What kind of headcanons do you have for your town?

Cheremtasy

Lost in the memories
Nature Nuts 🐿️
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Galaxy Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Nightmare Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Aurora Easter Egg
I've always liked making my own stories and coming up with headcanons in ACNL, but since coming back to the game, I've really been developing my town in this sense.
I'm genuinely curious to know how many other people do this sort of thing, and I'm interested to know what kind of ideas everyone has, so feel free to share them here! ^^

If you're confused as to what I mean, here are some of the headcanons in my town:
- Julia has the colouration of a male peacock so my headcanon is that she's transgender.
- Keaton and Dotty are dating, and even after Keaton moved away from my town, they decided to stay together (long distant relationship).

You can also go into detail about things, like, why so and so are in a relationship, why a certain event happened, etc.

i don't have any headcanons, but oooh i love the idea of julia being trans! :')

I don't have any either but I love how close Benjamin and Biskit are in my town. They claim that they never speak to each other because they can read each other's actions and know what was said. Squad goals? Bromance? lol

i don't have any headcanons, but oooh i love the idea of julia being trans! :')
Ah you do? I'm glad to hear haha! I just got her recently and the idea just kinda popped into my head.

I don't have any either but I love how close Benjamin and Biskit are in my town. They claim that they never speak to each other because they can read each other's actions and know what was said. Squad goals? Bromance? lol

And ohh I see, that's interesting! Maybe they're keeping something a secret haha. xD

Im making a huge headcanon of most of all the villagers in acnl including my characters. But there are very specific characters who are considered main characters such as Nana, Leopold and Chief. There is such a diversity for relationships and lgbt is acceptable but not really as common. It's more going for the zootopian theme but there are some characters who look bigger and smaller than they are in-game. Some characters are kids, others are full-grown adults.

But... My headcanon has a dark side too you know. Certain animals are part of the mafia, a group of vigilantes and semi-detectives. Olaf, Muffy, and Shari are part of the mafia, in instance for examples of members. There is also a cult of animals that worships "the devil", in which they believe that there is a being controlling them and time. Marshal, Deli, and Lolly are part of the cult. The cult isnt that harmful but it is disturbing. To top it off, there's a league of detectives that try to find missing animals that are killed off by the mafia. Many of the found animals turn out to be criminals so they don't turn in the members of the mafia and try to find them. But they are still curious of who they are. Leopold, Fauna, and Bill are detectives.

Not every animal gets a spotlight, but many of my favorites do. The main purpose of excluding most of the tier six and five villagers from the cast is to add a plot or a purpose, so they are not entirely useless. Some characters are just mentioned, maybe as relatives.

Im making a huge headcanon of most of all the villagers in acnl including my characters. But there are very specific characters who are considered main characters such as Nana, Leopold and Chief. There is such a diversity for relationships and lgbt is acceptable but not really as common. It's more going for the zootopian theme but there are some characters who look bigger and smaller than they are in-game. Some characters are kids, others are full-grown adults.

But... My headcanon has a dark side too you know. Certain animals are part of the mafia, a group of vigilantes and semi-detectives. Olaf, Muffy, and Shari are part of the mafia, in instance for examples of members. There is also a cult of animals that worships "the devil", in which they believe that there is a being controlling them and time. Marshal, Deli, and Lolly are part of the cult. The cult isnt that harmful but it is disturbing. To top it off, there's a league of detectives that try to find missing animals that are killed off by the mafia. Many of the found animals turn out to be criminals so they don't turn in the members of the mafia and try to find them. But they are still curious of who they are. Leopold, Fauna, and Bill are detectives.

Not every animal gets a spotlight, but many of my favorites do. The main purpose of excluding most of the tier six and five villagers from the cast is to add a plot or a purpose, so they are not entirely useless. Some characters are just mentioned, maybe as relatives.

Whoa I really like that! And I have no problem with dark or twisted things haha, you have no idea how much I welcome it l-lol.
I love how the villagers have certain roles to play and how some may be major, others minor; gives me a story kind of vibe.
The mafia and cult thing you have going on is especially intriguing to me tbh. There seems to be a lot of detail and variety going on, which I can always appreciate. Thank you for sharing. :)

I read a blog somewhere that theorized that Beardo was actually John Watson from the Sherlock Holmes novels trapped in the AC universe and that Pietro was based off John Wayne Gacy, a serial killer who worked as a clown and stowed the bodies of dead children under his house. I think other villagers were mentioned, too, but those were the ones that stood out the most to me.

