• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Transgender People No Longer Allowed to Enlist - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the wording could have been better. But this is overall a good decision in my opinion.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Really? That took not even thirty seconds of research. I'm not sure where on earth you got the idea that blacks couldn't serve in the military until "not long ago," when they've been in essentially every conflict America has been in.

It's fine if you think transgenders should serve in the military. You're free to think that. But for the time being, it's not going to happen.

I just looked up how long it takes someone to transition to another sex. Allegedly it can take from several months to several years. I'm not sure in what planet you live on, but if someone in your unit is out for that long it places a huge burden on everyone else because they have to pick up the slack left behind. The military is an extremely tough, fast-paced environment. Go ahead and keep thinking about how horrible of a person I am.

Basically agree with all of this

You're literally dismissing my post just because I used Wikipedia.

https://www.army.mil/africanamericans/timeline.html Is that official enough for you? By the way, the Wikipedia article literally has the sources it references.

And I'm in the military right now and I don't see any discrimination towards anyone. No one does. Everyone is treated the exact same. You have to earn your respect. I'd die for the guys I'm serving with, and they'd do the same for me. Times have changed. I'm not saying it's right how minorities were treated in the past.

im not dismissing your post entirely on the fact that you used wikipedia. im taking my grandfathers experience over a random dudes word who says he never saw discrimination in the military. but ill read that article. just because you never saw any discrimination it dont mean it or dealt it dont mean others dont as well. it just means you were likely to not be a part of a targeted group. my grandfathers black, and ill go on an assumption and say your not. thefore your experience in the military is different from his considering this country's history on how they treated black people, both as who or what you both were and of course at the times you both served, different experience. i would go more into discrimination against blacks in the military, but that would be derailing the topic here. since we are talking about transgender people.

back to the topic, my point is that although people think that for whatever reason whatever minority cant do ______ because theyre inferior wether physically/racially/mentally/gender. if given the chance, its going to be proven wrong, it happened many times throughout history. you cant categorize a whole set of people as inferior or having mental/physical health problems. again, there are trans people out there who are able to contribute to military service. just like how there are some white men who have mental or physical illness, they cannot enlist, just like there are some transgender who have physical or mental illnesses. but transgender ITSELF isnt a mental or physical illness, just like how being a male isnt a physical or mental illness.

nobody is talking about how transgender people are entitled to hormones + reassignment surguries paid by govt. money to put that out there is simply another excuse to derail the convo away from the root of the problem, discrimination.

I don't think the root of the problem is discrimination, it's combat readiness. And I'm not talking about whether or not the government should pay for their surgery. Although I don't think they should. I'm talking about the ramifications on the squad, platoon, company, and battalion the member belongs to if they decide to transition.

I have no opinion but the fact that these presidential statements are being tweeted is great. Gosh, he's so hip and trendy.

To be completely fair, it is the fastest way to get info out to the American public
He just uses it poorly.

CUCKING CUCKS IN THE HOUSE HOOTY HOO THIS THREAD OS OFFICIALLY LIT

- - - Post Merge - - -

I will assaninate Trump and all his Republican cucks in arms who are to succeed him uwu

The military shouldn't be a social experiment/playground when you have so much at stake.

Isn't it already, though? Let's send random people to some war and let's see how many and which that comes back somewhat whole.

Also he could very well use the money if he thinks it's so important then to have an army. Personally I'm not for or a fan of the army itself or how "proud" people are serving their country and the attitude that comes with it (like people being very macho and clean-cut) and what it makes to people. If you want to serve for regaining peace on valid ground however, do it if you want but don't come being proud or say they did not warn you about PTSD and such and expect us to feel sorry. This system with the army shouldn't even be there in the first place.

In regards to sex/gender and what's allowed, they should allow whoever. I'd personally never join such things and I can go on with a hippie talk about it, but to be neutral and not go raging I won't. Is it that hard to take care of transgenders, non-binary etc.? It's not that the Dump guy is poor or anything, however they still "want" people.. smh

I'm even against females serving in the infantry, which is my profession. No one really understands the ramifications of these sorts of things because it doesn't affect them. For instance, you can't have females sleeping in the same rooms as men, they need different bathrooms as well, the logistics would be completely insane. Not to mention that females are biologically not as strong as men. How can I expect you to drag or carry me if I've been shot, when I weigh about 225 lbs with just a flak jacket on?

The military works just fine. Stop trying to fix issues that aren't there.

And if they expect gender reassignment surgery while in the military? Who is going to do that, let alone pay for it? The system is already extremely full with service members and dependants that it took me four weeks just to get a physical therapy appointment. If funds to do these types of surgeries are taken from the national defense budget, you're essentially taking ammunition out of my rifle, fuel out of our tanks, and missiles off our aircraft just for these surgeries. It's wrong.

The military shouldn't be a social experiment/playground when you have so much at stake.

THANK YOU. I completely agree. I'm also of the opinion that women shouldn't serve in the military because, should there be another catastrophic war where tons of life is lost... we're the ones capable of birthing children and keeping the population going, to put it bluntly.

As for transgender people serving in the military... I agree with the decision made here. Having a disorder that causes anxiety already prevents you from being able to serve, and gender dysphoria causes an immense amount of mental distress. I've never heard a trans person talk about their dysphoria without mentioning the anxiety it caused for them. Gender dysphoria is also a complex mental issue that we don't have a ton of research surrounding. I think that if being over or under a certain height, having arthritis or sleepwalking can prevent entry into the military, then we should apply the same stringency here.

THANK YOU. I completely agree. I'm also of the opinion that women shouldn't serve in the military because, should there be another catastrophic war where tons of life is lost... we're the ones capable of birthing children and keeping the population going, to put it bluntly.

