ACNL Welcome Amiibo Cards - Series 5? Impossible to Find!

PiinkKittyy

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Is anyone else having problems finding these packs? I have looked on every major retail site in Canada/US and also looked online on game store websites in the UK and Australia and cannot for the life of me find any packs.

I have looked on ebay, but the prices for a single card plus shipping is more than the pack itself, and if I want to buy a pack on ebay, its $30-$50! Does anyone know online where I am able to buy a decently price pack of Welcome Amiibo Cards?

I'm pretty sure nintendo haven't made anymore, even at that, nowhere I've been to has restocked the series 1-4, and I've been lucky to find the packs I have. Unless nintendo finally decide to restock them, I doubt you're going to find them for a reasonable price :/

I've found a full booster box (which contains all 50 cards and some spares) that costs $109 (AUS dollars). That's the cheapest I can find on eBay.com.au, with free international shipping. Also, I find amazon.co.jp very helpful. Since it's the Japanese Amazon site, it's filled with Nintendo amiibo stuff, though it depends on your currency to determine the price.

Last edited:
I've spoken with some of the EBgames staff in Australia (the equivalent of GamesStop), and they only ever received a single small shipment of any season of the amiibo cards, and that as far as they were aware, they were no longer being produce.

So yeah, eBay is going to be your best bet. My girlfriend ended up buying boxed sets for series 2, 3, 4 & Welcome Amiibo. From a single box of Welcome Amiibo, you should get the entire set and some doubles. But the standard series, you'll likely be missing 1-2 cards.

Some people say the discontinued them. That's why I went crazy to collect the set in December

Luckily for me, I managed to collect most of the amiibo cards I wanted before the prices became so high. It's really kind of shameful that Nintendo can't provide enough amiibo card stock to satisfy the high demand. We shouldn't have to pay ridiculous prices to get them from scalpers. We should be able to go to the Nintendo website and order whatever we want. C'mon, it's a major video game business. Surely it can afford to restock amiibo cards.

Luckily for me, I managed to collect most of the amiibo cards I wanted before the prices became so high. It's really kind of shameful that Nintendo can't provide enough amiibo card stock to satisfy the high demand. We shouldn't have to pay ridiculous prices to get them from scalpers. We should be able to go to the Nintendo website and order whatever we want. C'mon, it's a major video game business. Surely it can afford to restock amiibo cards.

Yeah, by the time I realized that Welcome Amiibo cards had special unorderable furniture from HHD, it was too late to find them in stores. My jaw dropped at the prices though--$20 to $60 for single cards with anything worthwhile in the RVs? And $65 for one pack?! I would have to be insane to pay those kinds of prices! Nintendo could be making so much money if they re-released those things.

Is anyone else having problems finding these packs? I have looked on every major retail site in Canada/US and also looked online on game store websites in the UK and Australia and cannot for the life of me find any packs.

I have looked on ebay, but the prices for a single card plus shipping is more than the pack itself, and if I want to buy a pack on ebay, its $30-$50! Does anyone know online where I am able to buy a decently price pack of Welcome Amiibo Cards?

ikr :( I don't think Nintendo sells them anymore, so sadly they will be expensive like that. I've never even touched a welcome amiibo card because of this.

It's so hard to find them..... The only store outside my area that has them right now is Target that's 30.2 miles away from my house... and there's only 4 of them left in stock from what it's say in the Target website. I'll probably have to buy them on ebay, but they are expensive...

Ebay is a terrible place to buy amiibo cards. It's just a hotspot for scalpers. I recommend joining small trading groups on facebook or something. I've seen like Marshal's card for like $50 on ebay while I bought mine from at trading group for $5 ^-^

I should've bought a third pack when I had a chance, but I didn't want yo risk getting extras.

I should've bought a third pack when I had a chance, but I didn't want yo risk getting extras.

Yeah I bought way too many. I'm glad I did but I have a ton of extras. I'm trading them for series 1-4 though. People really want them

I haven't seen them anywhere either. Online trades are the only way I've been able to snag a couple, but seeing as how most people will only trade WA for other WA along with the outrageous sell prices online, the likelyhood of me ever completely the series is close to none. It's really frustrating, and I don't understand why Nintendo can't make any more. There is clearly a demand, so why not supply?

At this point, I feel like I have a better chance of seeing bigfoot than I do of finding a pack of WA lol

ikr :( I don't think Nintendo sells them anymore, so sadly they will be expensive like that. I've never even touched a welcome amiibo card because of this.

I will admit that I paid $15 for June's amiibo card because she moved without telling me. I'll never be able to get Ketchup's card though, because there's no way I'd pay $25 for it.

I was busy with school at the time of the update and didn't even update the game until this summer. I've been kicking myself for not paying attention at release so I could have gone to buy some WA cards.

I bought them on release day and bought out the rest of gamestop's cards at the store near me and they've since restocked but idk if they're discontinued now? Pretty sure they still have some and I've seen Target with them in stock on multiple occasions as well so I would recommend checking those retailers if you haven't or maybe checking again :)

Nintendo will release more December 2, but I don't know if they're the same cards or different ones.

- - - Post Merge - - -

On Amazon the whole pack of 50 goes for a ridiculous $280 USD! And I've seen the price of 1 single pack cost $95 USD!

Back