• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What age range do you think TBT is for?

Sooo...what do you think?

• Total voters

~Unicorn~

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Jack
Leaf Ticket Easter Egg
Coco
Black Feather
Peach (Fruit)
Apple (Fruit)
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Pinky
I was just thinking about this. I think tbt would be a 13+ thing because it doesn't seem very kiddy. But it wouldn't be bad for kids as well. What do you think?

I think 13+ is good. I don't really approve of young kids being on the internet. Especially forums. I also think there should be an adults only section though too, which thankfully I am glad this site has at least a thread.

lol don't feel bad! I'm 27 and my mom would flip out if she knew I was gaming online with forums! She's very protective because I have a bad online track record. Getting sucked in and being manipulated by strangers type of thing. But I feel like I am much better at handling online confrontation now.

I think it's why I flipped out the other night lol

Oh geez! But yeah. You seem ready for this kind of thing for sure.

LOL I HAVE NO IDEA! Her house, her rules? I guess? Lol. I just try to keep the peace

Yeah I'm the same! I'm 21 and I am still told to stay off these kinds of sites. I live in my own house but I don't know.

I guess it's for anyone who are of age to join? It's just a gaming site for trading, discussion of the game, and other GD so I don't see why people of all ages and walks of life can't use it :) I know some people are weirded by it, but me being part of the older demographic, I don't mind if I'm trading with like a 12 year old but I'm probably not going to go out of my way to make friends with people who aren't relatively close to my age, yanno?

honestly, any forum should be rated 13+. not because it's inappropriate but because little kids can't handle the internet at such a young age and just end up making a fool of themselves. like i did LMAO

this forum is definitely 13+ plus bc of certain topics that rise. this is more of a general forum than an acnl forum though lol

Last edited:
13+ sounds about right. Very young kids get offended easily and half the time don't even understand what's going on.

By law (COPPA), 13+, although I haven't seen this mentioned in the site rules.

In other ways, 13+ due to Brewster's weird topics, but also kids' since the moderators are overprotective. Sorry for showing the first letter of a word allowed in PG content and before the 9 o'clock watershed....

I think that it's supposed to be 13+, but I believe the majority of the community (or at least the active majority) are at least 17.

Brewster's Cafe seems like is filled with all ages. I've noticed a lot of posts in there that seem like would come out of a 10 year old's mouth. Everything thing else is 13+.

I agree with 13+, but the more discussive part is gonna be filled with older members (end of teens and up). I don't like to think of the whole "wow there's a bunch of preteens on this site", as long as they're on the mature side and I can't tell at first glance, then I'm fine with it. I'm just more comfortable that the majority of members are around my age.

Kids Site: Uhhh, I don't think so! There would be so much whiners and childish talk that it would be just like BO2
13+ Site: Seems fair, everyone knows what they're doing and there can be an added sprinkle of fun once in a while
ADULTS ONLY: Hell no! There would be so much serious talk and flirting that this would just be like Instagram!

Last edited:
I think it's a 13+ thing. and unfortunately I totally understand why parents are protective of their children when using online things like this BUT if they are smart and safe about it then it is pretty safe. I've been on forums and the like since I was around 14-15 and while I hope I was smart about it, it could have also been made into a negative experience if I wasn't careful. All about using your brain people!

I'm somewhere in my later 20's and agree with Dizzy Bone...Don't mind trading with younger people but I am way more likely to make friends with people who are at least in their 20's/closer to my age.

I believe this site has always fluctuated around 13-21 year olds. I believe the first admin/creater of TBT Jeremy was in his mid twenties when he was active, however a lot of us were in our early teens. I think its fine as long as everyone knows to keep the content appropriate, though I know people can have a little fun.

i mean i would say 15+ but cmon most of the userbase is 11-14

I'm pretty sure it's required by law (COPPA) that websites/communities have a rule stating you must be 13 or older to be part of it, or chat/interact with others. And any sites that do allow children below 13 to use it, then there's restrictions set up. It is actually illegal for a website not to have these 13+ rules/restrictions/parental verification, and if youre below 13 & disclose your age on a strictly 13+ site you could get banned.
Happened to me a few times before, lol. It only makes sense though, as it's set up to protect children's privacy.

So 13 and up, no doubt. Ofc there's gonna be teeny tots using this, since it's for Animal Crossing, but still, it's a forum. forums are all about interacting with others & i personally wouldnt want to interact with a child here unless it's for like trading or something. I respect them & their parents, & i know if i were ever a parent and found out my child was using a forum and interacting with people a decade or two older than them I'd FLIP!! On my child for being so careless, AND on the adults for interacting with them. Like its not like a family or neighborhood BBQ, you don't know who's behind the screen. who R they!?! Why are you befriending a 11 year old? like unless youre willing to get give me your real name, phone number, residential address, SSID, yr credit card #, and imma check ur criminal records. Then okay.

Long post but i just have a lot of feelings on this

take a shot every time u see the number 13

Last edited:
Back