• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you play any musical instruments?

I wish I did! I've played clarinet and violin in the past but I was not very good at either. No natural ability and I never practiced either...! I've always wished I could have learned the piano though...

i've played the cello since i was 4! i don't really take lessons anymore, but i'm in an orchestra (not school orchestra ew haha), and i play at two hospitals! :blush:

Do you play with a youth orchestra? I help out with the viola section at my local youth orchestra.

Do you play with a youth orchestra? I help out with the viola section at my local youth orchestra.

yesss i'm in a youth orchestra! it's pretty well renowned, but uhh internet safety so i didn't say which one it was :blush:
really glad we have something in common! i love the viola

yesss i'm in a youth orchestra! it's pretty well renowned, but uhh internet safety so i didn't say which one it was :blush:
really glad we have something in common! i love the viola

I love the cello lol! I recently helped out with a summer string camp, and we played St. Paul's Suite! I recommend listening to it, if you like classical music. We played the beginning and the end, which are now my favorites out the whole suite. I'm sorry I kind of went on a tangent lol.

I love the cello lol! I recently helped out with a summer string camp, and we played St. Paul's Suite! I recommend listening to it, if you like classical music. We played the beginning and the end, which are now my favorites out the whole suite. I'm sorry I kind of went on a tangent lol.

ooh i like st. paul's suite! and summer string camp sounds so fun- do you play with little kids? i have a seating audition coming up, and i'm so pleased to say we're playing the carmen suites no. 1 and no. 2 by bizet! it's such a well-known favorite (everyone knows chanson du toreador), and i'm really excited! (lol me too abt the tangent thing)

ooh i like st. paul's suite! and summer string camp sounds so fun- do you play with little kids? i have a seating audition coming up, and i'm so pleased to say we're playing the carmen suites no. 1 and no. 2 by bizet! it's such a well-known favorite (everyone knows chanson du toreador), and i'm really excited! (lol me too abt the tangent thing)

The summer camp is usually split up into two different orchestras - one with the little kids and another one with high schoolers. I was the principal viola for the "big kids" and I played a quintet. I'm actually preparing for an audition, as well! I'm playing Humoresque. It's one of my all time favorites!

The summer camp is usually split up into two different orchestras - one with the little kids and another one with high schoolers. I was the principal viola for the "big kids" and I played a quintet. I'm actually preparing for an audition, as well! I'm playing Humoresque. It's one of my all time favorites!

ahhh humoresque is so great! it's a favorite at one of the hospitals i play at! i play in the pediatric oncology department, and the kids think it's so funny when i put a story to the song (the story is about paying the rent and i think it's a v good story)

ahhh humoresque is so great! it's a favorite at one of the hospitals i play at! i play in the pediatric oncology department, and the kids think it's so funny when i put a story to the song (the story is about paying the rent and i think it's a v good story)

That's actually adorable! My viola teacher and I came up with a story for Humoresque. It has such a bouncy, light melody in the beginning. Then, it shifts to that dark section and it gives me chills, especially when i play it on viola. Have you ever heard of Norweigan Dances? It has this super cool violin line!

I play the clarinet. I may switch over to the oboe but I'm still not sure. I used to play the piano and the flute but they were quickly forgotten as I grew older. I like to keep my options open, you know?

I used to play the violin in elementary & middle school. I stopped before I got to high school though, cuz my social anxiety & awkwardness peaked & depression formed in middle school. I know I was fairly decent at it for my age, but I stopped playing it and going to the practices because I was so disenlightened & terrified of the exams & going to the school concerts. A bit sad really, because i regret not keeping at it, but I don't think I would have been able to anyway, what with how much family **** & problems went on during my preteen/early teenage years. eh, we're not all lucky, i would gladly pick it up again if i ever have money the buy one, but its not a priority. Music just isnt for me. My boyfriend, on the other hand plays drums, played the sax, and can play a bit of guitar.

Last edited:
I play the guitar, ukulele, bass guitar, piano, and flute. I still play the guitar and the bass guitar because of band practice, I only play the uke when I make song covers, but I haven't played the flute in AGES. Mostly because I'm not really interested anymore and I was forced to take it up when I was younger lol.

I plan on playing guitar by the end of 2018. I'll probably give up, but hey, you never know!

Sadly no. I wish I could learn like guitar or piano but yeah sadly too much for my brain to handle :v

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES I DOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The hype cannot be contained!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been playing piano for 11 1/2 years! If that isn't an accomplishment idk what is!!

I can also play guitar, violin, mandolin, *kinda* cornet, and trombone, but that's all I have. I could pick up any instrument and play a song on it. I've played double-bass, cello, hammer dulcimer, and penny flute also ^o^

See this is why you don't bring up musical instruments around me. I'm a piano junkie lmao

I've been playing piano (badly) since I was about 10. I'm a classical musician and I'm going to university for it next year, so I play a few. Clarinet is my main instrument, I play it in concert band (and will be in orchestra next year), I play saxophone in jazz band (used to play it in concert band), I also play flute (and piccolo), a bit of trumpet, and an even smaller bit of french horn. I'd say out of all I can play clarinet and saxophone the best. Piano has been something I've only been on and off doing and have never been fully committed, I'm definitely more than a beginner in level, but I still take lessons and I don't consider myself good at it.

Last edited:
I can play the ukulele and I'm learning the ocarina o uo

i was in orchestra, i played the violin. all these years and i still managed to learn by ear and not by notes. cant bother to remember notes haha.

Last edited:
Back