• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Personality or Appearance?

Pansear-and-Nana

✣✾Stupid Monkey✾✣
Bells
Red Rose
Do you keep villagers based on personality or appearance? Maybe both? For me i keep the villagers by judging their type that matches their appearance. If they are nice to me, I'll keep them. Curlos was mean to me, and he was originally going to stay, so i kicked him out.
Monty was just randomly moved to town because i was messing around with him on camp and he was nice to me so I kept him. Ohare moved to a bad spot and i had urges of kicking him out, but i kept him because he was so apologenic to me. Iggly was one of my starter villagers and he was nice to me, but i respected his decision with moving, along with gwen. Before i knew muffy is in a higher tier, i liked her by both appearance and personality. I have such a soft side for uchi villagers.
I confess that Nana was meh-looking in the start for me, but when i adopted her from a cycling town out of the blue, i grew to like her.

Wart Jr. Is a jerk. I never liked him.

As I'm starting I choose personality to get the pwp, when I get the ones I want I will keep the villager that I find cute in appearence!

I usually pick just by appearance. Though when I had an all cat town, I chose katt because I needed an uchi for the pwp. After I finished the pwp I actually kept her! She is not really a cutie, but she was so sweet she stuck.

I have at least one of all of the personality types right now because I don't have close to all of the PWPs suggested. I really try to keep the ones that I think are the cutest out of each personality type. When I have all of the Uchi PWPs, I will probably not have any Uchi characters in my town. I don't really care for the personality type on any characters I've had so far.

Both but personality matter most. If I can't connect with a villager they gotta go. I dont really like generic looking villagers though.

i kind of want to have a balanced town in terms of personality types, so i have a dreamie of each type (except uchi bc i tend to not like them as much :'))! so after i pick my type, then i pick the specific villager that i think is the cutest or has the nicest design...
so i guess personality comes first, just to keep the balance, and then after that i'm all about appearance :blush:

I also like to have each personality type covered, just for the sake of balance. Other than that, appearance is the most important thing. A cute peppy (for example) is going to say the same things as an ugly peppy, so why not choose the one that's the most aesthetically appealing to you?

I lean more on the appearance side, or how they treated me if I ever had them in gamecube.
"Oh, remember all those times you were a jerk to me then? Guess what? I'm there mayor now! So you are outta here!"

I almost always judge them by appearance. Unless they're a jock, in which they immediately get kicked out.

Do what I did when Wart Jr. was one of my starters...net of fury!!!

They both matter to me. I like cute looking villagers, and I favor the normal, peppy, smug and lazy personality types. But I'll have a jock or snooty that looks cute to even it out and add more variety. That's Teddy & Francine. c:

Last edited:
Do what I did when Wart Jr. was one of my starters...net of fury!!!

I did the net of fury too! When he pinged me to move out, I told him he should, but then he changed his mind. So I kept using the net until I found out about the TT trick.

I judge them based on how they look, but if I get along with them I'll let them stay. Years ago in City Folk, Tabby lived in my town. I hated her because I thought she was ugly, but she was so nice. No matter how many times I did mean things to her, she was always so nice to me. I started to feel bad, so I befriended her and I really came to love her. Then she unexpectedly moved away, and I was really sad.

I also like Klaus. He currently lives in one of my towns. At first I wasn't happy to see him moving in, but he's not that bad.

I find certain personality's more appealing and I like when they have a cute appearance. Is it even possible for villagers to be mean? The only time i had one be rude to me was when i talked to them to much and they got really angry at me while they were thinking idk why.. As a follow up to their cute appearance I also classify colourful as cute. I have two VERRYYY colourful villagers Pietro and Stitch. Lucky was a very appealing and cute villager and Im trying to get Ankha because people make art of them both dating bc hes like a mummy (but a dog mummy) and then Ankha is a Egyptian queen cat and I actually think they would be cute together but I need them to be in the same town.. Sorry if I went a bit off topic xD

A cute peppy (for example) is going to say the same things as an ugly peppy, so why not choose the one that's the most aesthetically appealing to you?

Exactly my thought. If I could make a case for personality, it would really just be nostalgia or otherwise having grown fond of a less visually cute character (such as original villagers etc.)

For me personally, their house exterior matters a lot as well. There are quite a few villagers I'd reject simply because their house clashes with my taste or town style.

Usually by Personally. :)

But it seems my town is full of "High Tiers" which makes that sound iffy. :p But I like them all since I had them before and were enjoyable and fun.

Last edited:
I usually only count appearance since I know there's only so many actual personality types, but sometimes... yeah even though I know it's irrational sometimes there are lazies and snooties who get on my nerves more than they usually do. While if they're peppy or jocks I end up liking them even if they're ugly and it becomes a real struggle to let them leave...

Back