• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ideas for Victorian-style furniture

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
I'm trying to do my house (or at least the main living room) in a Victorian style. Currently, I have some rococo furniture, but that's been used so much, I'd like to do something else. I'm coming up blank on ideas, though. The only other one I can think of might be classic, but again, used an awful lot.

I've already passed all HHA goals, so now I'm decorating for myself. That means things don't have to all match, and eclectic combinations would be fine.

If anyone has ideas, I'd be glad to hear them.

living room.jpg

Here's what the room currently looks like. It isn't bad, but it could be improved.

maybe princess or gorgeous furniture might fit your theme. a chaise lounge could fit. i could also suggest regal but I think it's a bit simple for a victorian home. maybe make one of your rooms a walk-in closet full of outfits from those times? just search victorian style furniture and some results might pop up.

Rococo, Classic, Gracie's Gorgeous set, and Regal are some that I think would work. Maybe some of Pave's items. I would just use what you like the best from each and mix it up.

Claude's RV has a couple of elegant pieces that I think would work as well. Other RV items would be Vivian's mirror, Piper's round-cloth table, Sandy's serving cart, Julia's candelabra, and Ellie's iron garden table and chair.

Thanks for the suggestions! I forgot about the gorgeous set. Mixing that in with some of the others might do the trick. I'll check out the RVs, as well.

This is why I love tapping into the Hive Mind. :D

Princess, Gorgeous, Classic or Regal would work in that room. Maybe add some house plants to make it look like aclectic

Definitely Princess, Rococo, Regal, and Gorgeous. Gorgeous is a Gracie brand though...so it's going to be higher up on the money.

Last edited:
Thanks, all!

My upstairs bedroom has regal furniture, so I probably won't duplicate that downstairs, but I could mix the other three together. Princess is a Gracie brand, as well, isn't it? I've got plenty of bells, so that isn't a huge hardship, especially if I wanted to just pick certain items. :)

Also, the idea of the phonograph is good. It would mix in with the more ornate furniture, as well.

Peacock chair, chais lounge, moth orchid, harp or virgo harp, antique camera, antique telescope, cool globe, lovely doll, music stand, antique clock., pendalum clock, any of the zodiac pieces, console table or zen low table.
You probably meant sets, didn't you?

- - - Post Merge - - -

checkout counter, pipe organ, most instruments, harpsichord, piano (up right or normal), statues such as merlion, victorious statues, art of that time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have conservatory in my house's back room

Oh! They also have a vintage camera and phone, they could go pretty well with those themes as well.

Actually, now that I'm looking at both the gorgeous and princess series again, I think the gorgeous would mix in nicely with some remade classic items for my library.

20170804_142659.jpg

I currently have the classic sofa done in violet chocolate. It would have similar warm tones as the gorgeous furniture.

Not terribly in love with that table, and moving things around to make little reading areas would be fun.

Then princess with a couple of rococo pieces in the living room should round it out.

Yay! Thanks again for all your suggestions, everyone!

Back