• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your work like

tumut

bobo
Pear 🍐
Mango 🥭
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
Chao Easter Egg
Chao Easter Egg
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I just got my first job at a warehouse and I have to operate a forklift and work 12 hour shifts it's crazy. I get paid $13.75 an hour though, and only have to work 3 days a week so I'm pretty satisfied with it, I'll probably be here for a good 6 months until college.

I get paid less than minimum wage and barely get any work.
Being a freelance artist is fun

I work with weapons all day and workout. I get paid around $18,000 a year with medical and dental benefits and I get to live in Hawaii and travel the world.

I'm an artist. I think the most important thing in life is peace of mind and happiness, and I think art gives you the power to both make yourself happy and feel at ease, and make others happy and feel at ease, so it's really ideal for me.

As for an actual job, I don't have one yet. The last amount of money I received was ?5.00, and it was for a 3D model commission.

Generally, 3D models can be worth as much as ?100+, depending on their complexity, but it was a quick nudge of interest over on Reddit, so I didn't mind.

I think I'd have a lot more success if I started posting my art in more places, but I have some anxiety issues regarding having my work spread all across the Internet, so it's proving rather tricky right now.

I'm a 3rd year teacher. I'm 18 hours into my masters so I make close to $40 k a year with full benefits. It's not much but even despite lots of medical bills and other bills I still maintain some savings and live alone in an apartment to support myself.The staff I work with are great and I like kids, although some can be frustrating. I think the hardest part is every year there's always something new we have to learn and do as well as working with some parents.

Work in software. The work environment is super chill and relaxed. Work can be interesting or monotonous depending on what you're doing. Making $23/hour.

I do audio and visual tech for student organizations at my uni. It's $10 an hour, and only 20 hours a week, but the schedule is VERY flexible and that's pretty important to me. And, it's good experience and resume building!

Well I do office/clerical work. I do some work on phones but I also do billing and general paperwork for the building. It's part time right now but I am really happy there!

I clean and clean and clean non stop 40 hours a week. My body is sore and tired everyday. The pay is low, but has decent benifits. You learn just how lazy, inconsiderate, and rude people can be when you have a cleaning job. Appreciate the janitors at your school and work. Learn their names, and smile and say hello once in awhile. :)

Handyman, House cleaner, house/pet sitter.
I paint signs.

Pharmacy assistant. Not that great, been there almost two years, can be a bit of a toxic environment to be in sometimes

Full time Artist and gallery management

Also currently doing my masters degree in contemporary fine art but that finishes in September so I'll need a full time job because art is exhausting (the correspondence/liasing/promoting side). Like little pay-out for so much input, but then again I never started it for money or fame, yet here I am trying to make a career of it.

marking and creating trails with a bunch of immature kids but same so its all good. i think im forever sunburnt tho

11pm-7am front desk/security at a motel that is not a great motel nor is it in a good area. I am miserable working there, but I get decent hours and the pay isn't bad.

Sending out quotations for spare parts to clients, and then ordering and dispatching said spare parts. Doing occasional odd jobs in the workshop. Loading and unloading deliveries with the forklift. Arranging documentation and flights for technicians. Modifying technical and electrical drawings.

And other random administration tasks.

Back