• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Is this a thing with anyone else?

Mellyjan3

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Red Tulip
White Tulip
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
April Birthstone (Diamond)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
So i just noticed this for the first time, but my house is on the very bottom edge by the waterfall in my town and its 4AM in my game (not sure if this has anything to do with it) but when i was in the backroom of my house which has no music playing, i can hear the waves crashing and its so soothing. Now i'm never putting music in there and contemplating moving my bedroom to that room!

Oh yeah, I've always had my mayor's house by the ocean waterfall and noticed the pleasant sound immediately. I wonder if it would work at the second waterfall as well?

Omg my mayors house is right behind it as well! I just went to each room and was surprised to hear it in almost all of them! This is soo cool!

My mayor is in the center of the whole land, but my second character Pansage is near the ocean, and i noticed it even with music on.
I dont seem to hear it in Shari nor Chief's house, which are also close to the ocean.

I also placed my house near the waterfal and the ocean. The sound of the waves always reminds me of holidays .

My mayor's house is right by the beach. I can here waves crashing as well ^^ It really is nice c:

Yeah my previous house was also close to the beach. I loved the sound of waves. My current one is as well, but I don't spend much time in it so I never paid attention to that

Thats so cool! Now I wish I placed my house near the ocean or a waterfall. I chose near the train tracks >.>

Yes, it's nice to have those kind of things. I think you can also hear the shore sounds in the Roost and police station (if you put them nearby the edge of cliffs/closer to the beach)

i did not know that! my house and campsite are by a waterfall and i will check that out later

This makes me wish I had picked a different spot for my mayors house now :( I love the sound of running water

This is a thing. My house is near the ocean and lighthouse. I can hear the waves inside as well as my villagers who live in that area's houses as well.

My house is behind the ocean waterfall as well c: i love stepping out of the house and hearing it!

Back