• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

"Parents"

i mean, you shouldnt have a kid if you arent ready to take care of it and if someone is like the people you described all the time that's obviously not good, but like, having kids can be very difficult and tiring and everyone needs a break sometimes. it's not weird to be tired or need a short break and it doesn't make u a bad parent.
if you constantly treat your child like a burden that's not good (like..... you're responsible for the kid and you decided to have it so, like, grow up and stop being a **** parent) but parents arent superhuman and sometimes everyone needs a break hghgdvkhc

im talking about young mothers under the age of 25

- - - Post Merge - - -

i didnt make it clear but most grown men and women don't act that way

- - - Post Merge - - -

actually i did make it clear oops silly miiii

Because it is hard work, especially for single parents. Try looking after a child and working to pay the bills at the same time - it just isn't going to work.

I won't even get started on those who were pressured into unprotected sex etc.

Because parents over 25 can't be crap parents?

they can, trust me :^)

and yeah i think they mean those party drunk moms who can't do a thing at home and only asks for help because they deserve to be spoiled 24/7 and such..

I'm too selfish to have a kid right now and I deal with over 20 of them daily, but if I met the right person I'd eventually change that. So I am very careful to be sure I don't have one until all of that falls into place.

Everyone needs a break from their kids once in a while. Heck, we need breaks from our spouses, friends, parents, and siblings. There's nothing wrong with that. And lets face it, sometimes kids need a break from their parents.

I was always with my kids and I never complained ( much. Lol. ) I loved being a mom and spending time with them, but it was nice to sometimes have grandparents take them for a bit or leave them at home with their dad. I love it when my son asks me to babysit so he and his wife can go out for a few hours. It gives me quality time with my sweet grand daughter. ( She's also a handful and wears me out. Lol.).

I do see what your saying though. It is a full time job, and can be stressful sometimes, but most parents ( even the ones complaining) wouldn't give it up for the world. Maybe these parents you speak of just need to vent a bit.

You're still a human being when you become a parent - with a full set of your own emotions and personal needs. It's okay to be overwhelmed and you should definitely ask for help when you need it. You should also do things to prevent you from becoming overwhelmed, like seeing friends, having your own hobbies and interests that don't involve your kids. Venting is a lot healthier than suppressing your complaints and difficulties. Having kids is a lot of work, if you're not taking care of yourself it'll be very difficult to properly take care of your babies. You rarely ever know someone's full situation, and a lot of people are doing the best they can and learning as they go along. Not everyone makes a good parent and some people do neglect their kids, but I think the idea that your entire existence now needs to revolve around your children is a little much and unhealthy.

Edit: Also I notice that all critiques here are of moms/women and no one has specifically mentioned the other half of the equation. Just an observation. :)

Last edited:
Taking care of a child can be stressful and worrying, so it's understandable to want to give them up to a babysitter for maybe 5 hours at most (but only if you're having a leisurely break, not going to work; with work, you should be able to give them up your entire working day then come home and take care of them). But, like stated in this thread, it's pathetic wanting to "have a break" and then using that as an excuse to go out and party.

as long as the person they dump their kids on doesn't mind i don't see the problem assuming they don't do it too much
my aunt and uncle dump their 2 kids off at my grandma's house way too much. they're probably at her house the equal amount as them being at home. though it is tough for my aunt and uncle. they're getting less and less work and their hours are being cut. god knows why they had the 2nd kid 2 years ago

no most people under 25 arent teenagers

and thats mostly what im talking about

anybody over the age of 18 isn't a teenager but im confused

people over the age of 25 can be horrible parents and so can people under 25.
you're stereotyping young mothers as horrible ones.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, you get what you sign up for. Which is why you shouldn't have babies just because it fulfils the meaning of life or it's the goal of every person on earth to reproduce, or other dumb arguments.

!!!

don't have kids if you don't want them. super important. it is nobody's goddamn business if you want to have kids or not. It's not their business if you can't have kids for whatever reason, and it's not their place to tell you what the goddamn meaning of life is. Because if you don't want kids or don't have kids, that doesn't mean you should kill yourself or something because you can't fulfil the 'meaning of life' or whatever.

for example, im choosing to not have kids (even though i want kids ngl) because mental illnesses, specifically schizophrenia and personality disorders, run in my family. doesn't make my life inferior to someone else's.

Last edited:
Like to an extent. Not everyone can be around their kids 24/7 and those who are do need a break. I have friends who are stay at home mom's and they definitely deserve breaks now and then, but someone who works and has the kid with a sitter or daycare all day and then want to continue to avoid their children don't really in my opinion deserve that right.

Kids are exhausting and tons of work and parents deserve some time to themselves, like I completely agree to parents making a date night or something where they get away and do something themselves, but someone who is always shirking off their responsibilities to go out and party and hardly take care of their kids as is are kind of awful. Or those rich people who get live in nannies and don't even know a lick about their own kids, that really makes me sick.

don't have kids if you don't want them. super important. it is nobody's goddamn business if you want to have kids or not. It's not their business if you can't have kids for whatever reason, and it's not their place to tell you what the goddamn meaning of life is. Because if you don't want kids or don't have kids, that doesn't mean you should kill yourself or something because you can't fulfil the 'meaning of life' or whatever.

for example, im choosing to not have kids (even though i want kids ngl) because mental illnesses, specifically schizophrenia and personality disorders, run in my family. doesn't make my life inferior to someone else's.

Yeah, I don't want kids because I know I can't handle them and would probably.. do bad things to them if I get the slightest mad and I would be really jealous. And I probably would be annoyed at them all the time etc. And yeah they are expensive and whiny. And not everyone can/need to reproduce.

And yeah I have Asperger/ASD so yeah having a kiddo with that and being like a full-time mom and not being able to live otherwise, no thanks.

Yeah there are some points that are really good, and I totally agree but there's a darker side of all this that I really wish not to bring out and many of you can think of what that is, and when this happens some people can't get abortions for many reasons.
But when people decide they want kids many are not even mentally ready, society wants us to have kids, have a house with the white picket fence and the minivan. I wish not to have kids cause I am not a very mentally stable person, but yet people keep telling me "You'll change your mind." I dislike being pressured into being made to think since I'm in my late teens that I'll want kids later in life and I'm just in a "phase", but I don't think I will be ready. Heck, I'm not even ready for college and that's just a couple years away for me

Back