Mario and sonic tv shows

2004gus

Furry
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Did everyone forget about the super marios show and super mario bros 3 super show and don't get me started on the sonic tv show sonic underground it gives me chills whenever I think about because it's so cringeworthy

Sonic SatAM is best sonic show. Look it up!

Tbh I kinda like TSMBSS

It's definitely not as bad as, ugh... the Mario Brothers movie *cringes*

I actually enjoyed Sonic Underground. I have a box set of it. It's pretty neat.

I prefer the comics, though. The Archie comics takes Sonic into a more expansive (and ocassionally mature) canon.

when I was 12-14 I bought every DVD for Super Mario Bros Super Show, Super Mario bros 3 and the Super Mario World cartoon. I have watched every episode on every DVD. I used to be a huge Mario fan.

I actually enjoyed Sonic Underground. I have a box set of it. It's pretty neat.

Even though I know I watched it as a kid, I can't really remember anything about Sonic Underground...Except that he's even cooler because he's in a rock band, because 90's.

I like the theme song though.

sonic underground? holy **** i better not see anybody else defending this trash. this used to be on tv and i was really into sonic so despite not finding the show particularly enjoyable i watched it anyway as i didn't really have any other option due to uk's freeview not having any variety.

8c070ecafaaa38343ae0f239e376c7ef.jpg

so first off the character designs look ****tyass sonic ocs from deviantart. they don't fit the style of sonic the hedgehog's design whatsoever, other than that fact that they all use the same hedgehog base. they're honestly atrocious. it always baffled me as to why sonic was naked while the rest of them have clothes. In hindsight, it's pretty obvious it's because they have to keep their chosen exploitable icon recognizable. the girl looks as such; pink and with feminine clothes so it appeals to females. the green hedgehog obviously was an attempt at making an 'edgy' and 'cool' design that would appeal to young boys.

in general the animation was complete and utter trash. it was literally ****ing bad and it's hard to look at lmao. the animators never kept on-model, which really compliments the poorly designed characters :)

FfoK7yU.gif

8d01c6886c2a4e64aea5d0ab83bf4a3f4d11c620_hq.gif

getting on to the writing, from memory... the story is cliched as hell and the humor is lacking to say the least. although this doesn't impact the show heavily itself, a lot of the time shows will take a widely recognizable icon like sonic and hope that alone will make the show successful. this gives the team working on the show an excuse to be lazy as they believe they don't have to try so hard which i would say is definitely the case with sonic underground. the fact they made so many changes to the lore, characters and themes makes it redundant to use sonic for this show other than that. they have the token female to appeal girls and a heavily clashing in personality male character so that they have an easy dynamic to work of off.

if you believe this show to be good, then clearly your nostalgia is lying to you. this is a kid's show but i still appreciate shows that try

as for the other shows...

sonic x was faithful to the modern games, and i appreciate that a lot. i hold it close to my heart. i think it was fun to watch as it was nice to see characters i cared about animated. however, the show itself was extremely average. i'm not gonna bother saying more than that. shoutout the chris who was meant to be a human children could relate to, but was a spoilt rich kid who lived alone in his parents mansion. love u tho bae.

sonic satam was pretty ok! it was faithful to the comics and was pretty entertaining. the characters were strong and enjoyable to have on screen. it was 'pretty generic 'rise up against the corrupt government with a group of rebels' and again nothing special, but by no means bad.

the adventures of sonic the hedgehog... not very funny, not a good show. moving on.

shoutout to sonic boom. the games were ****ty and i would rather have an action adventure sonic adaption, but the comedy in this cartoon series is really strong. the character dynamics work, the writing is superb and most episodes are consistently funny! it's extremely self deprecating, very meta and it just works. it made a joke about weird furry sonic art once. go watch it if you haven't given it a chance.

all the super mario bros shows were ****. poor animation and poor writing. at the very least they gave us some classic memes and i can enjoy this show ironically. other than that trash. it was far too americanized for my liking

Last edited:
Remember when the episode of Super Mario World called Mama Luigi used to be a meme? I was able to recite that whole episode almost.

Back