• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I'm SO TIRED of resetting

Fuzzle.Sophie

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I swear if I finally get the map I like this time I won't ever reset again. I admit it, I'm addicted to resetting, I've never kept any town more than 2-3 months. I've been resetting for two days now, only to get the plaza in the centre of the town and enough space for my villagers! I'm not asking much, dammit!

If I get the town map I want now, I'm never going to reset again, I'm so tired ;-;

I feel you 100% I hate resetting with a burning passion.
It's aggravating wanting to get a good map with desirable things such as Train Color, Town Fruit, Grass Shape, etc.

Rn Imm considering resetting again (curse you Pears.) but then I feel like I won't want to do it bc I hate trying to find a map... but the paths I would want to use would fit better with Perfect Apples or Perfect Cherries.

I feel like I was lucky, I wanted to go for another straight river map, but then randomly settled on another one that looked OKAY.

I got the train station colour I wanted, apples as my fruit(the one I wanted), square shaped grass, and a tier 1 villager (Ankha) who I can make some TBT off of when she decides to move. Also my ponds are placed almost like a pattern and I can't complain about that!

I also figured out where paths could go and where villagers could live, and I'm quite satisfied! Now I just need to resist the urge to reset my town, AGAIN.

I feel you 100% I hate resetting with a burning passion.
It's aggravating wanting to get a good map with desirable things such as Train Color, Town Fruit, Grass Shape, etc.

Rn Imm considering resetting again (curse you Pears.) but then I feel like I won't want to do it bc I hate trying to find a map... but the paths I would want to use would fit better with Perfect Apples or Perfect Cherries.

Omg I hate pears. Fruit is the worst to find. At least I'm not picky about grass and colors of things, otherwise it would be endless

Just reset this early morning! I feel really satisfied now, I can even deal with my perfect fruit being peaches! Really hard to plot reset, Only took me 3-4 tried to get a map I felt ok with.

I feel like I was lucky, I wanted to go for another straight river map, but then randomly settled on another one that looked OKAY.

I got the train station colour I wanted, apples as my fruit(the one I wanted), square shaped grass, and a tier 1 villager (Ankha) who I can make some TBT off of when she decides to move. Also my ponds are placed almost like a pattern and I can't complain about that!

I also figured out where paths could go and where villagers could live, and I'm quite satisfied! Now I just need to resist the urge to reset my town, AGAIN.

I feel like our need to reset will never be fullfilled even if we get the perfect map. It's unnerving.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just reset this early morning! I feel really satisfied now, I can even deal with my perfect fruit being peaches! Really hard to plot reset, Only took me 3-4 tried to get a map I felt ok with.

Ahh, so lucky, I'm happy for you! I'm still resetting, it's been 4 and a half hours :/

Hahah yeah, now that I'm done resetting on New Leaf, I'm continuing to reset on Wild World until I get decent villagers in the town ;o;

Nice!
I know how you feel so well. I spent literally all day across THREE days resetting. Up until 4AM in some cases (I'm way too addicted lol!) and all I wanted was a neat river shape and the town plaza to be in the centre.

I don't know what's with AC's obsession always putting the tree next to the wall or tracks! Really don't like that.

What's funny is after I found a town after 3 days of resetting, I thought the map was ok. But the day after someone moved into an awful spot so I was like "nah, I can't deal with this town" and reset, only to find a map that I liked only 5 minutes later :confused: :p

Last edited:
Nice!
I know how you feel so well. I spent literally all day across THREE days resetting. Up until 4AM in some cases (I'm way too addicted lol!) and all I wanted was a neat river shape and the town plaza to be in the centre.

I don't know what's with AC's obsession always putting the tree next to the wall or tracks! Really don't like that.

What's funny is after I found a town after 3 days of resetting, I thought the map was ok. But the day after someone moved into an awful spot so I was like "nah, I can't deal with this town" and reset, only to find a map that I liked only 5 minutes later :confused: :p

This game really likes to mess with us.

I'm pretty sure I've only reset once at the beginning when I made some noob mistakes (that, or I didn't like the layout, but maybe it was both?) But ever since then I've had the same town, I've ha it since June 2013. I'd like to restart but I can't bare to let it go because it's always so nostalgic to go back on. :')
I can understand where that pain and frustration is coming from, though! Hopefully you'll be able to get the map layout you want very soon!

I'm pretty sure I've only reset once at the beginning when I made some noob mistakes (that, or I didn't like the layout, but maybe it was both?) But ever since then I've had the same town, I've ha it since June 2013. I'd like to restart but I can't bare to let it go because it's always so nostalgic to go back on. :')
I can understand where that pain and frustration is coming from, though! Hopefully you'll be able to get the map layout you want very soon!

I admire you so much Cx
Nostalgia wouldn't stop me from resetting, sadly. But thank you :D

I feel your pain... I'm in the process of trying to restart one of my towns and it's a pain. Since I'm selling my town, I have to go through all of Isabelle, Tom Nook, and Resetti's dialogue everytime I reset which takes forever. And then finally by the time I get to Rover, I hate all of the maps he shows me. The rivers either take up way too much space which is the reason I want to reset my current town, or they have a billion ponds. And then by the time I think I find a nice layout, it has a billion rocks in the way.

I feel your pain... I'm in the process of trying to restart one of my towns and it's a pain. Since I'm selling my town, I have to go through all of Isabelle, Tom Nook, and Resetti's dialogue everytime I reset which takes forever. And then finally by the time I get to Rover, I hate all of the maps he shows me. The rivers either take up way too much space which is the reason I want to reset my current town, or they have a billion ponds. And then by the time I think I find a nice layout, it has a billion rocks in the way.

Rover is probably messing with us, he can't be thinking we'd choose a map that's 80% river and the other rocks!

Still, good luck with your new town!

I reset my town for this map, and i hate it still. I guess ill always regret the stuff I choose. :( I miss my old map

I've never map reset before but I feel your pain when it comes to plot resetting. I'm probably going to be like this once I reset whoville.

Back