• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you care for the grass's shape?

Fuzzle.Sophie

Bells
I was just wondering, since I've seen a lot of people who want a specific grass (circle, triangle, etc.).
I don't really care for that, especially because I've discovered the different shapes just some weeks ago, haha.

So, do you care? :)

Last edited:
i don't really! i didn't even know grass shapes were a thing until i joined the forum and saw people resetting and crying for circle grass :D
i have triangle grass (when i first started playing, i didn't know map resetting was a thing and picked the town w the prettiest river from rover's 4 options :cool:), and i'm pretty chill with it!

Yes I do, my favourite is the circle grass which gets the starry snow. ^^ I somehow got really lucky when I started my original town because I got my favourite grass, fruit, train station and town hall colours AND three dreamies as random move ins. o_O

My game likes me...

I like triangle grass the best, but it's not that big of a deal. After a while I don't even notice the grass shape, and most of it gets covered anyways

Nope, I don't care at all. I didn't even know the grass had different shapes until I saw people being "triggered" by it in the forum.

No? The only thing I care is it not deteriorating at rapid speeds. It's a minute detail, really.

Last edited:
I didn't know grass shape preference was a thing before I joined this forum. It really doesn't matter to me.. I think all grass shapes look pretty nice anyways.

I don't care at all. But after reading about it here, I checked mine. Apparently Sundance has square grass and Hangzhou, triangle. If I had to chose, I'd say square is prettier, but whatever. x)

Not really . I didn't know grass was shaped differently . It doesn't even stand out time at all . In fact I don't even know what shape mine is.

I cover most of it up with paths and flowers so don't really care much for it.

Exaclty, it doesn't make sense to me ^^

- - - Post Merge - - -

i don't really! i didn't even know grass shapes were a thing until i joined the forum and saw people resetting and crying for circle grass :D
i have triangle grass (when i first started playing, i didn't know map resetting was a thing and picked the town w the prettiest river from rover's 4 options :cool:), and i'm pretty chill with it!

I have it too, I find it cute :D

I have a preference for circle or triangle, but don't care too much. The starry snow is not that big of a draw for me though - I find it both cute and slightly overkill

Last edited:
Yes I do, my favourite is the circle grass which gets the starry snow. ^^ I somehow got really lucky when I started my original town because I got my favourite grass, fruit, train station and town hall colours AND three dreamies as random move ins. o_O

My game likes me...

Woah you're so lucky!!

I didn't know different grass gets different snow shapes :O

- - - Post Merge - - -

No? The only thing I care is it not deteriorating at rapid speeds. It's a minute detail, really.

That's annoying

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not really . I didn't know grass was shaped differently . It doesn't even stand out time at all . In fact I don't even know what shape mine is.

I know! I noticed mine only today, but it's such a little detail I dont understand how people get bothered :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have a preference for circle or triangle, but don't care too much. The starry snow is not that big of a draw for me though - I find it both cute and slightly overkill

I have triangles! They look like Dorito chips, I love it xD

Not really. My town has circle grass, and I like the circle grass because it looks cute but in the end I don't really care. I don't really pay much attention since my town is going to be eventually covered in paths, trees, bushes and flowers anyways to even see the grass.

I had no idea there were different types of grass until i saw this... and i've been playing for 4 years...

You can always replace the grass pattern with a different grass pattern qr tile, so I don't think it should be that much of an issue.

I only really bother if I plan on having a theme in my town where the patterns might look strange next to the grass, I like to have areas kind of open and field like :)

I'd prefer circles or triangles, but if I were ever resetting or starting a new game and found a map layout I really liked, I'd just roll with whatever, I'm pretty sure because at the end of the day it's not that noticeable.

Back