Whats wrong with Jock villagers?

Pansear-and-Nana

✣✾Stupid Monkey✾✣
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Red Rose
I get that Uchi villagers are disliked because of their tomboyish/rude personality towards the player but I don't get jocks? Sure many jock villagers look... unnerving... But I still don't understand about the thing of their personality in which it makes them disliked about.

I used to have a jock in my town, in which it is Iggly. I liked Iggly from the start and he was never mean to me. He was very encouraging and then he left my town. Before I knew he was a tier 6 villager, I liked his appearance that I grew soft. I wish I kept him though, there's not many non-repetitive species jocks out there that I like. Iggly was the ONLY jock I had in Pinwheel, but he certainly won't be the last.

So what's wrong with Jocks? Oddly, the popular jocks I dislike are Genji and Bam. Unpopular jocks such as Iggly, Boone, and Flip gets to me for some reason(not because Flip is a monkey but he would make a funny addition for my town).

When I first played the game, the one in my town was Moose, whom I disliked with a passion. That and the name of the personality type itself really turned me off (because I have negative associations with jocks - think more inconsiderate frat boy than someone who's just athletic and into sports).

Once I met other jocks that I liked more, the type became one of my favorites! I'm not the most active person, but I find their spirit really motivating. To me they're similar in their role to the peppies in that they fill the town with a lively, refreshing energy *wooooo* ^o^

Last edited:
I don't care for jocks because so much of their personality revolves around sports and working out. I don't like sports, so they bore me. Kid Cat is the only jock I really liked.

I don't care for jocks because so much of their personality revolves around sports and working out. I don't like sports, so they bore me.
THIS!! And they also say stupid words such as brozinsky or ladybro, they irritate me a lot :mad:

Last edited:
I think they're cute and somewhat motivating, but like the others said above they kinda irk me with the sports talk and cheesy nicknames. Just a bit. They seem to be more of a theme than an actual personality, if that makes sense. (I don't think it does..)

I think it's good to always have one jock in your town though. My favorite jocks are Genji, Boone, Frobert, and Drift. :D

Last edited:
I never figured Uchis were rude. I kinda understood heir tomboyish personality. They're like "Hey, kid, I'm just watchin' out for ya, okay?", almost like they're female jocks. But as for Jocks, they always seem like coaches towards the mayor, providing moral support, and all that. I don't mind that, personally. Given that I see my mayor being a very lazy individual, I can see jocks pushing him to his limit to keep himself in shape, to a comedic sense.

They're kinda boring imo. I had two jocks in my town before and it was not pleasant. Rod being super small and not-jocky makes things a bit cuter!

I like jocks. I enjoy their dumb humor and just overall being a goofball, in my opinion. Goose keeps saying the weirdest things to me and it helps too when I make a catchphrase that matches their personality.

They make me laugh. It's fun too when you had one move into a friend's town, and speak to them again. They scold you thinking you slacked off in working out.

I like jocks, I didn't know they were so disliked. I think they're funny and I don't see what the big deal is :p I also didn't know uchis were disliked for being tomboyish, that's so silly lol

I like some of the jocks. Peck moved into my town at one point and I really liked him, sadly after giving me 3 pics, he moved away though. :(

I never figured Uchis were rude. I kinda understood heir tomboyish personality. They're like "Hey, kid, I'm just watchin' out for ya, okay?", almost like they're female jocks. But as for Jocks, they always seem like coaches towards the mayor, providing moral support, and all that.

This exactly. I find both the jocks and uchi very caring, albeit in a pushy way. To me that just balances the soft kindness of the normals, which I appreciate. The best way to explain why I like my jocks is that I felt like they had my back since day one. Like they'll still be our number one fan, no matter if we actually exercise or not.

I don't know, in a way their sport talk amuses me because I don't normally care about sports *shrug*

I don't see anything wrong with them. Just the nicknames that they suggest to you (Muscles? Really?). I run around in my Kiki and Lala dress all day and they'll still be like, "oh, how bout we call you beefcake?" and I'll be like, no way hosay.

I like the jocks that I've had. I enjoy their encouraging personality. Right now Frobert is my jock which is funny because he is so small.

I used to not like the jocks very much. But recently I've turned around and I think their dialogue is actually pretty funny. I've also recently gotten into fitness so as weird as it sounds, they're dialogue can be quite encouraging to get off my butt and work out xD my fav jocks are probably Tybalt, Snake and Kid Cat.

Apparently they're the villager personality with the most villagers. I do really like them though, probably my favorite male personality if I'm being honest.

They're so funny!!! My first jock was Peck and I laugh so hard with his dialogue, here is a typical phrase: "Hey, Mercedes check me out! ...No, I'm not talking about my clothes! I wanted you to appreciate my rippling muscles! I think of clothes as the icing on the scrumptious cake that is my jaw-dropping physique! Haha!"
How I'm suposse to not laugh at this?!
Now I have Genji at my town :)~

I don't get why people don't like jock villagers either. But then again there are some sports I am really into so I like when they are all into it anyway.

My favorite, Sparro, is a jock so...

I hate sport in every possible way, so that's something. Second, I've always had jock villagers I didn't like, and I've started to get bored of them. I don't like how they talk about sweaty socks in their house. Ugh. :(

Back