• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Does anyone else not care for ORAS?

Twisterheart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Mint
Lobo
White Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
It seems like everyone loved ORAS, but I could never get into it. I got it for Christmas 2014, and right away I had a hard time getting into it. The story wasn't very interesting to me, and I didn't like most of the Pokemon so my team wasn't very good. By the time I reached the Elite Four, I quit and haven't picked up the game until now. I thought that after all this time if I started over I would enjoy it more, but yet again it feels like a complete drag. I don't know if it's because I never played the original or what.

ORAS is the only Pokemon game I've felt like this with. I loved X which was my first Pokemon game, and I loved Moon as well. I literally couldn't put those two games down, I was so addicted to playing them. I really expected to feel the same way with ORAS, but I didn't. Does anyone else feel like this?

No, personally those ORAS remakes are the best one released for 3DS. X/Y was way too graphical and unless you had a good sense of direction and/or remembered every single city/town you were pretty much done, and I hated that large (early glitch) city. Sure it had some good Pok?mon and you could customize but doesn't outweigh they started to abuse graphics and size of the world.

Sun/Moon are way too much holding hands, too diverse Pok?dex in my opinion and in general I hate the fact that they pretty much hid that it works worse on old 3ds models (yet playable).

ORAS is kind of meh. I was hoping for Battle Frontier and kind of lost motivation to beat the game when I heard it wasn't there. I also prefer Pok?mon Emerald because you could battle Team Magma and Team Aqua.

Nope, I didn't even buy them. Wasn't hyped at all when they were announced. It was probably mostly because I still own all the versions on GBA and replay them sometimes, so for me it didn't feel like it had been ages since I'd experienced Hoenn. Besides, the original games were already basically perfect as far as Pok?mon games go imo & are extremely nostalgic for me, so I wasn't all that excited to see them remade in X/Y graphics (kind of hated the X/Y engine personally lol even if I did like the game). Plus I was kinda piqued that they took away character customization again, and the lack of Battle Frontier was just WOW lazy - the supposed reason why it wasn't included is super dumb too. I'm really glad I skipped & waited for Moon.

ALSO it felt a little cheap how you could get basically every legendary from random portals, but that's rly just me. I honestly miss legendaries having like little quests to find them but o well, the braille thing to get the Regis can never really be outdone hahah

I always thought Hoenn seemed like a cool region, but honestly I can hardly name any Pokemon outside of Jirachi, Sceptile, and Altaria that I really like from the region so it remains the only gen I haven't played.

I never really got into it either, I received it for my birthday but never really felt like going back to it. I still haven't finished it!

I loved it! It's the best 3DS Pokemon game (though given it's competition, that's not saying much). They brought Hoenn back to life and both stayed loyal and added new things to keep it fresh. Plus the character development was amazingly done.

I actually liked Alpha Sapphire so much it inspired me to finally beat Pokemon Black, purchase Black 2, X, Y, and Omega Ruby AND complete my Pokedex (without trading (minus starters and mythicals) Imported about 300 'mon from my gen 4 games so I had a head start)

My second play through wasn't so great though.. dreaded all the water exploration and I hated my team so I found it boring so I gave up and came back only to complete my Pokedex. I discovered having a team I like makes me enjoy the game a lot more. Cool Pok?mon > type coverage

So I guess I agree and disagree at the same time lol

It was alright, in my opinion a definite improvement on X/Y, but after X/Y the pokedex felt a bit limited, since there were only really Hoenn pokemon avaliable. The story was decent, but nothing spectacular, enough to leave you with a slight fuzzy feeling after playing but there weren't too many memorable scenes or plot points. Also I can physically not stand the region when it comes to the physical aspect.. There's way too much water and all of the towns feel a bit empty. There was hardly any memorable music either. Also having access to mega Latios/Latias so early on is ridiculously overpowered. The game wasn't even that difficult, with a decently balanced and semi appropriate level team the elite for is a breeze. Sure it was harder then X/Y but that's not much of a milestone. I expected Steven's battle to be at least challenging, but that ended up being a disappointment too. His Metagross doesn't even carry earthquake, so any steal/rock type (such as Aggron) can destroy him. His hardest was definitely Cradily.
That said the more exciting parts of the story were enjoyable to play through, and I don't completely hate ORAS as it is, just as a remake there's a lot more that could've been done.