I read a blog somewhere that theorized that Beardo was actually John Watson from the Sherlock Holmes novels trapped in the AC universe and that Pietro was based off John Wayne Gacy, a serial killer who worked as a clown and stowed the bodies of dead children under his house. I think other villagers were mentioned, too, but those were the ones that stood out the most to me.

Oh that's pretty cool, I love theories like that haha, it's so cool to see what people can come up with. >v<
And to be honest Pietro has always kinda creeped me out. Clowns in general are pretty terrifying imo... so that theory sticks out to me too lol.

I do this a lot.
Right now I've got 3 snooties. They are so a clique.
Octavian totally helps garden the town. Stuff like that.

Yesss omg that sounds great. Tbh I'm low on snooties, I only have Julian. All the snooties I've liked have moved out on me in the past OTL.
And oh, Octavian helping garden your town sounds so precious. :'>

I have several favorite snooties, but Diana and Whitney stood out to me the most as a best friend pair.

Butch had a run in with the law and so he's laying low...but Walker found out and that's why he's no longer in the village. That letter I got in the mail about his leaving? That was Butch forging his handwriting to throw off the fuzz.

...I actually never really made up any stories for my villagers. Some of these sound cool though.

Butch had a run in with the law and so he's laying low...but Walker found out and that's why he's no longer in the village. That letter I got in the mail about his leaving? That was Butch forging his handwriting to throw off the fuzz.

...I actually never really made up any stories for my villagers. Some of these sound cool though.

Pff, well it seems like you just made up something now, haha! I really love making stories and whatnot for things like this, it makes me a lot more invested in the game and more motivated to play (as well as draw the characters and scenes that may have happened, since I'm your average teenage artist lol).

Hi!

Beardo (Not in my town, but relates to the villager below)
Beardo is a detective bear, trying to do his best in your village, and works as an undercover writer. And he wants to be friends with everybody. He moves into your town with the intention of keeping you and everyone in your town safe, which sometimes comes of as creepy. :3

Nan
Nan is Beardo's co-worker and best friend. She's also the first to write about something going on in town, but in a nice way. She lives in a tiny house and has a desk, a chair, and she claims to work at it all day, playing piano and violin on the side. Anyway, she's super sweet and isn't afraid to tell you what's going on :3 (She's greeeaaat)

Last edited:
Hi!

Beardo (Not in my town, but relates to the villager below)
Beardo is a detective bear, trying to do his best in your village, and works as an undercover writer. And he wants to be friends with everybody. He moves into your town with the intention of keeping you and everyone in your town safe, which sometimes comes of as creepy. :3

Nan
Nan is Beardo's co-worker and best friend. She's also the first to write about something going on in town, but in a nice way. She lives in a tiny house and has a desk, a chair, and she claims to work at it all day, playing piano and violin on the side. Anyway, she's super sweet and isn't afraid to tell you what's going on :3 (She's greeeaaat)

I love Beardo's job haha that's so cool. ^^ (I kinda laughed when you said he sometimes comes across as creepy haha, rip Beardo).

Nan also seems really great lol I agree. She seems pretty positive and outgoing. The fact that she plays instruments too is just, yesss. Music for life.

Just because he's always so nervous and blush-y when he talks to me, I think Rodeo seriously idolizes the mayor! He dreams of being mayor himself one day, and being just as cool!

I also like to think that Renee is Henry's fashion mentor - whenever one of them changes, the other has the same thing on before the end of the day.

And of course, Renee and Tammy are best friends!

Just because he's always so nervous and blush-y when he talks to me, I think Rodeo seriously idolizes the mayor! He dreams of being mayor himself one day, and being just as cool!

I also like to think that Renee is Henry's fashion mentor - whenever one of them changes, the other has the same thing on before the end of the day.

And of course, Renee and Tammy are best friends!

Omggg Rodeo,, that's freaking cute tbh. :')

ohh fashion mentor, that's really neat! I hadn't thought of something in regards to villagers changing clothes/copying another's outfit, I love it!

Best friends are good, I approve. Dotty is probably my mayor's best friend in my town haha.

Back