• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you play any musical instruments?

I used to play flute from 5th grade to 10th grade, but ultimately had to quit because marching band takes up too much credit and I wouldn't have been able to graduate on time.

I would take lessons once a week and enter in those merit exams. Marching band was pretty fun and intense. I don't miss band camp though.

When I was in high school I played Clarinet/Bass Clarinet and Tenor/Bari Sax for Jazz Band. I really miss it to be honest and I would love to get back into it if I had the money to purchase an instrument.

I played the violin in elementary school... I don't really know how to play anything really, I can sing though.

I play the violin/fiddle (I gave up on doing the exams I hated them), ukulele, paino, guitar, tin whistle, and I sing. tbh give me any instrument and I can more or less play something on it

I play the Saxophone. I know, it's a funny instrument, but I was really good at playing it. I was so good that I was literally put in a musical to play the Sax. I still have that Sax beside my bed, but I don't play it because my life is working and playing ACNL now.

I used to play the clarinet back in grade school. I wasn't that good back then

Now that I'm much older, I would love to learn electric guitar or something but I am not sure how good I would be. I am pretty intimidated by instruments now honestly. Especially because high school had some traumatic clarinet moments

ive been playing the clarinet for nearly 5 years now, and the alto saxophone for almost 4. its TONS of fun. i actually prefer playing the sax a lot more though??

i also played the ukulele at one point? i literally know no notes now though lmao

I currently play classical guitar. I started playing acoustic but then I got into this free music program and started to play classical so that's cool. My technique isn't particularly good though :D

I can play the saxophone but I'm not very good anymore. It's the first instrument I took upon myself to learn for school band (from like year 6 to 9) but after my teacher moved out of the country I stopped and didn't continue in high school. I recently bought one second hand though so I'm teaching myself again! I can play the ukulele as well and I know several chords by ear I guess, but I don't own one at the moment.

Good luck with your exam! I always thought piano was super intimidating. I played it for a while too (mum made me) and I remember my instructor was really strict and traditional. It took the enjoyment out of playing for me.

i've played the cello since i was 4! i don't really take lessons anymore, but i'm in an orchestra (not school orchestra ew haha), and i play at two hospitals! :blush:

My mom forced me to learn how to play the keyboard. Haven't played in years but they taught us only easy songs anyway.

Well, took up playing the tuba in 5th grade for the school orchestra, and now I'm in the school marching band, so that's nice

I used to own an ocarina though I'm not sure why I ever bought one as I knew jack squat about playing music and underestimated how difficult it'd be for me. I no longer own that ocarina and don't really have a drive to play music to be honest.

Last edited:
I am more of a semi professional vocalist but can play some piano and ukulele!

Originally, When I was in 6th grade (3 years ago) I totally "forgot" to submit electives, so I got stuck in musical class. I was actually half-interested, So I wanted to try out the trumpet! Turns out, I'm still completely lazy as usual. In one class, We we're watching the star-spangled banner song so we could write down the lyrics... And I was asleep the entire time. (yup, I was sleeping on the chair) and my teacher didn't notice until the end of the video, but I seriously doubt she even noticed even after it.

I play piano, clarinet, bass clarinet, and some guitar. I used to play bassoon but who knows if I could still play lol.

I used to play piano and trumpet back in middle school, but haven't had the chance since.
When I get my own place soon, hoping to resume.

Learning a musical instrument can be really great for you in many ways. Its been shown to increase comprehension skills, its a great outlet for expression and venting emotion, and it can be used socially too. I recommend all of you to continue and find some music that you really enjoy and learn how to play those songs in particular.

Back