• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Cigarettes?

Cigarettes?

• Yay

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Nah

Votes: 146 90.7%

• Total voters

bryantastic

king of corn🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
I know that a lot of the users on here are relatively young, so this is for the older folks. How many of you smoke cigarettes? I personally love them.

Thank you for all your insightful opinions. I really appreciate the people who took the time to give me anecdotes of negative smoking experiences and recommend things for me to watch. Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to go to bed and let my body decay in peace.

Last edited:
I smoked them when I was a kid, but stopped when I became adult.

I liked it then but now the taste/scent disgust me.

I used to smoke one or two a day for a couple weeks. But I hated everything about it so I quit

I personally think the taste is super addicting and it really helps calm me down.

I personally think the taste is super addicting and it really helps calm me down.

Yes while you smoke, I liked it too before, and I liked to hold it, and make rings of smoke...it used to be a fun hobby.
It looked less crazy than breathing in a paper bag.

Yes while you smoke, I liked it too before, and I liked to hold it, and make rings of smoke...it used to be a fun hobby.
It looked less crazy than breathing in a paper bag.

The only downside is that the taste lingers for hours and hours after you smoke.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My dad still smokes since he was young....he isn't healthy right now.

Dang, that sucks. I'm really sorry.

The only downside is that the taste lingers for hours and hours after you smoke.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Dang, that sucks. I'm really sorry.

I had chewing gums and candies for the after taste, what I disliked the most was yellow fingers, yellow teeth, the price (!!!), trying to smoke outdoor at -40 with gloves.

Have you seen the movie "Coffee & Cigarettes"?

I had chewing gums and candies for the after taste, what I disliked the most was yellow fingers, yellow teeth, the price (!!!), trying to smoke outdoor at -40 with gloves.

Have you seen the movie "Coffee & Cigarettes"?

I haven't; is it a documentary?

I haven't; is it a documentary?

It's a (black and white) movie with short stories about coffee and cigarettes with Iggy Pop, Tom Waits etc...
It's relaxing

I believe it's on Youtube

Last edited:
and if any of you are below the age of 18 (if you're in the us)

DO NOT pick up this disgusting habit because it is very hard to break. it is also bad for your health and disrespectful to everyone you may smoke around (if you do)

and even though it's your opinion and right to say you love them don't say that to any younger children (up to age 17 3/4), say they're horrible even if its a lie so they don't pick up bad habits. let them have that mindset on them because they aren't able to get them until they're old enough, and if they don't want them when someone offers them one when they're young w that knowledge and mindset they wont want them when they can buy them either.

Last edited:
and if any of you are below the age of 18 (if youre in the us)

DO NOT pick up this disgusting habit because it is very hard to break. it is also bad for your health and disrespectful to everyone you may smoke aroud (if you do)

and even though its your opinion and right to say you love them dont say that to any younger children (up to age 17 3/4), say theyre horrible even if its a lie so they dont pick up bad habits. let them have that mindset on them because they arent able to get them until theyre old enough, and if they dont want them when someone offers them one when theyre young w that knowledge and mindset they wont want them when they can buy them either.

I'm not spreading cigarette propaganda to little kids, so you dont have to worry about that. Besides, if you watch enough TV, you'll see an anti-tobacco ad in no time.

I'm not spreading cigarette propaganda to little kids, so you dont have to worry about that. Besides, if you watch enough TV, you'll see an anti-tobacco ad in no time.

I think you are spreading "cigarette propaganda". From your posts on this thread so far you're acting like nothing is wrong with them and they're all fine and dandy.

Why did you actually make this thread?

I'm not a fan of them. I've had relatives who smoked and it's always smelled awful to me. Plus the effects are more than enough reason for me not wanting to smoke.

I remember I volunteered at a senior center one summer and there was this elderly woman who had a electrolarynx (robotic voice box that helps you speak bc laryngeal cancer is caused by smoking). I'll never forget her. She was very sweet but did not hesitate to express regret. It's really unfortunate. :(

Back