• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Opinion on 'Copying' Rooms?

It's wrong if you pass it off as your own design, but I think it's okay to derive inspiration from certain rooms. I was inspired by Mischa Crossing's rooms when creating my 2nd floor.

It's also best you keep it to yourself, and avoid sharing it on the internet.

I don't think it's nearly as big of a deal as everyone is making it out to be :p

I agree it isnt a very huge deal.
We don't own the rights to the animal crossing furniture & 3d models, nintendo does xD

While it is a bit weird to copy a room item by item, placement by placement... nothing can be done about it. And anyone who is copying likely doesn't going to have as popular a town as yours, so it's not really worth getting upset about. But I think, if they copied their hand-made designs also, then it definitely is theft. Because even if they were just pixels, it's still their own art.

Tbh though, if i ever saw one of my rooms in someone else's town, Id be shocked & strangely flattered~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :p

It isn't that big of a deal considering it's just a game but I would be pretty annoyed myself if someone copied my room exactly considering how much effort I put into my house. Just why would you want a copy when you could probably come up with something that's unique or more different from it, or just something better. Originality is key

Back