What are you interested in? (Possibly find lifeforms with similar tastes)

Favourite Game(s): Professor Layton, Picross, Persona 3/4
Favourite Book(s): Fruits Basket, Unwind, Kamikaze Girls, Foxfire
Hobbies: toy collecting
Other?: I like AIBOs, Voltron Legendary Defender, Neopets, and Revolutionary Girl Utena

Favourite Game(s): Minecraft, Mario Kart 8, GTA 5, Modern Warfare 2
Favourite Book(s): Asylum
Favourite Movie(s): Bolt, studio ghibli
Favourite Sport: none
Hobbies: music, video games
Other?: I like Kpop.

Last edited:
Video Games
*RPGs, but I'll play anything except Sports games.
Anime
*I'm more of a fan of the older stuff. Things like Yu Yu Hakusho, Hellsing, Witchblade, Outlaw Star, Tenchi Muyo. But I have been keeping up with Dragon Ball Super every week, and I have watched newer things like One Punch Man and Assassination Classroom.
Comics
*Mainly stuff from DC or Marvel, but I'll give anything a go. I've read over 3,600 comics since July of last year. I know because I track it! - https://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/profile/nerdhouse/read-list

Comic Books
Mostly Marvel and DC, but I also read TMNT from IBW and the Millennium trilogy comics. At the moment I'm obsessed with Harley Quinn, so I'm looking to back order Suicide Squad and her solo comic. But X-Men will always be my go-to comic.

Anime
At the moment, I'm rewatching Rurouni Kenshin and Madoka Magicka. I never finished RK when it was originally aired on Toonami because my family was poor and we had our cable turned off. As for Madoka, I just need a refresher before I move onto the movies. Plus, I love seeing the looks on people's faces when they realize the pure evil that is Kyubeey.

Netflix
In the middle of Th1rteen R3asons Why and I need to catch up on their original Marvel series. Plus, Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter. And Doctor Who and Star Trek. Plus, any movie that was based on a book.

Music
I've been exploring rock music lately cause its all my kinda-sorta-boyfriend listens to. I'm always on the lookout for new Jpop and Jrock, but One OK Rock will always be my favorite.

Books
Books will always be my first love. I'm participating in the Goodreads reading challenge, and I run a book blog via Wordpress. I'm hoping that, eventually, I'll gain enough followers that I'll be able to request ARCs (Advanced Reading Copies) but for now, I'm just reviewing whatever I check out of my local library. Which is a lot.

Favourite Game(s): Alice in Madness: Returns, Don't Starve, Just Dance, any mmorpg game, The sims & many more but im too lazy to name all,,,
Favourite Book(s): Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe, Quarantine: The Loners & Speak
Favourite Movie(s): anything made by ghibli, Marley and me (made me cry like a lil bih), & all disney/animated movies,,,
Favourite Sport: Volleyball! I would like to try softball thooo
Hobbies: Drawing, writing stories or making comics inspired by my dreams, & Playing a lot of video games
Other?: I like jazz music!

Favourite Game(s): persona (4 is my favorite out of them all), fallout 4, overwatch, animal crossing, pokemon, project diva/mirai, fire emblem, legend of zelda and many, many more.
Favourite Book(s): lolita (i get so mad when people romanticize the book, so if you like it and do that, please dont contact me.) and flowers in the attic.
Favourite Movie(s): scream (only the first one), kiki's delivery service, the outsiders, corpse bride, the nightmare before christmas and lolita (again, same thing i said about the book.)
Favourite Sport: to play: tennis/track, to watch: hockey/basketball
Hobbies: drawing, singing, playing video games, reading, writing, sewing, baking.. etc
Other?: not really haha

A weird nerd who likes animation (including anime, Disney and even old cartoons) and video games. However, outside of that, I like academics and languages.

Kingdom Hearts (Casual)(My favorites are KH1 and KH2, while my not surprisingly least favorite is Chain of Memories)
Smash Bros (although I really dislike Smash 4 [please don't hurt me])(Die-hard casual)(I love Brawl. Melee and 64 are on the same tier below it.)
Mario Kart (Wii and Double Dash are my favorites. I kinda like 8 just the same, but it's missing something magical to me that those two seem to lack)
Super Mario (Sunshine is my top favorite)
Puyo Puyo
Guitar Hero (I really have only played 3: Legends of Rock and Live)
Theathrhythm
Rhythm Heaven
Yokai Watch
Mario & Sonic Olympics (I mostly like the first one in the Beijing 2008 Olympics, the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics and the Rio 2016 Olympics)
Animal Crossing :p (New Leaf isn't my favorite [don't hurt me]. That would ironically go for the first one I played, City Folk. I also like the rest of the, actually all more than New Leaf [puts up shield out of fear])
Dragon Quest (I love 7 and 8)
Wario Ware
Fortune Street
Donkey Kong Country (I started with Returns and that's my favorite. I'm not very familiar with the older games and never finished Tropical Freeze, but I like the series)
Pokemon (only interested in older gens before Kalos region)
Art Academy (although that series is pretty much dead now)
Wii series games (I love Wii Sports, Fit, Sports Resort, Music, Party and Wii Play including their sequels)
MySims (although that series is pretty much dead now)
Zelda (not all that interested, but I like games like Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask)
NES Remix
F-Zero (only the first one)
Pilotwings
Pikmin (I like them all, including Hey! Pikmin)
Brain Age
Sonic (and if you wonder, yes I like Sonic 06, Sonic Black Knight, Sonic and the Secret Rings and Shadow the Hedgehog)
Luigi's Mansion
GTA (The 3D universe games are my favorites)
Kirby

