Transgender People No Longer Allowed to Enlist - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What makes u think that

2. How is that relevant anyway

3. What makes YOU think you know what's best for the military. You're still just some rando on an AC forum so sit your ass down off your high horse bud

At least I'm currently in the military so this affects me?? And it's relevant because people who have absolutely zero experience with any sort of military service are now acting as subject matter experts on this discussion.

Not including the fact that trans people have a much higher risk for suicidal thoughts and attempts and are more likely to self harm, right?

Should people who were suicidal be allowed to enlist?

This isn't foreign policy by the way. That involves other countries. This is purely domestic. The generals and the DOD discuss this and decide what's best for the military.

And I don't Trump's days are numbered.
Their choice not anyone else's, and that doesn't mean they arent capable, and if they have mental health issues, then they shouldn't be enlisted simple as that. You can't just go and deny someone the opportunity to serve because they're more likely to have issues, they can very well not have issues at all.

I was talking about some other people earlier who were saying serving in the army isn't something you should be proud. I'm well aware.

And it's relevant because people who have absolutely zero experience with any sort of military service are now acting as subject matter experts on this discussion.

Yeah, welcome to bell tree forums, looks like you're finally figuring it out.

Really though, this thread is a nightmare. Everyone's got their own opinion, this isn't new. But who am I to expect civil discussion from here lol

Last edited:
it's you who said that would make the world less depressing not me... i'm happy sitting on my computer all day

I'm not going ape*** on something I have no control over though, am I? Even then, I am not saying I am better than anyone here.

At least I'm currently in the military so this affects me?? And it's relevant because people who have absolutely zero experience with any sort of military service are now acting as subject matter experts on this discussion.
The only one who's acting like they're an expert is you bud.

Is it worth it? The amount of trans in the military is so small, and there are so few trans who want to enlist even in proportion to their population, that this is a tail wagging the dog scenario.

Amazing how a bunch of high schoolers and college kids getting their tuition paid for by mommy and daddy think they know what's best for the military.

you as a non trans person talk about how trans people are and how they behave despite never meeting or talking to one.

ironically you criticize that people who arent in the military shouldnt decide how its run yet applaud the decision making of a transphobic reality star cheeto who has no experience in the military or respect for its veterans.

your clearly not here to debate despite you continously posting, your just here with your marine elitisim ego over civilians, and troll others with your recycled sarcastic jokes. grow up and stop trying to start a flame war.

Yeah I have no instinct to create more life. If that's the meaning of life well then got. ****ing. damn. looks like I should probably just kms.

Yeah both sexes got natural strengths/weaknesses, but lmao women and men have equal capabilities lmao idk how u pulled that myth out if ur ass. U probably got told that at Sunday School.

Anyway, meanwhile while you're out saving our species from dying out (lol), I'm gonna go out , stop at Chick fil a, get some spicy nuggies and enjoy my life.

Same, I don't wanna any whiny small toddlers crawling around, and if I have woo hoo I do it because I like the feeling not because I maybe want a kid, sweet cheese.

Yes, maybe we should everyone capable of creating life, and that nurturing literally anyone is just bs.

Oh right, forgot I need to go headbang and mosh pit all night at the concert. Toodles while Miii rages over another life not being created.

The only one who's acting like they're an expert is you bud.

No I'm pretty sure every single person here is acting like an expert because they proclaim to know all so much about the military and its workings that it's absolutely necessary for trans people to serve even though they don't even know the rank structure, let alone anything else actually relating to the military.

Is it worth it? The amount of trans in the military is so small, and there are so few trans who want to enlist even in proportion to their population, that this is a tail wagging the dog scenario.

Well if they wanna enlist, they should be able to do so. As I said I am against army and its bs system but if they wanna do it on valid grounds go ahead and your sex/gender should not matter as long as you are into it with everything that comes after as well.

Then US should stop pulling the equal and land of freedom country myth from their ass all the time, Dump clearly stated there you guys are not. And if he is so rich he should be able to provide both trans people and women the proper care.

And yeah I think we are more experts coming from valid points of view since we are not defending a crap system and pres like you seem to do.

K y'all need to just stop. Nobody's gonna win here. It's just a never ending flame war at this point. If y'all keep arguing it's just gonna lead to a bunch of warnings and possibly bans.

you as a non trans person talk about how trans people are and how they behave despite never meeting or talking to one.

ironically you criticize that people who arent in the military shouldnt decide how its run yet applaud the decision making of a transphobic reality star cheeto who has no experience in the military or respect for its veterans.

your clearly not here to debate despite you continously posting, your just here with your marine elitisim ego over civilians, and troll others with your recycled sarcastic jokes. grow up and stop trying to start a flame war.

Yet you talk about how the military should allow entry to trans even though you have no first hand experience with it. And it was the recommendation of the chiefs of staff, the president just happens to support and enforce it.

K y'all need to just stop. Nobody's gonna win here. It's just a never ending flame war at this point. If y'all keep arguing it's just gonna lead to a bunch of warnings and possibly bans.

Yeah, I'll stop there, I think my point has been made.

I think that that is already going to happen. Nobody here knows how to argue constructively. Everyone who participated in this thread deserves a ban, myself included.

the point where warnings need to be given is already passed... It's really sad how quickly a civil sharing of opinions degraded into full-on mud-slinging...

Actually I take my post back a bit. I do believe that rbell2915 was being constructive, but everyone else deserves a ban.

Hey maybe you should stop minimodding and let the thread die out on it's own.

@rbell you don't military experience to have an opinion on this issue so like shut the **** up already
you've been trying to make that argument work for like 20 minutes now

This thread is a disaster, nothing new there. heh. :rolleyes:

It's sad to see that these people are unable to defend their country when they want to, I'm not a fan of the US or the decisions they have made, many of which involve the army sending in troops to missions with little cause which end in those troops dying but it is their decision and if they believe it is the right thing to do then so be it, right?

If a transgender person has fully transitioned and are physically, mentally and emotionally fit for the job then let them participate in what they want to do. I don't see the harm in that case. If a transgender person hasn't full transitioned and may suffer many emotional and mental problems then they shouldn't be able to join the army, this applies to everyone trans or not.

That trash of a President can adjust his manner to be more Presidential and sophisticated when making announcements like these, especially if they are going to be seen by millions maybe even billions of people, especially transgender people who are being secluded from society because of acts like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back