• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you play any musical instruments?

I can't play any instruments right now, but I've always wanted to learn how to play the saxophone!

I used to play trombone but now that I'm transferring high schools I have to quit because I couldn't put band in my schedule.

I used to play the piano, but my teacher was always telling me to practice (as a teacher would/should) and I just couldn't be bothered. I now play the drums, which is really enjoyable, as you can make up sick beats. :)

I haven't picked up an instrument in years but I used to play the flute & violin (actively). Every once in a while I'd practice the guitar and ukulele and a little bit of piano. Also used to take percussion lessons when I was younger and now I'm wishing I had continued to put more time in learning/practicing a few instruments but not having enough time to do anything has been worrying me lately. :(

Not that it's the hardest instrument to play or anything but I'm fairly decent on the tin whistle. Spent 70 bloody euro on a good quality one too!

DON'T QUIT PIANO YOU'LL REGRET IT SO MUCH...
or not, if you're willing to teach yourself like i was. But yes, i'm a musician.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I played cello for 7 years from middle school to high school

the cello is absolutely beautiful. I would love to learn but i can't afford one, so i'm learning violin instead :)

Last edited:
I play the violin, and i might be getting a bass guitar for my birthday~

I can proudly say I know how to play Mary Had A Little Lamb on a piano only because of a Barney the Dinosaur Piano book.

I can also play a Train Whistle....Is that an instrument?

Oh...and I somehow without music sheets or lessons or anything that could teach me how to play piano taught myself blindly how to play Jolly Old St. Nicholas.

I play piano. And ah yeah I see how it is like, to train and lesson desperately for exam.
At some point in the past someone who was a wife of professor at most famous music school in my country and who I adored taught me, that I'm excellent at piano, and actually I won some contests, but if I was gonna choose to be a professional pianist there's a good chance that I can't just enjoy playing piano anymore. I thought about it to myself for awhile, and chose to not be a professional.
And piano is my words, half of myself, since then.

Nope. Parents tried to have me learn keyboard, didn't work. Mandatory recorder in 4th grade, didn't work out. Played violin through 6-7th grade, though I started avoiding classes in 7th grade due to my horrific and verbally abusive teacher (there is a special place for that woman and it's not in my heart) it was terrible and I hated it. I'll never touch and intrusment again, though I really want to.

Last edited:
I played violin and viola for a year then played the saxophone for a year.
I wanna do violin again, it was fun.

note: the sax is not fun if you have asthma

I play the bass guitar and then I can play acoustic/electric passably.

i play guitar!! and plan on learning how to play drums!

Back