Cigarettes?

Cigarettes?

• Yay

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Nah

Votes: 146 90.7%

• Total voters
1) I don't like anything about them.
2) I CAN'T; I have some... issues which means that they'd send me to hospital with the first cigarette. I really don't like talking about it because I just want to pretend that it doesn't exist.

No I don't, I don't think my breathing system could handle it anyways, and regular cig's are not good anyways.

I don't mind the smell of fresh smoke though so I don't care if someone flips one open where I stand though.

My dad does and I want him to quit; he has got asthma because of it. I absolutely hate the smell and I will never be touching one in my entire life.

social smoker for a few months after i turned 18, but then i went to college and got away from my friends that smoked so i dropped it

i say i went to college but actually i already was in college so what i mean is i started focusing more on school so i stopped talking to old friends that didn't go here

Last edited:
I smoked for a while but then stopped.

America logic:

Weed: Has 0 negative side effects over the age of 25

Cigarettes: Lung cancer, Lung diseases, Causes more asthma attacks, causes over 480,000 deaths per year and even more negative effects

Last edited:
I can't stand the smell of cigarettes at all, and I have asthma so it's probably definitely not in my best interest to start smoking.

3 out of 4 of my grandparents smoked. They would still be alive today if they hadn't. don't smoke kids

So I very rarely get personal about things here, but I've watched cigarettes negatively impact many family members and actually kill others, so I suppose I'll speak up here about my opinion on them since it's something I'm pretty against in general. :p

My mom smoked throughout the entirety of her pregnancy with me, and it may or may not have contributed to my childhood health issues that resulted in major surgery at the age of 9. She smoked in the house during my entire childhood so the house, our clothes, hair, and everything else constantly reeked and other kids definitely weren't shy about telling me that, which led to many fistfights and principal's office visits as I was already a relatively spunky/angry kid. o_O

Fast forward a few years and my maternal grandmother was diagnosed with stage III lung cancer. She ended up having radiation and surgical removal of the lung, and she went into remission after half a year or so. She never stopped smoking throughout the entire ordeal, because according to her "smoking is the only thing that keeps me calm". She smoked for years after the fact, and the cancer returned about 10 years ago and killed her within months, as surgery wasn't an option this time around and her oncologist deemed her too weak for chemo or radiation.

My mom is still around, still smoking, and has both high blood pressure and COPD from her long-term cigarette habit. She also has horrible gum disease and has lost about half her teeth at this point, with more needing to be pulled. She's had two teeth abscess, one so badly that she ended up staying overnight in the hospital on high dose antibiotics. This may or may not be related, but her beloved cat also ended up with cancer in his lung that very well could have been caused by her smoking in her house, according to a private conversation I had with the vet after the fact when I took care of the bill for her.

Suffice it to say, I don't like cigarettes and think it's sad when people don't think about the long-term repercussions of smoking them. I'm well aware that the above mentioned ailments won't affect everyone and plenty of people smoke their entire lives and are just fine, but it really doesn't only impact the smoker and at least a handful of their loved ones will be affected in one way or another by the smoker's decision to keep up the habit. I can certainly understand the motivation behind smoking certain other substances, but I just can't grasp the appeal of cigarettes at all. Even vapes (which I think are hilariously stupid) are better than cigarettes in terms of being less damaging to your heath and being less invasive to others.

I suppose that's /rant, but don't take this as me condemning anyone for their choices. These are just my personal experiences and if they help sway even one person away from trying cigarettes or make someone even consider quitting, then I'll be happy as can be. If not, I do hope the people who do smoke don't end up going through the same ordeals I've witnessed and choose to keep their smoking as their habit, and keep it away from nonsmoking family/friends/pets.

I used to smoke one once in a blue moon back in high school socially. But it was mainly because of the relationship I was in at the time. When I broke up with him, I haven't since.

Ten thousand nahs. Cigarettes smell bad, taste gross, are expensive, and kill everyone around you and yourself. Not a fan at all.

I would just like to state that I am aggressive on my opinion on cigarettes because of personal reasons. In my childhood I visited my great grandmothers hospital with my mom several times because of her lung cancer from smoking before she died, devastating my mom. My mom has really bad asthma from smoking, her lungs are black, as are her dads/my granddad. She cannot be around anything she is allergic to without a breathing mask. I know my dad only quit because I would go into the garage when he did to smoke and then he'd feel guilty cause I was there.

Smoking is absolutely terrible. Never start it. Never do it around others. Never start a thread supporting it.

Smoking grosses me out. I would never want to kiss someone who smokes. It tastes horrible.

Also... I don't like doing things that I know is directly bad for my health. Just makes me feel stupid.

Back