• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cigarettes?

Cigarettes?

• Yay

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Nah

Votes: 146 90.7%

• Total voters
I think you are spreading "cigarette propaganda". From your posts on this thread so far you're acting like nothing is wrong with them and they're all fine and dandy.

Why did you actually make this thread?

I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on them. I actually do think they're fine and dandy. That's kind of the reason I smoke. I get that cigarettes are terrible for your health, but I like them. If you interpret that as me spreading propaganda, that's fine.

I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on them. I actually do think they're fine and dandy. That's kind of the reason I smoke. I get that cigarettes are terrible for your health, but I like them. If you interpret that as me spreading propaganda, that's fine.

They are extremely bad for you. They are not fine and dandy.

I'm not a fan of them. I've had relatives who smoked and it's always smelled awful to me. Plus the effects are more than enough reason for me not wanting to smoke.

I remember I volunteered at a senior center one summer and there was this elderly woman who had a electrolarynx (robotic voice box that helps you speak bc laryngeal cancer is caused by smoking). I'll never forget her. She was very sweet but did not hesitate to express regret. It's really unfortunate. :(

It's really terrible that happened. Sadly, that's a risk smokers face.

I'll check it out.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why do you hate them so much?

Why wouldn't I? I never tried one and I never will. My dad used to a long time ago before I was even thought of and he only did it because he watched his dad do it. And he was obese and started his health kick (aka the biggest change of his life) and quit cold turkey because it poisons the body. If I won't eat bad foods because they are bad for my body, I am not going to smoke, which is bad for my body. That is very hypocritical for someone health-based like me to say "Oh GMOs cause cancer, stop eating them!!!" then turn around and smoke a cigarette...

Also, I grew up with just about everybody in my family who did not smoke. My mom and dad don't, my grandma doesn't, my grandparents didn't (great grandparents).

My older ADULT cousins do, but that is only a few people, and my grandmas husband who died before I was born due to something completely non smoking related (his dad died of the same thing).

Statistics said back when I was a child that most people who smoke have parents or lived with family members who did, or they picked up the habit from other people who are non-family members.

Both of my parent's have been heavy smokers for my whole life, and it's had enough of an effect on me (and my lungs :() that I'm pretty against smoking. I just think that because of the proven negative impacts on the body, it isn't something that I personally would want to do and I do like to distance myself from people who do it.

On that note though, it is up to the user! It's a free world, go ahead and smoke if you want to (and if it's legal)!

Why wouldn't I? I never tried one and I never will. My dad used to a long time ago before I was even thought of and he only did it because he watched his dad do it. And he was obese and started his health kick (aka the biggest change of his life) and quit cold turkey because it poisons the body. If I won't eat bad foods because they are bad for my body, I am not going to smoke, which is bad for my body. That is very hypocritical for someone health-based like me to say "Oh GMOs cause cancer, stop eating them!!!" then turn around and smoke a cigarette...

Also, I grew up with just about everybody in my family who did not smoke. My mom and dad don't, my grandma doesn't, my grandparents didn't (great grandparents).

My older ADULT cousins do, but that is only a few people, and my grandmas husband who died before I was born due to something completely non smoking related (his dad died of the same thing).

Statistics said back when I was a child that most people who smoke have parents or lived with family members who did, or they picked up the habit from other people who are non-family members.

I really appreciate you sharing that with me. Look, I'm a relatively healthy guy. I drink and smoke in moderation. I get that it's unhealthy, but it helps me relax.

Both of my parent's have been heavy smokers for my whole life, and it's had enough of an effect on me (and my lungs :() that I'm pretty against smoking. I just think that because of the proven negative impacts on the body, it isn't something that I personally would want to do and I do like to distance myself from people who do it.

On that note though, it is up to the user! It's a free world, go ahead and smoke if you want to (and if it's legal)!

It's refreshing for someone to respect my opinion and not castrate me for smoking!

But I'm still confused why you're on a forum riddled with minors and children and trying to talk about smoking like lmao

It's fine. As long as you aren't doing it around others than I don't care.

Once I was waiting for my ride at this waterpark (I was 12).

The only bench was by an ash tray and this woman blew it directly in my face (me and my friend were there first by the way).
And she purposley blew the smoke in my face and smiled (I was texting so I wasn't even looking at her so it came by surprise)

I said "smokings bad maybe you should quit" she was just like
"sucks maybe you shouldnt sit next to an ash try then" (only bench and I was there first, and I was a child *and looked like a child i was 12 and looked 12 i didnt look 20 like most 12 year olds do now***, age doesnt change that it was wrong to do anyways)

I got petty af afterwards because a beached whale was justifying blowing smoke in a 12 year olds face

But I'm still confused why you're on a forum riddled with minors and children and trying to talk about smoking like lmao

Literally every minor and child knows that smoking is bad. When I was a kid, I thought smoking was bad. Jesus, every kid isn't some mindless drone who's willing to smoke a cigarette if handed one.