My ideas on retro games are hit or miss. I don't really have any specific preferences on retro games. Generally though, things like story, stability and how well things like controls have aged compared to games in the series or same genre in the modern day may influence my opinion about them.

Anime
Fullmetal Alchemist
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
One Piece
Yokai Watch
Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball Super
Himouto Umaru Chan
Kirby Right Back At Ya
Sonic X
Dinosaur King
Bakugan

Old cartoons
Looney Toons
Popeye
Betty Boop

Western Cartoons
Code Lyoko
Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Fairly Odd Parents
Robot & Monster
Totally Spies (I for some reason liked this as a kid)
House of Mouse
Class of 2000
Camp Lazlo
Chowder
Spongebob
Robot Chicken
Family Guy (and all of their spinoffs)
South Park
Aqua Team Hunger Force
You can also include TV show spinoffs of any of the movies I mentioned as well
*I'm probably missing some, but that's a close to all of them*

Movies
Mostly Disney and DreamWorks

Finding Nemo
Finding Dory
Monster's Inc
Monster's University
Big Hero 6
Mulan
Beauty and the Beast
Lilo and Stich (all of them I guess)
The Incredibles
Toy Story (all of them)
The Little Mermaid
Cars (I guess all of them)
Home
Madagascar (all of them)
Surf's Up
Open Season (all of them)
*I'm probably missing some, but that's a close to all of them*

I'm an autodidact so I continue my education at home even outside of school. It has been a big effort as I've had to buy seperate school supplies for things like notes and such, and I have to of course put in the time and dedication, but I find it very fun and rewarding when I do it. I mostly like to study languages and math. I like to study science and history as well to learn about the past and how the world works. Humanities such as classic literature, philosophy, religion etc. also apply as things I like to learn about.

Math
I'm trying to study math all the way to Calculus, and I can say conclusively that I'm definitely getting there with Algebra 2 and Precal study. I mostly do this by studying math on a more scientific level with learning about things such as postulates/axioms, theorems, properties and origins of formulas and applying them in higher more complex math. This is averse to what schools normally teach with a paint by numbers, step by step approach.

Personally, my favorite form of math is Geometry because of the problem solving and logic that is required in the discipline especially considering it is the most postulate and theorem heavy one in math. Algebra is fun, but it's abstractness makes it a pain to explain to others who may not be able to process some of it's mathematical concepts outside of an on-the-surface level.

Languages
As for languages, I personally like to recite things, use my imagination when doing things like conversations and reading comprehension exercises and stuff like that. I also try to apply words to meanings rather than relying on English translations (as this often will do more harm than help), and even search up more about words or grammar I might be confused on.

My favorite languages are Spanish, German, Japanese, Arabic and Chinese. Mostly because of their linguistic features that are fun to play around with and learn. This mostly has to do with conjugation patterns and vocabulary structure. I also like studying English on an advanced level as well.

I mostly like to use stuff websites like Khan Academy, Duolingo, TinyCards, Mango Languages, Memrise as well as YouTube channels such as the channels by innovative language like SpanishPod101 and small language learning channels. Generally, I use intervention/study aid books for academics such as books by Barron and Princeton Review. I also use language books such as Living Language and Teach Yourself.

hi i like ice water

icewater.jpg

chillv, MySims was GOLDEN. And the Agent and Kingdom games!? Those are sooooooooooooo underrated

- - - Post Merge - - -

pizzapie44, I like ice water too. I also love your signature. I've seen it before. Who made that edit?

Ace Attorney is the bomb dot com

chillv, MySims was GOLDEN. And the Agent and Kingdom games!? Those are sooooooooooooo underrated

- - - Post Merge - - -

pizzapie44, I like ice water too. I also love your signature. I've seen it before. Who made that edit?

Ace Attorney is the bomb dot com

i have no idea who made this. i've had this on my laptop for like a year and i just found it recently with no memory of ever downloading it. though im pretty sure i found it on the ace attorney wiki somewhere

oo this is such a cool thread :~) ill have to read some of the comments later,

Favourite Game(s): animal crossing new leaf (duhh), pikmin, cooking mama & that's really it.
Favourite Book(s): don't currently have any
Favourite Movie(s): shutter island, jacobs ladder, coraline , the others , suspiria
Favourite Sport: swimming
Hobbies: drawing, even tho i suck at it
Other?: err i really like fashion, the office, horror movies, halloween, traveling & cats

Back