Tarantula Crazy

WinteryGarnet

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
3427-3714-6504
So, I've been hunting for a tarantula for awhile and I'm going a little nutty XD someone should entertain me or share your mutual loathing for tarantula hunting.
The first scorpion I saw, I caught. Tarantulas however, the first one poofed, the second one fell into the river, and the third one poofed. This is not to mention the hours spent walking around town and refreshing without finding anything.

Save me!! :p

I finally caught one yesterday but I swear I think I had about a 95% about to be mauled but I was desperate.

I found another near my cliff and just watched it frantically run and it would slightly climb vertically down. Too spooky.

Last edited:
I finally caught one yesterday but I swear I think I had about a 95% about to be mauled but I was desperate.

I found another near my cliff and just watched it frantically run and it would slightly climb vertically down. Too spooky.

That's kind of how I caught my scorpion. It was right about to attack, but I managed to throw the net down in time. Now I'm just hoping to have the same luck. Nothing so far XP
Do you have both of them then? Tarantula and scorpion? Once I have both I'm never trying to catch them again XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Right as I say that a tarantula spawned outside of my house and I was attacked :(
I hate this XD

No, nope, didn't want to hear that *shivers*

I'm mostly alright with them in-game (not so much in real life), but nearly had a heart attack when I caught one and later saw it in my inventory. Never doing that again, always donating or selling it immediately. Something about the shape of the icon or the idea of it surprisingly being in my pockets...

That's kind of how I caught my scorpion. It was right about to attack, but I managed to throw the net down in time. Now I'm just hoping to have the same luck. Nothing so far XP
Do you have both of them then? Tarantula and scorpion? Once I have both I'm never trying to catch them again XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Right as I say that a tarantula spawned outside of my house and I was attacked :(
I hate this XD

I probably have the worst reaction to either of them, I tend gasp, freeze and panic. It's the opposite of stop, drop and roll, lol.

I haven't seen a scorpion yet, but I'm hoping it won't scare the crap out of me. I always try to turn up my volume real high but I see the visual first than their crunchy noises.

No, nope, didn't want to hear that *shivers*

I'm mostly alright with them in-game (not so much in real life), but nearly had a heart attack when I caught one and later saw it in my inventory. Never doing that again, always donating or selling it immediately. Something about the shape of the icon or the idea of it surprisingly being in my pockets...

Me.
I hate spiders in real life. I think it's something about the way they move, or their legs. Them being in a game isn't really much better. Now that I think about it, that may be why I had an easier time with the scorpion. I panic when I see the jitteriness of the spider DX

- - - Post Merge - - -

Guys, guys, guys, this thread must have been my stroke of luck. Before posting it, nothing was spawning. I was bored, so I wanted to chat while I searched. Since posting this one scorpion and two tarantulas spawned. The scorpion attacked. The first tarantula attacked. But guess what? I caught the second tarantula right as it was about to jump!!!!!!! I'm so happy right now. The search is over and I can breathe. :D

I feel like trying to catch one it will sting me and keep doing it 10 times and then I will loose everything in my game and it will reset my town because i am *dead* thats what i feel like.. lol :(

I've had the game since May and caught one quite soon! I've had good luck with that sort of thing, on my first night in town I found a perfect orange! Since then I've seen about three more tarantulas. It's weird. Sorry if it sounds like I'm showing off, I'm not meant to! I really had no idea any of those things were that rare until coming here. Good luck!!

I've had the game since May and caught one quite soon! I've had good luck with that sort of thing, on my first night in town I found a perfect orange! Since then I've seen about three more tarantulas. It's weird. Sorry if it sounds like I'm showing off, I'm not meant to! I really had no idea any of those things were that rare until coming here. Good luck!!

When you start your town you always have one perfect fruit of your town fruit(which is why it's important to plant it asap! My friend made the mistake of selling it lol) But congrats on the tarantulas!!! That's really cool :D

I just saw one so far this summer and it crashed into a tree before I could do anything. I caught two scorpions in a hour though.

Same for the walking leaf, I want to catch one with my side character for weeks, no luck.

i'm going crazy looking for tarantulas!!!!!!! i caught a scorpion two days ago (second one i ever saw) but i've seen 5 tarantulas and keep not getting them!!!!!!!!!!

dude this is gonna sound really silly, but I've never caught a tarantula/scorpion in any animal crossing game, and it's 100% because i had Wild World when i was little and i was completely terrified of them!! ;; i took animal crossing very seriously as a kid and it actually really freaked me out that there were bugs that could chase you and such, it scared the life out of me lmao

but im nearly 19 now, like im a Real Adult? apparently, but to this day every time i see one of them i just.... leave. I'm gone. I'm not dealing with those mONSTERS its too scary too stresssful lol

When you start your town you always have one perfect fruit of your town fruit(which is why it's important to plant it asap! My friend made the mistake of selling it lol) But congrats on the tarantulas!!! That's really cool :D

Oh silly me! I had no idea! Here I was thinking I was special hahaha... although I did catch another tarantula tonight!

Oh my goodness! Do not get me started on the tarantulas and scorpions! A few nights ago I needed one for an initiative and it wouldn't get in the net! Instead it kept attacking me! And stayed in the same spot just to be annoying lol. Happened about 4 or 5 times

I caught a tarantula without even trying. I was dropping money bags so my alt could pick them up later...and then along comes the tarantula. I think bell bags might be the perfect bait or something...because it just wanted to keep circling around the stash.

i'm kind of the opposite! i've had very few luck, seeing only a couple of tarantulas, but i've only seen one scorpion and failed to catch it .-. why are they so difficult xD

I've only seen two tarantulas so far. The first one attacked me, the second one vanished. Still no scorpions.

Back