• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What age range do you think TBT is for?

Sooo...what do you think?

• Total voters
The youngest people I see here are 12, so I don't think any young children are here. (but I joined here before when I was 10 sooo.....)

My mom is still against these kind of websites and social media, still trying to make me not use them. Jeez! I'm 13, I can legally be here if I want to!

i joined yesterday and I'm not older than 13,

(IM ELEVEN)

Last edited:
I'd probably go as far as 14/15/16+ honestly, just because of the drama that can happen here can be really damaging to actual children

I'd probably go as far as 14/15/16+ honestly, just because of the drama that can happen here can be really damaging to actual children

I agree, for Brewster's cafe / the basement at least, a lot of the topics brought up on these boards can be really unsuitable for children, especially when things do get heated sometimes.

I don't see a problem with younger people being on the AC related boards though, they're suitable in my opinion.

13+ just because it's not only about animal crossing and there's thread sections like The Basement and Brewster's Cafe. Some topics can be controversial or targeted to an older audience.

I'm gonna go with the 2nd option not because i'm lazy and voted because its the most popular, but because its true. Brewster's Cafe is enough to make it 13+. Just look at the threads in there, there's nothing but arguments in there. I tend to avoid those kinds of threads, but the civil ones are a different story. I would post in there, but its either I don't know much about it or don't know what to say.
But I would DEFINITELY will not post in repetitive threads that causes arguments, for one thing you'd get a warning.

I reckon sections like Brewster Cafe should have an age limit of 13+, but the majority of the site is pretty child friendly.
This is coming from someone who joined at the age of 10 and was confused from a word a staff member used in the Wild World section when answering a question. (That is my first memory of this forum.)

Sorry to bring this thread back even though it hasn't been posted on for 8 days, but I just want to share my thoughts.

The people who say that this site has some 'questionable content' in certain forums probably don't realise that it's nothing worse than what the average 12-15 year old hears at school every day. Making this an adult site wouldn't work, since Animal Crossing is for all ages. As well as this, there wouldn't be a flow of new and younger people to take over when the older ones quit the forum. 13+ is recommended, but there are some people a couple of years younger that have the maturity to be on here.

It really does suck having overprotective parents, I would probably be told off for all the social medias I use (even though I only use them to talk to school friends and online friends who I've known for years) and even then I don't reveal anything about myself. I understand that parents are just worried and assume that everyone's a predator, but I feel that I'm mature enough to be trusted to be sensible online.

Last edited:
I turned 12 yesterday but I joined when I was 9. You can imagine the fun I had with mafia...

Last edited:
Back