• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Personality or Appearance?

Personally I pick the cutest villagers from each personality group. This is why most of my villagers are the popular ones lol,, but I also have Filbert and Drift who aren't very popular in my town because they mean more to me. Drift was given to me by a really good friend and Filbert because he is very similar to me. I love the color blue and we share the dream to become pilots!

Personality, then appearance as far as villagers moving in. Unless they're sporty/jock, then please leave.
Also, if they have items I might want to buy when they invite me into their house.:p
But as far as dreamies, I choose them like ikeafanboy said above, the cutest from their group.

Does the net actually work? Because I have been missing this aspect if it does. I'd love to know!

It lowers their friendship, but it's been theorized that the more you are friends with a villager, the easier it is to move out.
However! In terms for TT-ing, I was able to move out most of the villagers I am not good friends with so easily. Maybe it's because that is the majority of the population.

Personally I prefer appearance because all the personality types are exactly the same to me, regardless of species.

Appearance.

The personalities don't seem to stand out as much as they used to.

I like to have personality types all covered. Katt moved out and I was really sad about it because she may not be cute, but she's my favourite uchi ! I miss her

This may seem expanded but in terms of personality, im quite refferring to villagers who are nice or mean to you and not really the type.

I pick them usually based on cuteness or if their name is awesome (example is Pashmina being named after cashmere yarn)

Hmm... I usually judge villagers (whoops!) by what they look like when they first move in... but if they aren't rude to me, I usually let them stay. If they get boring I just ignore them till they move out.

I keep villagers based on appearance first, and house interior second since I like to (attempt to) decorate the inside of each villager's house. I do like to have a variety of personality types, though, and have an abundance of peppies right now lol.

Personality. I really dislike having all my villagers "Kawaii" or "cute". I like to mix so it feels natural.

Last edited:
Back