My opinion is that ORAS wasn't too great. it lost most of the good features that were included in X and Y, it repeated a plot from a previous game I played and didn't add new Pok?mon, it even dropped clothes and hats etc. However, XY were the first to introduce the new graphics which were amazing! It added a whole new reigon and a whole lot more. Sure ORAS left md feeling quite emotional afterwards since I've always adored Maxie but overall, I wouldmuch rather spend my money on something i had a better expexperience with

Oh man I like... didn't even beat all 8 gym leaders. I think I beat the first one (I don't even remember what the first one was)... or maybe I beat none at all LMAO. I've never made such little progress in a pokemon game like idk what happened to me. my first pokemon game was Heargold which I got in like 2010 and it's still my favourite pokemon game I've played to date. I liked black and white (didn't get too far with b/w2 but at least I beat the 8 gym leaders, pff) and I was completely obsessed with pokemon X. So I honestly don't know why I didn't get far in ORAS, I haven't touched in since 2014 when I got it, I believe. And Sun and Moon seemed like a complete joke to me, so I didn't even bother getting one of those. :/

I thought I was the only one :/ I have emerald as well as Alpha Sapphire but had a hard time getting into both I feel like I got lost and/or bored with both of them and never finished...I guess I'm just not the biggest Hoenn fan

I'm not the biggest Hoenn fan to begin with so I agree they are harder to get through.

Yet if I had to join any organization it would be Team Aqua lol

i finished as twice, and i bought or too. i'm not sure why i bought or, i did play through it and finish the elite, but that's as far as i went with that playthrough. i'm not sure if i'll play it again, i think i tired it out a bit too much, but it was a good story, and i liked playing it a lot.

As someone who was very disappointed with R/S when they were released, I was actually quite impressed with OR/AS. The only thing I didn't like about them was the removal of the customization feature from X/Y. Otherwise, I felt like the games went some ways to redeem R/S.

I'll certainly take OR/AS over Sun/Moon anyday. OR/AS were fully-fledged games that had a very engaging post-game and so many Pokemon to catch... And a National Dex, which apparently isn't something that Gamefreak considers necessary anymore with Sun/Moon. *sigh*

I think playing and enjoying the originals helped immensely. I've enjoyed every single remake FireRed/LeafGreen, HeartGold/SoulSilver, OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire because I enjoy the way they bring games I previously enjoyed up-to-date graphics and mechanics with current games I play. I'm still playing Pokemon Red right now mostly because I'm finally going to get all 150 but having to use Submission on Poliwrath since it's the only 'viable' fighting move even though I detest recoil attacks is frustrating (Low Kick is weak, Seismic Toss has set damage, Karate Chop is normal type). But FRLG has Brick Break. HGSS doesn't have an internal battery that drains in five years so I can keep playing the same save and use the clock.

ORAS brings back day/night mechanics that should never have left, updates to the physical/special split and makes the Hoenn region easier to play. I was, however, disappointed they didn't use more elements from Emerald like they did in HGSS by having Eusine and making Suicune more important (a la Crystal). Not just that but they expanded Crystal's Battle Tower into a Battle Frontier. ORAS didn't have separate fights against Team Aqua and Team Magma like in Emerald and the Magma base from Jagged Pass never returned and they just copied the Battle Maison from XY instead of the Battle Tower from RS (basically identical I know) or what I would say was the best Battle Frontier in terms of facilites from Emerald. I think I read the developers didn't believe we needed massive amounts of post-game content, ie. the Battle Frontier, but I can't remember their reasoning but I remember thinking it seemed like a cop-out and I wasn't happy with it.

It was only one of two Pokemon games that got away from me (I don't count Platinum). The game looks great, and I'm a really big fan of gen 3, but when the game came out, I didn't have a 3ds. If I were to get the game now, it'd really just be for the story and gameplay, and I'm not necessarily sure if that's worth the $20-25 I'd pay for the game. It looks fine, but I'll have to give it a medium view.

I personally wish I could get ORAS.
I have a 3DS, But I doubt I'm going to buy it.
I love Pokemon Silver,
I also love Pokemon Pearl and Black.
Why would people not care about ORAS?

Woow.. I thought EVERRYONE was like me and binged it then beat it in a week! Then recently i replayed and beat it in another week...
Personally RSE was my first gen i play and Ahem "got it on my computer" so when i learned about the HIGHLY anticipated remake ( really thought they woulda done a remake in 5 but no..) i instantly preordered.. a few months after it was pre orderable....
I love it to this day *heart

Back