applebean

very best mayor
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Yellow Pansy
Tasty Cake
Mailbox
i've been visiting several hacked dream towns recently and i'm kind of jealous! i want to make my own. i was wondering what the general consensus on hacked towns was. i love them, my favorite part is how you can put things underwater, move pwp's and make special pathways. i think that if you're going to spend time and money on a game you might as well get the most out of it.

for those of you who may live in hacked towns: what's your favorite/least favorite part?

Last edited:
just so you know sharing hacking info is against the rules. I don't want anyone getting suspended or banned

i assume its fine to talk about it, just dont discuss how to do it

Last edited:
i've been visiting several hacked dream towns recently and i'm kind of jealous! i want to make my own. i was wondering what the general consensus on hacked towns was. i love them, my favorite part is how you can put things underwater, move pwp's and make special pathways. i think that if you're going to spend time and money on a game you might as well get the most out of it.

for those of you who may live in hacked towns: how did you do it? and what's your favorite/least favorite part?
Sharing how to hack isn't allowed publicly, but if you're very curious you can pm me.

My favourite part of it is, yeah, getting the most out of my game! It makes it much easier and more fun, and landscaping is way way more easy when you can choose where everything is. I can get any item I want as well, so I don't have to worry about missing things.

If people hack their towns, then they do. It's what they like to do. As long as they're aren't being malicious, then I'm mostly indifferent. I don't understand the point of hacking everything and having nothing to gain or look forward to. It defeats the purpose of the game, if you ask me. But everyone likes to do something differently.

just so you know sharing hacking info is against the rules. I don't want anyone getting suspended or banned

i assume its fine to talk about it, just dont discuss how to do it
woops! didn't know that, thank you for telling me. i'll take that part out :p

Last edited:
I like it but would personally not do it, I don't want homebrew on my 3ds, but perhaps if I did get a new one I would like to try. I don't see a problem wit hacked towns because you're supposed to make a town to your liking, and if it requires hacking to make your dream town then so be it. I don't feel like it's necessarily cheating because there's really nothing you benefit out of it other than making it look pretty. Had it been a different kind of game I might think differently though.

I've always been interested in making my town the exact way I'd like to have it. So, I don't have any problem with hacked towns. My only problem is not knowing how to lol
I get jealous of the people who can because their towns always look awesome.

I think they're super interesting, like putting weeds and clovers everywhere, it's just so gorgeous. I low-key want to hack mine just to change a few things. I think if the whole town is hacked, then that takes the fun out of it. I think it makes personalizing your town 10 times easier!

I didn't realise towns could be hacked but now I'm a lot less impressed by the perfect dream towns I've visited...

I used to hack just for landscaping purposes. I miss doing that, and in fact, I wanted to buy a new game to I can landscape a new town, since mine were done. I'm still cursing myself for patching up my 3DS, because now a new villager moved in, and although I really want him to stay, his house being right directly behind mine instead of the place where imagined him to be at, is rustling my jimmies.

I didn't want hacking to ruin my game play, so I didn't use it to unlock every pwp, or obtain every item in the game, i mainly used it for placing plants and qr paths.

i love hacked towns and how full they can look with all the landscaping. i hacked my town months ago and loved it. even when i was new to the fandom i saw hacked towns and wanted to hack mine so badly to put plants in the water lol

I think some can be really pretty. Especially the ones that almost pass for not hacked towns. Cause they don't have things in water or a crazy amount of tree's.

I hack my town for landscaping purposes, but don't use it to gain items, unlock features etc. That would make playing the game pointless for me and make my town solely an art project.

I'd recommend it for anyone fed up with the game's limitations or just wanting more freedom of expression in town creation. Though we can't discuss how it's done, I'll say that it's actually incredibly simple; You don't need mad programming skills for it ;3

I hacked my town for some general landscaping a bit ago to work around some of the more irritating game limitations - tree and bush placement near cliffs, rock placement, houses, etc. It definitely makes it easier to get a nice layout without having to spend hours and hours resetting, and it makes path placement super easy. And, of course, rare items are pretty easy to get too. :p

Personally, I think I'm only against hacking when it is done maliciously or when it ruins the game. Things like unlocking all PWP, changing your villagers, or just completely finishing off your town seem like a waste to me, because then what do you have left to do? It's one of those things that seems pointless. Of course, if someone is playing and just wants to rush to the finished product, that's their choice!

I've never hacked my town since I'm actually not even capable of doing so but I've always wanted to get any pwps I want and put plants underwater. Also it'd be very helpful to move villagers houses :0

I prefer not to hack/mod video games in general... but I am really jealous of how cool some of the hacked towns look.

I didn't realise towns could be hacked but now I'm a lot less impressed by the perfect dream towns I've visited...

you can usually tell if a town is hacked because there are trees/items in the water, or pathway designs in the event plaza. some perfect towns are achieved through hard work, and some hacked towns were built mostly traditionally. sometimes people just hack their town to add an edge of detail, like bamboo along their bridges

I don't mind them, but so many of them have too many trees and bushes. I got stuck in a forest of them in a dream town the other day. I thought I was going to have to hit the power button. I finally made it out. I don't care for flowers and things in the rivers either.

Back