ACNL Welcome Amiibo Cards - Series 5? Impossible to Find!

eBay sell all the packs but very expensive! For UK we have a website called CEX where you can buy them for like 50p so if you have any in mind you really want then they have had them! I've got like 2 series 5 off there but they haven't done them in a while. eBay is your best bet. Expensive but if you really want them now you'll have to fork out

I've started making my own as the real cards are ridiculously expensive. Much cheaper and allows me to get the cards I want ;)

One day I will go to Las Vegas and with the gambling money from there I will instead go on ebay and spend it all on amiibo cards and tell everyone I lost money at Vegas instead D:<

Is this relatively easy to do?

Yup! All you need is an android phone with nfc and some nfc tags (ntag215), which you can buy pretty cheap online! There are some ez to follow guides that give you all the info you need :) If you're looking into it, I suggest following this [x]

The Etoile Sanrio card goes for $180 on ebay here in America. Luckily, I got the whole Sanrio series before people jacked up the prices

The Etoile Sanrio card goes for $180 on ebay here in America. Luckily, I got the whole Sanrio series before people jacked up the prices

WHUT?!?!?

I paid $15 for my Etoile on Ebay a few months ago.
I got it from France.

Guess I was lucky!

Seriously, those scalpers should be jailed. :-/

I was under the impression that Series 5 was just released in Japan? So it might be awhile before it is released elsewhere.

You don't wanna know what I just paid for a Wolf Link amiibo on Amazon, just to get the Wolf Link items. :(

WHY does this game make us have this need to obtain every single item ever made for it! O_O

Ahh.. Profit.

Last edited:
Yes - it was released in the US - but there was only one shipment of cards per store - they were gone in less than 2 weeks :eek:(

Oh? I remember seeing them on Amazon and in Walmart until at lest early 2017. But yeah, I get what you're saying. Lol, it's why I skipped the US versions and went straight for the JP cards. Ended up getting lucky with a booster pack and got all 50 in one go. :D

Can we link ebay here? Hey OP, if you don't mind Japanese cards, there's someone selling a 20 pack JP booster for $88 and some change USD, with free shipping. I bought a JP booster and got all 50 in the set, plus 10 extra. It's not guaranteed you'll get all the cards in one go, but I know that JP boosters have something like a 95% chance of it or something.

? Series 5 has been available in the US since December 2016.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I only just started playing ACNL in December 2017. Never even seen Series 5 sold online or in-stores, so I assumed it hasn't been released or doesn't exist just yet.

Back