I hate smoking. My parents are heavy smokers, so even though I've never smoked before just being around them and breathing in their cigarette smoke messed up my lungs. I have a hard time breathing now. Many people I know have also died or have serious health effects from smoking. So yeah... not the biggest fan of smoking.

It's fine. As long as you aren't doing it around others than I don't care.

Once I was waiting for my ride at this waterpark (I was 12).

The only bench was by an ash tray and this woman blew it directly in my face (me and my friend were there first by the way).
And she purposley blew the smoke in my face and smiled (I was texting so I wasn't even looking at her so it came by surprise)

I said "smokings bad maybe you should quit" she was just like
"sucks maybe you shouldnt sit next to an ash try then" (only bench and I was there first, and I was a child *and looked like a child i was 12 and looked 12 i didnt look 20 like most 12 year olds do now***, age doesnt change that it was wrong to do anyways)

I got petty af afterwards because a beached whale was justifying blowing smoke in a 12 year olds face

That's actually terrible. There are unwritten rules when it comes to smoking. If some pig blew smoke in face, I would be angry too. Just because I smoke doesn't mean I'm some dbag who doesn't respect people.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I hate smoking. My parents are heavy smokers, so even though I've never smoked before just being around them and breathing in their cigarette smoke messed up my lungs. I have a hard time breathing now. Many people I know have also died or have serious health effects from smoking. So yeah... not the biggest fan of smoking.

Do you have to use an inhaler?

That's actually terrible. There are unwritten rules when it comes to smoking. If some pig blew smoke in face, I would be angry too. Just because I smoke doesn't mean I'm some dbag who doesn't respect people.

Yeah I can tell you aren't like that. But there are lots of people who smoke inside around their kids, and people who do not ID them either. All Hy-Miler employees were fired because kids got caught with tobacco and told them where they bought it from. Some kids I know who smoke buy them all on their own because some places don't care enough to ID. They know it is a human right but abuse that in a sense, because some people still think others should put up with it in public places, when it's a right to do it, doesn't make it okay. As long as you don't then it isn't a problem.

Literally every minor and child knows that smoking is bad. When I was a kid, I thought smoking was bad. Jesus, every kid isn't some mindless drone who's willing to smoke a cigarette if handed one.

I think you missed the point. I'm wondering what sort of conversation about smoking you expected to find on what is basically a children's forum.

They irritate me and the people who smoke usually do as well.

My family are fully aware that I despise cigarettes and avoid me when they want a smoke, it's nice that they respect my health but it's a shame that they don't respect their own as much. They all smoke in moderation, nobody in my family are heavy smokers and I'm really grateful for that, if they were heavy smokers I would have a hard time and so would they.

I understand that they may be relaxing for a while but the effects ware off after smoking for a while, everybody who I know has smoked will tell that. They aren't worth it and there are other means of relaxation, it isn't limited to having a smoke and if you rely on them too much you will fall ill and weak.

Not only are they unhealthy for the Human body and mind, they are also unhealthy for the World and contributes to the illness that it is currently going through. I don't support them at all and if someone willingly smokes around me even after I tell them I feel uncomfortable around it, then they are out of my life and aren't worth my time.

Smokers need to look at the facts of what they are doing to their bodies, if they choose to ignore them and fall ill, well that's their problem, avoiding help and advice was their choice and they need to save themselves from then on out. I have no sympathy for them, the people who are addicts but are willing to seek help are the people who are worth it and I have sympathy for.

Last edited:
Yeah I can tell you aren't like that. But there are lots of people who smoke inside around their kids, and people who do not ID them either. All Hy-Miler employees were fired because kids got caught with tobacco and told them where they bought it from. Some kids I know who smoke buy them all on their own because some places don't care enough to ID. They know it is a human right but abuse that in a sense, because some people still think others should put up with it in public places, when it's a right to do it, doesn't make it okay. As long as you don't then it isn't a problem.

Actually, the first time I bought cigarettes, I was 18. I remember the store clerk said I looked old so he didn't need to see my ID (im 6'5''). Nowadays, 12 year olds do look super old. Some random kid could get cigarettes. That's not good. Cigarettes are a choice for people of age.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think you missed the point. I'm wondering what sort of conversation about smoking you expected to find on what is basically a children's forum.

I haven't met any super young children on here. In fact, I've had more interactions with older people than children. You say "children's forum" like this is a daycare.

I find it kinda odd how people who say that "love what you want," "it's your body so do what you want with it," and "all bodies are beautiful" are condemning people for smoking (yes I know it can be bad for your health, but so can many other things that you don't expect). Shouldn't it be good that they are doing what they love? I'm confused. Can someone explain please?

Back