... Excuse me so that's the meaning of life? Really that should be your least issue if you join the military. If you're woman, childbirth should not be your main issue here. You can always adopt or just take care of someone else's kid if you're that in love with it. Also because we are capable should mean we should stay at home and do it.

Even if the laws are more strained sadly you should be able to adopt regardless of gender, as long as you get properly examined and they look at your record.

Which could be the same for the army, and not everything there is doing physical things either, maybe you're a computer pro or a medic... You shouldn't exclude people on random basis' like "everything is heavy physical"

I believe a governor or someone said that Trump shoud've not said this on Twitter. And yes, some things shouldn't be said on twitter.

I believe a governor or someone said that Trump shoud've not said this on Twitter. And yes, some things shouldn't be said on twitter.

Especially not like his random tweets that would probably end up again with random covfefe nonsense.

Isn't it already, though? Let's send random people to some war and let's see how many and which that comes back somewhat whole.

Also he could very well use the money if he thinks it's so important then to have an army. Personally I'm not for or a fan of the army itself or how "proud" people are serving their country and the attitude that comes with it (like people being very macho and clean-cut) and what it makes to people. If you want to serve for regaining peace on valid ground however, do it if you want but don't come being proud or say they did not warn you about PTSD and such and expect us to feel sorry. This system with the army shouldn't even be there in the first place.

In regards to sex/gender and what's allowed, they should allow whoever. I'd personally never join such things and I can go on with a hippie talk about it, but to be neutral and not go raging I won't. Is it that hard to take care of transgenders, non-binary etc.? It's not that the Dump guy is poor or anything, however they still "want" people.. smh

I'm not even sure how to reply to this. If you're not for the military, why do you even care who they allow entry? It's annoying enough when civilians try to tell us how to run our organization, but you don't even care. I find that laughable in itself, to be completely honest. And of course there's going to be an attitude a lot of us have. We've done more stuff and gone more places than many people will in their entire lives. Are you trained to eliminate targets in hand to hand combat and as far away as 500 meters? Can you provide first aid to someone who is missing limbs from an explosion or a gunshot wound to the chest? Probably not.

You not feeling sorry for service members with PTSD is ****ed up. What "system with the army" are you talking about?

And there have been studies (linked below) that transgender youth are much more likely to self-harm or attempt suicide, so evidently if you are part of that statistic, you shouldn't even be serving in the first place.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160831110833.htm

... Excuse me so that's the meaning of life? Really that should be your least issue if you join the military. If you're woman, childbirth should not be your main issue here. You can always adopt or just take care of someone else's kid if you're that in love with it. Also because we are capable should mean we should stay at home and do it.

Even if the laws are more strained sadly you should be able to adopt regardless of gender, as long as you get properly examined and they look at your record.

Which could be the same for the army, and not everything there is doing physical things either, maybe you're a computer pro or a medic... You shouldn't exclude people on random basis' like "everything is heavy physical"

The meaning of life is creating more life. That's one of our most ingrained instincts and it's how you prevent your species from dying off. If you risk the lives of the ones capable of bearing children, then you're putting your population at risk. Does that mean we should go back to having no choice in whether or not we become a housewife? No. And I don't see how adoption plays into this.

Additionally, women are better at nurturing than killing. And rbell2915 is right, we aren't as strong as men. Women and men aren't equal; we both have our strengths and weaknesses, which we should celebrate rather than condemn. I don't think saving the feelings of some women is worth sending tons of them off to die.

* donald trump can go die
* the us military sucks.
* it is discrimination to not allow people to be in the military because of their gender identity.
* there are trans people who have already transitioned who wouldnt need medical care that costs a ton of money, that's just an excuse for him to hide behind.
* the us government will spend enormous amounts of money on the military for whatever other reason but when it's about trans people into the military suddenly it costs too much lol yeah okay but i'm pretty sure there are other ways to save money that will save a lot more money

just my opinions xoxo

* donald trump can go die
* the us military sucks.
* it is discrimination to not allow people to be in the military because of their gender identity.
* there are trans people who have already transitioned who wouldnt need medical care that costs a ton of money, that's just an excuse for him to hide behind.
* the us government will spend enormous amounts of money on the military for whatever other reason but when it's about trans people into the military suddenly it costs too much lol yeah okay but i'm pretty sure there are other ways to save money that will save a lot more money

just my opinions xoxo

20374298_439289276471423_379212054092138343_n.jpg

Lmao where are you from?

The meaning of life is creating more life. That's one of our most ingrained instincts and it's how you prevent your species from dying off. If you risk the lives of the ones capable of bearing children, then you're putting your population at risk. Does that mean we should go back to having no choice in whether or not we become a housewife? No. And I don't see how adoption plays into this.

Additionally, women are better at nurturing than killing. And rbell2915 is right, we aren't as strong as men. Women and men aren't equal; we both have our strengths and weaknesses, which we should celebrate rather than condemn. I don't think saving the feelings of some women is worth sending tons of them off to die.
Yeah I have no instinct to create more life. If that's the meaning of life well then got. ****ing. damn. looks like I should probably just kms.

Yeah both sexes got natural strengths/weaknesses, but lmao women and men have equal capabilities lmao idk how u pulled that myth out if ur ass. U probably got told that at Sunday School.

Anyway, meanwhile while you're out saving our species from dying out (lol), I'm gonna go out , stop at Chick fil a, get some spicy nuggies and enjoy my life.

i have a great idea we can stop overpopulation by letting women into the military

Especially not like his random tweets that would probably end up again with random covfefe nonsense.

He seems to be twitter-obsessed more than I am apple-obsessed.

He also said that it costs too much to aid transgender people in the military. Well it costs too much to even declare war, even if we were instigated into doing so (like when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor or when Arthur Zimmermann sent a note to Mexico on taking back Texas).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back