hug - so sweet of her to take interest!

Your mother has such dedication in helping you out! Even in a game where you manage your life. I suppose she thinks it can help you learn to be nice to other people in real life and make really hard choices. For me, I have been going solo the entire time playing Animal Crossing New Leaf. The good part is, my mom bought a brand new ACNL for Christmas, FOUR YEARS AGO!

Heh I haven't really let my Mom play ACNL alot, I showed her once but she didn't have time to play. Maybe I'll consider showing her the game again and see how she feels about it. :p

When I was a kid and the GameCube version came out, my best friend's whole family of six, parents and siblings, played the game. I thought it was neat that there was always somebody playing it on their t.v. at any given time. It was only until New Leaf that my mother got into it, and she really enjoys this game. She ended up surpassing me in my fish encyclopedia and is missing only the coelacanth now. She just really enjoys virtual fishing... and became a tycoon through it. haha!

When I was a kid and the GameCube version came out, my best friend's whole family of six, parents and siblings, played the game. I thought it was neat that there was always somebody playing it on their t.v. at any given time. It was only until New Leaf that my mother got into it, and she really enjoys this game. She ended up surpassing me in my fish encyclopedia and is missing only the coelacanth now. She just really enjoys virtual fishing... and became a tycoon through it. haha!

Good for your mum x

My mom's town is more successful and pretty than mine xD

My whole family has played since the beginning of the Animal Crossing game series c:

Last edited:
Back